Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1083
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    So far this season he has regressed...irregardless he's still a scrub and his team has been playing sub-par basketball whenever he is on the court.
    I don't get this. You admit that he's great at guarding PGs but regressed when it comes to guarding SGs. If anything, statistically, it's the other way around if you're going to ignore the small sample size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    I think something will happen with this
    and thats why we shouldn't give up Lowry. There is nothing from Boston that could make this team any better than it already is.

#giveLowryachance

vCash
    Seriously we've seen Lowry carry the team at the start of the season and Derozan looked phenomenal playing with him. We've seen Lowry defending Lebron James, Wade, Kobe for heavens sakes.

This guys mentality is what we need and his cockiness is needed to but I can see why that would irritate some players and fans. But we need that. I rather have that then be soft guys getting dunked on and kicked in the balls and not doing nothing about it type of team.

Just give the guy a god damn chance please FFS..

I admit doe Calderon has outplayed him greatly the past week and a half but we've been what 1 or 2 and 6 in that stretch??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Seriously we've seen Lowry carry the team at the start of the season and Derozan looked phenomenal playing with him. We've seen Lowry defending Lebron James, Wade, Kobe for heavens sakes.

This guys mentality is what we need and his cockiness is needed to but I can see why that would irritate some players and fans. But we need that. I rather have that then be soft guys getting dunked on and kicked in the balls and not doing nothing about it type of team.

Just give the guy a god damn chance please FFS..

I admit doe Calderon has outplayed him greatly the past week and a half but we've been what 1 or 2 and 6 in that stretch??
    my sentiments the same. I don't see why Lowry doesn't get a chance??? He's probably the most talented player we have had at that position and now the fans want to trade him b/c we win a few games here and there with an inferior player in Calderon (talent wise). Lowry was a debateable top 10 PG in this league and puts up amazing all round numbers. he's a cocky SOB but he gives this team a face and an identity. great man defender as well. I like Calderon too but going forward (Lowry @ 26 years old) this is a no brainer on whom to keep (if they were going to trade one or the other)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I'll go by the much larger sample size (64 gms vs 13) of when he was healthy as a better indicator of his defense, but to each his own. A 22 yr old lock down defender who can hit the 3 at a good clip is more than a "scrub" imo.
    We may have different definitions for a scrub. He deserves to be in the league although I don't think that he's more than a 8-10th man on any contending team.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I don't get this. You admit that he's great at guarding PGs but regressed when it comes to guarding SGs. If anything, statistically, it's the other way around if you're going to ignore the small sample size.
    How so? I was looking at the stats on 82games.com & his opponent production at the SG position was close to a PER of 20.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I think we can work out a 3 way trade with the Rockets since they are so desperate for big names but I don't think a PP trade would take place until the offseason.
    But we can do something around the Parameters of

Rockets get:
    PP

Raptors get:
    Chandler Parsons
    1st-Draft Peyton Siva
    Fab Melo
    Courtney Lee
    Patrick Patterson

Celtics get:
    Bargnani
    Fields
    Rockets 1st
    Fillers

some **** like that would benefit all teams IMO..

Rondo-Bradley or Lee- Sign Iggy-Bargs-KG
    Lowry-Dero-Parsons-Ed-Val
    Linn-Harden-Pierce-Morris-Asik

Just did this roughly but y'all get the picture

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

How so? I was looking at the stats on 82games.com & his opponent production at the SG position was close to a PER of 20.
    lol what? It's 14.9

Tony Allen's is 13.0

Shumpert's is 17.6

Sefolosha's is 13.2

You still sure he get's "abused" by opposing SGs??

vCash
    Meant to say he was better at guarding the SG position last season than he was at guarding the PG position. So I don't get why you assume he's a great PG defender and not a great SG defender, especially when most of his minutes are coming from the SG position this year.

For instance,

He held opposing PGs to 16.9 PER last season. 0 PER this season.
    He held opposing SGs to 7.6 PER last season. 14.9 PER this season.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 01-28-2013 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    so the raps are still going after Rudy Gay....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...zzlies-sources

TORONTO RAPTORS !!

CLIPPERS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor-54 View Post
    so the raps are still going after Rudy Gay....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...zzlies-sources
    Sources: Raptors covet Rudy Gay
    Updated: January 28, 2013, 7:57 PM ET
    By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Memphis Grizzlies continue to field calls from teams interested in Rudy Gay and are engaged in active trade discussions with the Toronto Raptors, sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com.

Although the framework of a workable trade has not yet been established, sources told ESPN.com that Toronto -- known to be perhaps Gay's most determined suitor -- has continued to make a hard push for the swingman.

The Grizzlies, though, maintain that last week's luxury-tax-slashing trade with Cleveland means they no longer feel the same pressure to move Gay or another high-priced player before the NBA's Feb. 21 trade deadline.

New Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien told local reporters late last week that "we really like our team" and that it is "more likely than not that we do nothing" in terms of breaking up Memphis' marquee foursome of Gay, point guard Mike Conley, forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol.

But sources say that the Raptors, undaunted by that stance, continue to pursue Gay and also covet Grizzlies forward Darrell Arthur. Toronto, sources said, has made veteran point guard Jose Calderon and blossoming young forward Ed Davis available as the two cornerstones of its offer.

Other teams remain engaged with the Grizzlies as well, as Memphis officials continue to weigh whether it is best to trade Gay or keep together the core of a team that has ranked among the top four in the Western Conference.

If talks with the Raptors do progress, according to sources, it's possible that a trade with Memphis could expand to include other teams and players. NBA front-office sources have maintained for weeks that Calderon (who has an expiring contract), fellow Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry (only $1 million in guaranteed salary next season) and former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani all are available.

The Boston Celtics, sources say, are another team that has registered exploratory interest in Gay. But making a trade for Gay would require Boston to part with Paul Pierce -- a step that Celtics management may not be ready to take, especially since Gay has two years left on his contract valued at more than $35 million.

Sources say that the Grizzlies, meanwhile, know Pierce would likely have strong reservations about leaving Boston for Memphis and aren't sure he could address the various priorities they've identified as musts in a Gay trade, such as adding depth and youth to the roster as well as balancing out a top-heavy payroll.

Sources told ESPN.com on Sunday night, in the wake of Rajon Rondo's season-ending knee injury, that Boston was more likely to pursue Lowry and his cap-friendly contract.

ESPN.com reported Friday that there is no shortage of teams convinced that the Grizzlies might still opt to move Gay before the trade deadline, especially in the wake of their recent trade with Cleveland that shed more than $6 million in salary and took the Grizzlies under the luxury-tax threshold.

But Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and various players have publicly lobbied for the right to play out this season with no dramatic changes to the roster, now that Memphis will not have a luxury-tax bill at season's end.

Taking the long-term view, however, Memphis' management team under new owner Robert Pera is said to be concerned about its limited ability to keep improving the roster and address obvious concerns regarding the Grizzlies' depth and perimeter shooting. The bulk of Memphis' payroll is tied up in four players: Gay, Conley, Randolph and Gasol.

To convince Cleveland to take back reserves Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Selby in Tuesday's trade, Memphis was forced to surrender a protected future first-round pick.

The Grizzlies, sources said, were concerned about their lack of future first-round picks before that trade and are thus believed to be pursuing picks as part of any in-season deal involving Gay.

The Grizzlies could also elect to resist in-season trades and then try to move Gay or Randolph in connection with the draft in June or during free agency in July.
    Not saying I'd do this deal, but just by going off the article...
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=avgrezn

vCash
    I really couldnt see Boston doing that trade

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    I really couldnt see Boston doing that trade
    Well they could either pay Rondo $36M for 1 year of play (in 2015) when Pierce is gone and KG could be retired, or they could get Lowry for 1.5 yrs at roughly $9M to take another run with PP and KG. Not to mention Boston played better without Rondo on the court this season. All depends if they want to blow it up or not. Boston was crappy on offense with Rondo this season, so getting 2 scorers in Lowry/Bargs should help them in that respect. And a Green/Bargs swap has been tossed around before.

vCash
    Why is it necessary to give up Davis ? He finally starts playing good, and were going to ship him out and give his spot right back to Bargs. Anyone think this deal would work if it were Anderson in, instead of Ed ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntwanN21 View Post
    Why is it necessary to give up Davis ? He finally starts playing good, and were going to ship him out and give his spot right back to Bargs. Anyone think this deal would work if it were Anderson in, instead of Ed ?
    You have to give to receive.

vCash
    what if we did a trade including boston were the Raptors got somthing like Gay and Melo, Boston gets Bayless and Bargnani and Memphis get Calderon annd Sullinger or some other kinda deal like that

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast