Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I think it's more luck.

1. They got Lebron. Luck.
    2. He turned out to be good enough to drag them to the finals WITHOUT having to have much talent around him. Luck.
    3. They had a $20 million in Shaq coming off the books, and in 2010-11 had their ONLY decent player (washed up Jamieson) injured and missed most of the season. Luck(ish)
    4. Kyrie. Luck

....sure, the contract status of Shaq was huge, but having that come off the books AND Lebron leaving wasn't part of their rebuilding plan. If, when Bosh left, we'd had TONS of cap room and the worst record in the league for a couple years I'm sure we'd be better off. The fact that Lebron was SO good that they didn't even need an average roster around him in order to reach the playoffs doesn't show good decision making They've handled the assets they were dealt after the fact well.... but to have nearly $40 million come off the books because even an all-time great can't win with the roster you put together is far from good vision. It's honestly a unique situation.
    I disagree with everything being luck and leave it at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Do you completely forget the Carter and Bosh trades?

I wish I could completely forget the Carter trade......can't really argue with getting Jonas Valuncunias for a player that was about to walk anyway though.

vCash
    Nope. the pick they got from the clippers was the fourth overall pick in tristan thompson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanreidchiu View Post
    Nope. the pick they got from the clippers was the fourth overall pick in tristan thompson
    Nope, the pick they got from the Clippers was the #1 overall pick and their pick fell to #4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Nope, the pick they got from the Clippers was the #1 overall pick and their pick fell to #4.
    It still boggles my mind how the Clippers didn't protect the pick AT ALL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I wish I could completely forget the Carter trade......can't really argue with getting Jonas Valuncunias for a player that was about to walk anyway though.
    Correlation? The pick we got back in the Bosh deal was lottery protected until 2014. Receiving it back from Miami is definately a good thing, but it has nothing to do with our ability to draft Jonas.

vCash
    When we are in rebuilding mode he should be getting rid of players and aquiring extra picks. It has the added bonus of making the Raps own picks higher.
    So you want him to tank better. How did that work out for last year's Bobcats? If he tanked like they did, historically "well done" tanking, and still rolled craps when the chance lottery numbers came up, he would be blamed for something else. I get that he doesn't tank well, but there are no guarantees with the method you're advocating either. You used the Cavs as an example. They don't look too great either. It is a ***** of a job trying to lift an expansion team out of the mire.

vCash
    how about derozan & bargs for rudy gay & filler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    haha i love how peoples careers can be reduced to "filler". that **** cracks me up.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-24-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    So you want him to tank better. How did that work out for last year's Bobcats?
    The Bobcats got the #2 overall pick and a player that is probably better then anyone on the Raps roster. They will also likely get a top 3-5 pick this year plus they have two other firsts either this season or next. So I would say its not working out too bad at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    If he tanked like they did, historically "well done" tanking, and still rolled craps when the chance lottery numbers came up, he would be blamed for something else. I get that he doesn't tank well, but there are no guarantees with the method you're advocating either. You used the Cavs as an example. They don't look too great either. It is a ***** of a job trying to lift an expansion team out of the mire.
    People always try to use this as a reason not to tank. "There is no guarantee", no ****ing ****, never said it was. I'll tell you what pretty much is a guarantee though. That trying to trade for middle of the road talent to build around middle round picks is not going to work. I did use the Cavs as an example, mostly for how they have managed to get good picks by tanking, #1 and #4 one year and #4 the next. Don't know if their gm is that good at drafting though so who knows how it will work out. But isn't that where having a gm who is good at drafting comes in handy? Use the skills you have BC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I know i wouldn't like the deal. I question if Gay is worth more than DeMar when you take into account contracts.

vCash
    The Bobcats got the #2 overall pick and a player that is probably better then anyone on the Raps roster. They will also likely get a top 3-5 pick this year plus they have two other firsts either this season or next. So I would say its not working out too bad at the moment.
    yeah Kidd-Gilchrist is awesome. super jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Last edited by C_Mund; 01-24-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: no point

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    haha i love how peoples careers can be reduced to "filler". that **** cracks me up.
    even those fillers will make more in a couple years then i could in a decade. so im not knocking these guys, but a guy like bayless for example would be a filler in this trade wouldnt he ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I know i wouldn't like the deal. I question if Gay is worth more than DeMar when you take into account contracts.
    in a sence you could look at it as trading two bad contracts for one.

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast