Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    on the espn trade machine, the transaction is successful when you trade Anderson + Acy + Calderon

but i dont know how accurate their trade machine is

dudley is still owed roughly $4million the next 4 years

calderon is expiring, anderson is dirt cheap and they can always cut Acy
    I stand corrected. I thought there was a bigger difference in salaries than that. Maybe AA is getting paid more than I thought.

vCash
    man if only we were involved. with a small line up with Lowry, Ross, Demar, Gay, Jonas

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    man if only we were involved. with a small line up with Lowry, Ross, Demar, Gay, Jonas

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry:
    Trading for Gay basically means you're ready to throw in the towel and expect that lineup (minus Lowry) to be successful in the near future. We won't be able to afford any impact players on our team after this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Trading for Gay basically means you're ready to throw in the towel and expect that lineup (minus Lowry) to be successful in the near future. We won't be able to afford any impact players on our team after this.
    This makes perfect sense, but what kind of impact players do you think we may get otherwise?

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    This makes perfect sense, but what kind of impact players do you think we may get otherwise?
    For instance, Lowry and Davis are playing for contracts next year. If we add Gay, it would be very hard to keep both of them leaving us with very little depth even if we amnesty Andrea. I don't think Rudy Gay is good enough to warrant 17 million dollars nor is he good enough for us to essentially gamble our future for. If BC does this, we'll be on the treadmill for the next 5 years or so and be back to square one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    For instance, Lowry and Davis are playing for contracts next year. If we add Gay, it would be very hard to keep both of them leaving us with very little depth even if we amnesty Andrea. I don't think Rudy Gay is good enough to warrant 17 million dollars nor is he good enough for us to essentially gamble our future for. If BC does this, we'll be on the treadmill for the next 5 years or so and be back to square one.
    Or maybe it's time we stop acting like a small market team and Increase the payroll. Rogers and Bell own us now open shouldn't be a problem but only if its for the right players.

vCash
    but Gay is easily the best player on this team if we were to get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Or maybe it's time we stop acting like a small market team and Increase the payroll. Rogers and Bell own us now open shouldn't be a problem but only if its for the right players.
    small market? there is a salary cap with luxury salary cap tax implications we go over i.e. we pay twice the tax.

we only have so much to increase when you have mediocre talent like Bargnani and Derozan (next year) taking up like 1/3 of that payroll. We have some wiggle room starting next year with Caldy's expiring coming off.

vCash
    OT: FYI

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8824854

Blatche questioned by Cops for sex assault.

The volatility of these kind of players will always be of a concern by any front office.

Great talent but shaky ground.

vCash
    How would you guys feel about releasing Pietrus and Gray (I know financially releasing gray will sting a bit) and signing Kris Joseph and Jerome Jordan from the D League. Both guys have potential to be solid NBA role players and Jordan could give us a more defensive minded 5 then Gray while while Jonas is out.

vCash
    Quote:
    Griz CEO Jason Levien, whom principal owner Robert Pera has entrusted to run the franchise, is gauging the value of several players on the roster. There also have been exploratory trade conversations centered on forward Zach Randolph.

The Sacramento Kings are one of the teams that the Griz recently held preliminary talks with, according to a league source.
    Based on the mentioned rumor about possibly Grizz shopping Randolph, I came up with this...

Zach Randolph/Gay and Wroten

for

Bargs/Calderon/Kleiza and Amir

I think financially this benefit the Grizz long term, avoiding the lux penalty.

Raps though is bound to be financially tied down.

vCash
    ^^^ Job saving trade for BC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    ^^^ Job saving trade for BC
    Job ending for the Grizz GM.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Job ending for the Grizz GM.
    I think the trade rumor was actually dictated by the new Grizz ownership not the GM.

Although they can get a better deal for Randolph and Gay.

vCash
    Upset to hear Gay is currently available, wanted him to start the season.

Memphis claimed they wanted to see if they could win with him, surprised to see finance become a factor in trade, now that the team is winning.

It's one thing for Memphis to make a financial trade now if the team were losing. Instead there is no transparency in them taking a contender & stripping it. Poor message they continue to send to their fans.

If they had traded him to start the year, it would have been an easier sell. Instead were stuck with Fields at 6mil & if the thought to add Gay is still present that would be 22+ mil at SF for 2 players that are nowhere near worth their production/dollar value.

Only upgrade Gay is to Bargnani currently, is he doesn't play PF. IMO not worth parting with Ross & his rookie scale considering where this team currently ranks in the standings.

Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast