Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1083
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Or maybe it's time we stop acting like a small market team and Increase the payroll. Rogers and Bell own us now open shouldn't be a problem but only if its for the right players.
    Then in a few years we'll be *****ing about how they're not living up to their contracts. Luxury tax is going to be mighty expensive under the new CBA too.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,312
    vCash
    1500
    If we can flip Calderon + a pick for granger, I would be the happiest guy in the world. In lieu of George's success at the 3, I think its a possibility.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mediocrity
    Posts
    20,341
    vCash
    1500
    If the Raptors trade Calderon+Davis for a Granger/Gay, I wonder if Bargnani can be sent to the Rockets for someone like Patrick Patterson
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mediocrity
    Posts
    20,341
    vCash
    1500
    Perhaps something like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ag3db3r
    Or even this, I am sure the Rockets would love to get rid of White: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bejyzso

    So the team would be:
    Lowry/Douglas/Lucas
    DeRozan/Ross
    Gay/Fields/Anderson
    Amir/Patterson/White
    Valanciunas/Gray
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,179
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    Perhaps something like this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ag3db3r
    Or even this, I am sure the Rockets would love to get rid of White: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bejyzso

    So the team would be:
    Lowry/Douglas/Lucas
    DeRozan/Ross
    Gay/Fields/Anderson
    Amir/Patterson/White
    Valanciunas/Gray
    yea White is not going to fly with this idea, pun intended.

    Why would Houston do that when they are trying to get Dwight in the offseason? I think they don't care about White and they will just drop him eventually



  6. #726
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    If we can flip Calderon + a pick for granger, I would be the happiest guy in the world. In lieu of George's success at the 3, I think its a possibility.
    I'm a bit wary of Granger because I want to see how his injury has affected him but he is way better than Gay that's for sure.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,248
    vCash
    2633
    Yeah, Royce White is a big no. He will not get on a plane and has said himself that he likely will never play an NBA game.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mediocrity
    Posts
    20,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, Royce White is a big no. He will not get on a plane and has said himself that he likely will never play an NBA game.
    I am just using Bargnani as a salary dump. White does have skills, but his mental issues need to be worked out for his own sake.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,699
    vCash
    1500
    Even BC stated Royce was a top 5 talent in this draft without his condition. I'd still would love to see him play. He did fly in college, just not at the level of the NBA travel schedule. I'd like to see the raptors get him and play him in home games and make a deal with him he travels in the east. West trips we would give him a pass for if he's willing to work hard.

    I may have a problem though with giving the underdog a shot.. I still would like the raps to go after Greg oden and see if Alex M could bring him back healthy.

    Raps need talent and can get creative to gain some... Along with spending MLSEs money.
    Last edited by deaner; 01-09-2013 at 11:07 AM.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Even BC stated Royce was a top 5 talent in this draft without his condition. I'd still would love to see him play. He did fly in college, just not at the level of the NBA travel schedule. I'd like to see the raptors get him and play him in home games and make a deal with him he travels in the east. West trips we would give him a pass for if he's willing to work hard.

    I may have a problem though with giving the underdog a shot.. I still would like the raps to go after Greg oden and see if Alex M could bring him back healthy.

    Raps need talent and can get creative to gain some... Along with spending MLSEs money.
    Waste of money. Houston has been more than accommodating. They've set up counseling sessions, let him take the bus etc All they've asked in return was for White to go see a doctor, instead White went to the media and refused to cooperate any more. I don't see how it'll change in Toronto.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Waste of money. Houston has been more than accommodating. They've set up counseling sessions, let him take the bus etc All they've asked in return was for White to go see a doctor, instead White went to the media and refused to cooperate any more. I don't see how it'll change in Toronto.
    I have a hard time agreeing with you. Royce White is a talented ball player. Pro-rate the games he wants to take off and deduct them from his salary. I have a hard time agreeing that on his rookie contract, and at where he went in the draft... his play would be a waist of money. May I remind you raps are talking presently about rudy gay?

    Also, I'm not so sure Houston has been that accommodating.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    I have a hard time agreeing with you. Royce White is a talented ball player. Pro-rate the games he wants to take off and deduct them from his salary. I have a hard time agreeing that on his rookie contract, and at where he went in the draft... his play would be a waist of money. May I remind you raps are talking presently about rudy gay?

    Also, I'm not so sure Houston has been that accommodating.
    Why not? It's not like it's the first time the NBA has had a player with anxiety or mental health problems. He was a first round pick and prior to draft night, the Rockets knew that they would have to deal with his mental health problems. There's no reason for them not to protect their investment.

    He even went on a few games on a plane but when the Rockets asked him to see a doctor, he went to the media. Now he's just milking it.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,497
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I'm a bit wary of Granger because I want to see how his injury has affected him but he is way better than Gay that's for sure.
    a lot of the indiana pacer fans were saying that granger helps facilitate the offense and it was something they were missing early in the season especially since Hill is not much of a pass first PG

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    a lot of the indiana pacer fans were saying that granger helps facilitate the offense and it was something they were missing early in the season especially since Hill is not much of a pass first PG
    Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I prefer him over Gay despite his age and his smaller contract. However, with Paul George's recent success they do need to get rid of Granger to expedite George's growth.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,250
    vCash
    1500
    Dear lord, I can't believe people want anything to do with White. He is not the answer to improve this team.

Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •