Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Plus we'd have Gordan + DeRozan + Ross at our SG, leaving us with 3 logjams at PG,SG and PF. BC is in "Save my job mode", he wants to win and Gordan being injured (possibly faking it) indefinitely is not gonna win us games. Getting rid of Bargs and fields I like though
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    Or just amnesty Bargs next year...and maybe they can save about $5-$7 million if a team bids for about $5-$7 mil to get him and get someone else next year. Caldron and his $10 mil also comes off the books.

Only way I trade Bargs or Caldron is for draft picks or a young guy -- both unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Plus we'd have Gordan + DeRozan + Ross at our SG, leaving us with 3 logjams at PG,SG and PF. BC is in "Save my job mode", he wants to win and Gordan being injured (possibly faking it) indefinitely is not gonna win us games. Getting rid of Bargs and fields I like though
    I hear you, but i look it like this...EG is gunna end up playing the pg position he just doesnt have the size to play sg full time i dont think (he definitely has the skills though), the average sg height now is like 6'5 ...Gordon is like 6'2-6'3. I really think if calderon was to mentor him on the ins and outs of playing the pg position he would be pretty damn good. And if worst comes to worst you trade him away for picks or prospects...or you trade Derozan if u feel Gordan is your sg of the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze777 View Post
    I hear you, but i look it like this...EG is gunna end up playing the pg position he just doesnt have the size to play sg full time i dont think (he definitely has the skills though), the average sg height now is like 6'5 ...Gordon is like 6'2-6'3. I really think if calderon was to mentor him on the ins and outs of playing the pg position he would be pretty damn good. And if worst comes to worst you trade him away for picks or prospects...or you trade Derozan if u feel Gordan is your sg of the future.
    lol what?

vCash
    Toronto gets Bynum, Darius Morris

Philly gets Pau Gasol

Lakers get Calderon, Bargnani, Kleiza and Philadelphia's pick

get rid of 2 contracts, and clear up cap space with bynum since people want to tank 2014

vCash
    He is undersized but he has an above average wingspan (comparatively, Kyrie has a wingspan of 6'4 while Gordon's is 6'9 and they're basically the same height) and has great lateral quickness. He can guard the 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    He is undersized but he has an above average wingspan (comparatively, Kyrie has a wingspan of 6'4 while Gordon's is 6'9 and they're basically the same height) and has great lateral quickness. He can guard the 2.
    Imagine though,

Gordon
    Ross
    Derozan (though he struggles mightily with bigger opponents)
    Ed Davis
    Val

or

Lowry
    Gordon
    Derozan
    Ed Davis
    Val

either way, Gordon or Ross project to be better SG than Derozan, who has the game but lacks the quick handles (mildly better) and 3 point shot (which is getting better this year)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Imagine though,

Gordon
    Ross
    Derozan (though he struggles mightily with bigger opponents)
    Ed Davis
    Val

or

Lowry
    Gordon
    Derozan
    Ed Davis
    Val

either way, Gordon or Ross project to be better SG than Derozan, who has the game but lacks the quick handles (mildly better) and 3 point shot (which is getting better this year)
    Yeah I don't like DD that much as a player, he doesn't have the skill set that I want from a SG.

I haven't seen much of Ross yet to form an opinion.

To be honest, we would be better off tanking and getting a much better prospect in 2014. Maybe Kyrie and Harden would want to super team with Wiggins in the future. Who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Yeah I don't like DD that much as a player, he doesn't have the skill set that I want from a SG.

I haven't seen much of Ross yet to form an opinion.

To be honest, we would be better off tanking and getting a much better prospect in 2014. Maybe Kyrie and Harden would want to super team with Wiggins in the future. Who knows?
    I could almost see Ross as an undersized 3, he could be used kind of like Marion. He doesn't have the playmaking ability of DD yet, but he's better at moving off the ball and finishes waaaaaay above the rim both on the weak side and on the fast break. Frankly I don't understand why we don't start both of these guys and just adjust backups and matchups as they warrant.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    bargs, calderon, kleiza for mo williams and aljeff

lowry/willams/lucas
    ross/fields
    derozan/anderson/pietrus
    all jeff/davis
    jonas/amir

Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    There is nothing wrong with DD's skill set at SG. I can't believe after the strides this kid has made people STILL aren't satisfied with his progress. I would love for him to be able to shoot the 3, but Dwayne Wade doesn't shoot the 3 either. As long as he keeps improving his handles and gets stronger he should improve his scoring. As soon as he starts finishing some these and 1's he'll be a beast.

Trade 1:

Dallas:
    Lowry

Toronto:
    Collison
    Brand
    1st Rounder

Raptors get a capable backup PG, first rounder and 2 expirings and vet big.

Trade 2:
    *When Bargnani and Bynum are healthy*

Raptors:
    Evan Turner
    Kwame

Sixers:
    Bargnani
    Quincy Acy

Val, Brand, Kwame
    Ed, Amir,Gray
    Turner, Anderson, Fields
    DD, Ross, Kleiza
    Calderon. Collison, Lucas

First rounder back. Lots of expiring contracts. Lots of young studs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    There is nothing wrong with DD's skill set at SG. I can't believe after the strides this kid has made people STILL aren't satisfied with his progress. I would love for him to be able to shoot the 3, but Dwayne Wade doesn't shoot the 3 either. As long as he keeps improving his handles and gets stronger he should improve his scoring. As soon as he starts finishing some these and 1's he'll be a beast.

Trade 1:

Dallas:
    Lowry

Toronto:
    Collison
    Brand
    1st Rounder

Raptors get a capable backup PG, first rounder and 2 expirings and vet big.

Trade 2:
    *When Bargnani and Bynum are healthy*

Raptors:
    Evan Turner
    Kwame

Sixers:
    Bargnani
    Quincy Acy

Val, Brand, Kwame
    Ed, Amir,Gray
    Turner, Anderson, Fields
    DD, Ross, Kleiza
    Calderon. Collison, Lucas

First rounder back. Lots of expiring contracts. Lots of young studs.
    both trades are heavily lopsided

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c7zpkf2

maybe try to get a 2014 pick as well...
    also

that is the biggest ripoff for the hornets

anderson is leagues past bargnani in every aspect of the game right now

vCash
    Utah with a difficult choice to make, Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. Either player can be a very good addition to the raps core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    both trades are heavily lopsided
    Maybe on paper it may look like it, but I don't see it when you look at the rosters.

Collison is nothing more than a backup PG. Brand is a Veteran that can add something off the bench, not much more. The 1st rounder shouldn't be in the lottery once Dirk returns. Lowry *should* give them a starting PG to compete in the west with.

Lowry, Mayo, Marion, Dirk & Kaman is much better than Collison etc etc IMO.

The Turner trade may need some tweaking, but from what I've read Philly is at least entertaining offers on them. Once Bynum comes back, he should pair pretty decently with Bargnani. The sixers have a lot of depth at the wing position and they don't really have a "PF" either.

I was considering Young, but DD and Young at the wings would be terrible for 3 point shooting.

Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast