Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hear me out on this...

Raps trade Bargs and Fields to the Lakers/ Calderon and Amir to Memphis
    Lakers trade Pau to the Raps/ Blake and MWP to the Grizz
    Grizz trade Gay to the Raps/ Conley and Bayless to the Lakers

Lakers will get Bargs/Fields/Bayless and Conley - they are younger and can spread the floor with two quick young point guards that Nash can mentor.
    -- Howard/Bargs/Fields/Kobe/Nash(Conley/Bayless)--

Grizz will get Calderon/ Amir/ MWP and Blake - they acquired a pass first PG/ defensive SF and a big that would align to the rumors that recently came out about them eyeing Jose and wanting another big.
    -- Marc Gasol/Randolph/MWP/Allen/Calderon--
    Amir/Speights/Haddadi

Raps will get Pau and Rudy - they can easily trade another big(Amir)as early as now even with Val still injured. Pau will assume that other big role for now. They get their legit 3 and go to guy in Rudy.
    -- Pau(Val still injured)/Ed/Gay/DD/Lowry--

I know that it does not go with Hollinger's team projected win analysis(having the Grizz losing more in wins if they do the trade) but I thought the move would address their need come playoff time. Plus they get a huge 10 million expiring and the 4 year contract of Conley off their books.

I thought its a fair move for the three teams mentioned.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 01-05-2013 at 02:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Hear me out on this...

Raps trade Bargs and Fields to the Lakers/ Calderon and Amir to Memphis
    Lakers trade Pau to the Raps/ Blake and MWP to the Grizz
    Grizz trade Gay to the Raps/ Conley and Bayless to the Lakers

Lakers will get Bargs/Fields/Bayless and Conley - they are younger and can spread the floor with two quick young point guards that Nash can mentor.
    -- Howard/Bargs/Fields/Kobe/Nash(Conley/Bayless)--

Grizz will get Calderon/ Amir/ MWP and Blake - they acquired a pass first PG/ defensive SF and a big that would align to the rumors that recently came out about them eyeing Jose and wanting another big.
    -- Marc Gasol/Randolph/MWP/Allen/Calderon--
    Amir/Speights/Haddadi

Raps will get Pau and Rudy - they can easily trade another big(Amir)as early as now even with Val still injured. Pau will assume that other big role for now. They get their legit 3 and go to guy in Rudy.
    -- Pau(Val still injured)/Ed/Gay/DD/Lowry--

I know that it does not go with Hollinger's team projected win analysis(having the Grizz losing more in wins if they do the trade) but I thought the move would address their need come playoff time. Plus they get a huge 10 million expiring and the 4 year contract of Conley off their books.

I thought its a fair move for the three teams mentioned.
    so we send out Calderon, Barg's, Amir & fields to receive gay and gasol ? if we get a decent back up pg in return as well, I'd do that

vCash
    Doesn't make sense for the lakers. Why have 4 PGs when Kobe wants the ball in his hands so much?

vCash
    ^ the lakers are giving up a lot for two backup point guards. he crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    ^ I think it can be tweak a little bit but the main people on that trade would be Bargs for the Lakers/ Calderon for Memphis and Gay for the Raptors.

vCash
    1. Lakers wanting to spread the floor and go younger.

2. Memphis wanting a pass first PG and another big.

3. Raptors wanting a legit 3.

As I said the trade can be adjusted a little bit but it does address each team's concerns and needs.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 01-05-2013 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    ^ I think it can be tweak a little bit but the main people on that trade would be Bargs for the Lakers/ Calderon for Memphis and Gay for the Raptors.
    never mind. i was misreading it anyways. my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Im surprised a lot of you don't take part in the NBA mock off season, since people love proposing big trades. Y'all should join this year

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I love Amir but the combo of Ed, Amir and Val can't bang with the big boys. They try but we need a big chunky chicken that can bang, and body with guys like KG, Cousins, Dwight types.. If we get that way the skys the limit for us.

We need to get an Okafor type.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I love Amir but the combo of Ed, Amir and Val can't bang with the big boys. They try but we need a big chunky chicken that can bang, and body with guys like KG, Cousins, Dwight types.. If we get that way the skys the limit for us.

Aaron Gray is no Okafor but he is a big chunky chicken who can bang with those guys. I don't understand why on offence we kept passing him the ball on the perimeter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

Ed will get bigger his father was around 270lbs and JV was 257lbs at the start of the season next year JV should be between 265 and 270 . We have the size it is just in the mail and will be coming soon . I think BC needs to either pull a blockbuster trade to get us a lot better or he needs to trade Bargs , Calderon , DD , Kleiza , and maybe Amir all for picks and prospects so we can tank next year for Wiggins . If we stay the same we will be a treadmill team so we need to either go up or go way down , knowing BC he is working hard for that blockbuster trade .

vCash
    Gay's value is probably not very high right now; i dont think there are a lot of teams offering much for a max contract performing the way he is right now. But he does fit a huge need on our team, and I think we could work out the following 3 team deal:

Toronto trades: Andrea Bargnani, Linas Kleiza, and Landry Fields
    Toronto acquires: Rudy Gay and Matt Bonner

Memphis trades: Rudy Gay
    Memphis acquires: Steven Jackson (Expiring), Landry Fields and 1st round pick (from San Antonio)

San Antonio trades: Steven Jackson, Matt Bonner and a first round pick in 2013
    San Antonio acquires: Andrea Bargnani and Linas Kleiza

Memphis sheds a ton of salary, and gets 2 serviceable SF to try to replace the production of Gay. They also get a first rounder (albeit a late one) in this years draft.

I think Andrea would be a good fit in San Antonio. If there's ever a system that he could thrive in, and a coach that could get the most out of him, it's in San Antonio. Also, it's a low risk high reward deal for them, as they're not giving up much in the deal.

For us, we get the athletic SF that we've been waiting years for, and we hope he can return to the way he played the last few seasons.

PG: Lowry/Calderon/Lucas
    SG: Derozan/Ross
    SF: Gay/Anderson/Pietrus
    PF: Davis/Bonner/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Johnson/Gray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Aaron Gray is no Okafor but he is a big chunky chicken who can bang with those guys. I don't understand why on offence we kept passing him the ball on the perimeter.
    Ya that's the problem with him, I thought he was solid, but the guys offense the past couple weeks has just gone to the gutter and he gets in foul troubles rather easily.

Last two games he's been subbed within the first 3 minutes. I hope we don't pick up his option after this year and draft a big body or try signing one cause we really need it.

We do that on offense a lot pass to our bigs often.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderforce View Post
    Ed will get bigger his father was around 270lbs and JV was 257lbs at the start of the season next year JV should be between 265 and 270 . We have the size it is just in the mail and will be coming soon . I think BC needs to either pull a blockbuster trade to get us a lot better or he needs to trade Bargs , Calderon , DD , Kleiza , and maybe Amir all for picks and prospects so we can tank next year for Wiggins . If we stay the same we will be a treadmill team so we need to either go up or go way down , knowing BC he is working hard for that blockbuster trade .
    Ya I agree they'll get bigger but it'll take a year or two within that time we need to try limiting the banging the take. It might wear on them during the course of the year. Also what if they get in foul trouble?? We don't have that backup big body to put in there.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Would a simple trade of Jeff Teague for Lowry make any sense for Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reffahead View Post
    Would a simple trade of Jeff Teague for Lowry make any sense for Toronto.
    never been a fan of teague. he is solid but nothing special

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast