Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    May sound funny but Alan Anderson is the main reason for our turn around all of a sudden. A blue collared player like him is EXACTLY what we've been lacking for years on this team, those guys who will sacrifice their bodies and never be afraid to take big shots. He's the type of role player we need and I would not consider trading thsi guy at all as funny as it seems. His intangibles are rare to find and I would consider him a keeper going forward.

We need a couple more of these guys, especially one down low at backup C for Jonas.
    I wish we got Draymond Green he was one of those players, but we should look more for these appreciative guys.
    I agree , Anderson shouldn't be involved in trades, his defense and 3 point contributions is a HUGE part of our recent success he's the new Anthony Parker ! And as to your other comment about having a guy like that to back up JVal, his name is Amir Johnson! That guy brings it every night !!! Even if his stats don't show it, you know that he contributed in one way or another

vCash
    guys i love the Anthony Parkers, Alan Andersons and Jorge Garbojosa's of the world but the reason they are always so critical to our success is because the players we usually have in our starting lineups are so one dimensional. they are starving for someone to do the little things, the hustle plays, passing the ball unselfishly.

rather than overvaluing these types of guys we should just look to acquire more complete ballplayers. my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    WHy on earth would the raptors do that?!?!?!? I think that's the first trade I've seen on this forum where it's the raptors doing the worst trade off.
    When the Raptors first acquired Lowry, they were willing to give up a late lottery pick for him. In this scenario they are basically getting a late lottery to mid first pick back. Plus they free up a contract.

They move Bargs, who's value is low (because we are doing well without him plus the fact that everyone including my dog knows we want to get rid of him) for Gasol who's value is also low right now. Throw in Fields is bad contract and we can clear cap for 2014. If Gasol plays well, which I think he has a chance if he's the focal point of an offense, we may sneak into the playoffs. Even if we come just close, we gain value by lowering that draft pick on OKC that we lost in the Lowry trade. If we suck with Gasol, then we trade him in the offseason for some expirings and a pick and tank for Wiggins in 2014.

Worst case we get a few picks and free up cap and can tank for Wiggins.
    Last edited by Heediot; 12-30-2012 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    I will be happy if the Raptors make a trade that they get a first round pick in return.

vCash
    I don't know how much the Rockets value Terrence Jones but I think he'd be nice piece to have. I liked him coming out of college. He can play either PF or SF and is a former PG so he has a good handle. He has potential to have a decent all around game. He also played and was friends with T.Ross in high school.

Maybe a trade like Kleiza, Acy & a second round pick for Jones & Cook?

That's probably unrealistic. I doubt they'd even want to give him up this early in his career but Kleiza could offer him some solid depth and mins at PF & SF while Jones is sitting in the D-League. If/When Bargnani gets traded Jones would be able to get some mins
    Last edited by AmalgaMosaic; 12-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    WHy on earth would the raptors do that?!?!?!? I think that's the first trade I've seen on this forum where it's the raptors doing the worst trade off.
    Really?

I do that trade in a heartbeat. Except I force 'protection' on the pick for 2013 and then very little for 2014 to try and get us a draft pick in a better draft.

As much as it would be awesome to get an upgrade at SF I am not really sure we can get a clear upgrade in production anywhere. Rudy Gay would awesome, not happening. Luol Deng, ditto. I am not sure Granger is a clear upgrade at the 3 considering what we would probably need to give up.

I think the most realistic option and second biggest need is getting another decent to solid C. We only need one for a couple of seasons till Val is fully ready to take the reins. I still want Val getting solid minutes but now it can be based more on him earning it. Plus Val is going to improve faster going against Gasol in practice over Gray or Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    Really?

I do that trade in a heartbeat. Except I force 'protection' on the pick for 2013 and then very little for 2014 to try and get us a draft pick in a better draft.

As much as it would be awesome to get an upgrade at SF I am not really sure we can get a clear upgrade in production anywhere. Rudy Gay would awesome, not happening. Luol Deng, ditto. I am not sure Granger is a clear upgrade at the 3 considering what we would probably need to give up.

I think the most realistic option and second biggest need is getting another decent to solid C. We only need one for a couple of seasons till Val is fully ready to take the reins. I still want Val getting solid minutes but now it can be based more on him earning it. Plus Val is going to improve faster going against Gasol in practice over Gray or Johnson.
    I can see how that trade could work for us but I worry about Gasol's contract and his declining production. Also I don't want to trade Lowry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    guys i love the Anthony Parkers, Alan Andersons and Jorge Garbojosa's of the world but the reason they are always so critical to our success is because the players we usually have in our starting lineups are so one dimensional. they are starving for someone to do the little things, the hustle plays, passing the ball unselfishly.

Rather than overvaluing these types of guys we should just look to acquire more complete ballplayers. my opinion.
    Anderson has been about as a complete of a player as you can get during this stretch of wins. Over the last 7 games he has scored over 15 ppg, shot over 86% from the line and 43% from downtown, and played hard nosed defense.
    He isn't starting and doing the little things, he is coming off the bench and providing winning plays.

Having him coming off the bench has been huge for our second unit. Orlando went small against us, and we put him at the 4 with a second unit of:

Lowry
    Ross
    Fields
    Anderson
    Amir

Those 5 guys alone scored 55 points, hauled in 22 rebounds and dished out 12 assists. They play like that and I like our chances of winning a lot more games..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Anderson has been about as a complete of a player as you can get during this stretch of wins. Over the last 7 games he has scored over 15 ppg, shot over 86% from the line and 43% from downtown, and played hard nosed defense.
    He isn't starting and doing the little things, he is coming off the bench and providing winning plays.

Having him coming off the bench has been huge for our second unit. Orlando went small against us, and we put him at the 4 with a second unit of:

Lowry
    Ross
    Fields
    Anderson
    Amir

Those 5 guys alone scored 55 points, hauled in 22 rebounds and dished out 12 assists. They play like that and I like our chances of winning a lot more games..
    **** man so do i. please don't misunderstand. i'm just saying these guys tend to stand out because they are usually the opposite of most of our players. our GM tends to gravitate toward the uniquely skilled guys over well rounded ballers.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I just read that millsap is unhappy about a fourth quarter benching , and has been steadily losing minutes. Maybe a trade could be on the horizon . Anyone think he could be a productive SF... ? I know he plays PF
    ( @Rotoworld_BK: Millsap upset about fourth quarter benching http://t.co/h1YkdX0v )

vCash
    Al Jefferson is also rumored to be available. I would love him for C/PF. I think him, Jonas and Ed Davis sharing the 4 and 5 spot would be great. Jonas is still a rookie and needs time to improve, I think an Al Jefferson could give him some help this year. Jonas can come off the bench.

Jefferson and Millsap both have expiring contracts. Get them both for Caledron and Bargnani. Throw in small pieces here and there and make the trade. I think Utah needs a point guard bad and Caledron can be that guy.

I think the Raps can seriously make a run for the playoffs. Only 3.5 games back. Philly and Boston fading fast. Raps have the momentum and a good balance of players. I think they can slide into 7th or 8th when its all set and done.

What do you guys think??

To TOR:
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap

TO UTA:
    Jose Calderon
    Andrea Bargnani (only guy in the deal to have an extra year remaining on deal).
    Last edited by Sanyo; 12-31-2012 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Al Jefferson is also rumored to be available. I would love him for C/PF. I think him, Jonas and Ed Davis sharing the 4 and 5 spot would be great. Jonas is still a rookie and needs time to improve, I think an Al Jefferson could give him some help this year. Jonas can come off the bench.

Jefferson and Millsap both have expiring contracts. Get them both for Caledron and Bargnani. Throw in small pieces here and there and make the trade. I think Utah needs a point guard bad and Caledron can be that guy.

I think the Raps can seriously make a run for the playoffs. Only 3.5 games back. Philly and Boston fading fast. Raps have the momentum and a good balance of players. I think they can slide into 7th or 8th when its all set and done.

What do you guys think??

To TOR:
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap

TO UTA:
    Jose Calderon
    Andrea Bargnani (only guy in the deal to have an extra year remaining on deal).
    I'd like that move but really it does nothing for either team beyond this year and if Utah is getting rid of Millsap and Jefferson then there obviously packing it in for the year and having Jose for half a year tanking is pointless. Unless they are intrigued by Bargs which I'm guessing there probably not.
    Utah should be looking for picks or young guys with those two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I'd like that move but really it does nothing for either team beyond this year and if Utah is getting rid of Millsap and Jefferson then there obviously packing it in for the year and having Jose for half a year tanking is pointless. Unless they are intrigued by Bargs which I'm guessing there probably not.
    Utah should be looking for picks or young guys with those two.
    Depends I guess what's on the market. I think Jose can give them a long-term option at PG, which is why they'd make the trade and the Raps get a potential long-term SF in Millsap. Andrea, if motivated, can be a really good player for Utah or atleast give them 17-18 points a night to plug in Jefferson's departure. Jefferson I see being a short-term one year guy before he moves on but the Raps lack a big man and Jonas will be out until late Jan or early Feb and exposes the Raps down low. Its either him or Andrea and at this point I'd just go with Jefferson.

If they want picks, then yeah its not likely going to be us. But then again, any team interested is likely going to be a late round pick anyways for Utah, I might just go for the sure thing in Jose who you know will be a great asset and a good locker room guy over a pick that might be 20th and above and a crapshoot.

But, yeah I guess it just depends up to Utah at this point.

vCash
    A Denver fan suggested this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7pb4se

Pretty intriguing deal actually. They then went on to say:

Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Yes!

But Calderon's stock is sky high at the moment. It would take more than Miller and Moz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Well i would trade Ty,Miller,Mozgov for something like Lowry,Calderon
    I think there's a deal to be made here, with the possibility of adding Bargs to it:

Denver gets: Calderon+ Bargs+ Sac 2nd
    Toronto gets: Chandler+ Miller+ Mozgov+ TPE
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5jxfxh

Denver:
    Lawson/Calderon
    Iggy/Brewer
    Gallo/Hamilton
    Faried/Bargnani
    Koufos/McGee

Toronto (cut Pietrus):
    Lowry/Miller/Lucas
    DeRozan/Ross/Fields
    Chandler/AA/Kleiza
    Davis/Amir/Acy
    Valanciunas/Mozgov/Gray

That's a very deep team with some upside and trade pieces.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    west 10 million (expiring)
    granger 13 million
    augustine 3.5 million (expiring)

total = 26.5 million

bargs 10 million
    calderon 10.5 million (expiring)
    kleiza 4.5 million (player option)
    lucas 1.5 million

total = 26.5 million

PACERS
    calderon/lucas/b.hansbrough
    hill/green
    george/kleiza
    bargs/t.hansbrough
    hibbert/mahimni

RAPTORS
    lowry/augustine
    ross/anderson
    derozan/fields
    west/davis
    jonas/amir

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-31-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast