Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1083
    vCash
    boston gets the **** end of that deal actually haha

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    He's not versatile enough to guard every position on the perimeter, only PG's. Besides being a good defender he can't do anything eles besides hit the open 3. He's only a good defender of PG's despite being foul prone and gets absolutely abused when guarding SG's. The dilemma with him is that he is a SG stuck in a PG's body. He can't orchestrate an offence and he can't guard SG's. People on this forum hated the two PG lineup and that is essentially what bringing in Bradley would be solidifying considering that we don't really have any players that can consistently run an offence and create for others outside of our PG position.

Bradley's defensive stats: http://www.82games.com/1213/12BOS2.HTM look at his net production by position.
    He's been injured this year. Use last year's numbers. It says he played PG more last year but that was because Allen was there. He was very solid at the SG position though (he basically played most of his SG when he was a starter for the 2nd half of the season).

http://www.82games.com/1112/11BOS2.HTM

I couldn't find the post but when I was playing the NBA Redraft, someone posted links and stuff how stats say that Bradley was a top 10 overall perimeter defender (he was like 6th) for players that played a certain amount of mins.

The guy is basically a Tony Allen mold. He's more than capable of guarding opposing SG's. Only time he should have trouble is when they post up. But he has great footwork and knows know to bother SG's with his hands.

vCash
    4 Team Mega-deal- Now this is what the trade thread is all about lol.

LA Gets:
    Andrea Bargnani
    Brandon Bass
    Courtney Lee

Boston Gets:
    Rudy Gay
    Jose Calderon
    Jerryd Bayless

Memphis Gets:
    Ed Davis
    Linas Kleiza
    Landry Fields
    Clark

Toronto Gets:
    Paul Pierce
    Pau Gasol
    Bradley

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abyobf3

Val, Gray
    Gasol, Amir, Acy
    Pierce, Anderson, Pietrus
    DD, Ross
    Lowry, Bradly, Lucas

Another huge deal, similar result:

LA Gets:
    Green
    Bargnani

Boston Gets:
    Gay
    Calderon

Memphis Gets:
    Boston 1st rounder
    Fields
    Davis
    Kleiza

Toronto Gets:
    Gasol
    Pierce

Val/Gray
    Gasol/Amir/Acy
    Pierce/Anderson/Pietrus
    DD/Ross
    Lowry/Lucas

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b94ykq4

As you can tell, I have nothing better to do tonight.

vCash
    Grizzlies Get:
    Calderon
    World Peace

Lakers Get:
    Rudy Gay
    Andrea Bargnani
    Gray

Toronto Gets:
    Gasol
    Bayless
    J. Hill

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a3mezzm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Grizzlies Get:
    Calderon
    World Peace

Lakers Get:
    Rudy Gay
    Andrea Bargnani
    Gray

Toronto Gets:
    Gasol
    Bayless
    J. Hill

Considering this teams weakest position is SF & Gays salary/contract is equivalent to Gasol's while being several years younger about to enter his prime, why would you flip Gay for Gasol & another PF to add to the glut of PF's currently on roster than potentially fill the hole at SF?.

vCash
    I expect a busy period approaching the trade deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Considering this teams weakest position is SF & Gays salary/contract is equivalent to Gasol's while being several years younger about to enter his prime, why would you flip Gay for Gasol & another PF to add to the glut of PF's currently on roster than potentially fill the hole at SF?.
    The SF's available are not good enough. Plain and simple. I think Gasol adds more value as the individual player rather than Gay. I would prefer Pierce out of anyone, but I'm probably in the minority with that. I don't think we have a "glut" of PF to be honest. A 4 man rotation of Gasol, Val, Amir, and Ed is pretty darn good in my opinion. When I look at Anderson I see a poor mans and 10X cheaper version of Gay. Gay is just not worth it to me. Gasol adds more value to the team. Star power, experience, production and a year less on his contract.

vCash
    Grizzlies Get:
    Calderon
    World Peace

Lakers Get:
    Rudy Gay
    Andrea Bargnani
    Gray

Toronto Gets:
    Gasol
    Bayless
    J. Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I know right... Getting a star caliber player is terrible.

vCash
    I know right... Getting a star caliber player is terrible.
    i'm trying to figure out how we get so much by only giving up Jose and Andrea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm trying to figure out how we get so much by only giving up Jose and Andrea.
    You don't think Memphis and LA are getting good deals? I wouldn't be surprised if I made a biased trade, but I thought this one was pretty even...

LA: Bargnani who would probably fit in well with Dwight/Nash/ and company. Plus an upgrade to the SF position.

Memphis: Gets rid of a ton of salary next season, upgrades their backup PG this season and still maintain a very good SF to contend with.

What do you specifically think they won't like about the trades? From what I've read LA gets the guy they're interested in with Gay, and they move the guy who they're rumored to be moving.

vCash
    You don't think Memphis and LA are getting good deals? I wouldn't be surprised if I made a biased trade, but I thought this one was pretty even...

LA: Bargnani who would probably fit in well with Dwight/Nash/ and company. Plus an upgrade to the SF position.

Memphis: Gets rid of a ton of salary next season, upgrades their backup PG this season and still maintain a very good SF to contend with.

What do you specifically think they won't like about the trades? From what I've read LA gets the guy they're interested in with Gay, and they move the guy who they're rumored to be moving.
    if i'm being nit-picky, which i am, i'd say i'm not sure Memphis is really making out all that great in that deal. MWP is a nutjob, Calderon might be gone next season.

for Toronto i think it's fabulous. if you'd told me we could get Gasol and unload Bargnani by tying him to Calderon in a deal i would have been ecstatic. coming out with Bayless and Hill is just gravy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    if i'm being nit-picky, which i am, i'd say i'm not sure Memphis is really making out all that great in that deal. MWP is a nutjob, Calderon might be gone next season.

for Toronto i think it's fabulous. if you'd told me we could get Gasol and unload Bargnani by tying him to Calderon in a deal i would have been ecstatic. coming out with Bayless and Hill is just gravy.
    Fair analysis. You're one of the few who seem to be okay with getting Gasol lol.

vCash
    Fair analysis. You're one of the few who seem to be okay with getting Gasol lol.
    I'll go on record too as being OK with gasol. Bargs and Klieza for gasol is good with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    I'll go on record too as being OK with gasol. Bargs and Klieza for gasol is good with me.
    no **** the Raps will take that deal. Lakers won't. If I was the Lakers GM, i wouldn't want Bargs and Klieza, would you?

Gasol is still worth more playing off of the bench than what the Raps are offerin.

Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast