Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    I was thinking probably top 3 protected in 2014 seeing as they are reducing payroll and getting an upgrade in talent and 2 years from now they would have likely improved.

I didnt know they were specifically trying to clear cap. I thought it just worked out that way coincidentally. Regardless we'd probably have to sweeten the deal then to remove some of the protection on the pick
    The worst team in the NBA is not giving up a pick that is only top 3 protected for Bargnani or any player on the Raptors.

You only do that if your Colangelo and somehow think your team is close to the playoffs. Which the Wizards are surely not.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    OT - I just thought about this, what if Glen Grunwald was reporting to a private ownership then, he could have made wonders with this franchise but I guess it applies to any GM in the league.

The Knicks are on a roll and I read how great is GG forming a well balanced team.

GG definitely has the vision, still a fan of the best executive the Raptors franchise had.

Rogers can maybe someday snatch him from the Knicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    The worst team in the NBA is not giving up a pick that is only top 3 protected for Bargnani or any player on the Raptors.

You only do that if your Colangelo and somehow think your team is close to the playoffs. Which the Wizards are surely not.
    Well considering Wall hasn't played a game yet and Nene has missed over half they probably arent the worst team in the NBA, plus this would be in 2014 not next year so there would be another year of improvement, not to mention Bargs improving their offense. Plus we are also taking Okafor back who has a bad contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Well considering Wall hasn't played a game yet and Nene has missed over half they probably arent the worst team in the NBA, plus this would be in 2014 not next year so there would be another year of improvement, not to mention Bargs improving their offense. Plus we are also taking Okafor back who has a bad contract.
    Okafor has one more year left on his contract after this season. I'd rather keep his *** then pay Bargnani an extra year at over 10 million. You'd need the Wizards GM to be OD'd on heroin, crack and speed all at the same time before he throws in a top 3 protected lottery pick.

And who cares if Bargs improves their offense now, they are clearly building for the future. And I'm not even considering the fact Bargnani clearly sucks and his optimal role is probably off the bench.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    I was thinking a Bargnani + Ross swap for like a Jennings + Ersan?

Then releasing Lucas and finding a home for Jose (maybe get a pick and a TPE for his expiring).
    Yeah that seems fair. Maybe then just swap Lucas for Kemba and 10 years of bobcats first round picks, Alan Anderson for Luol Deng and Aaron Gray for 20 year old Michael Jordan. Yeah that seems fair.

vCash
    i am a big fan of the okafor for bargnani swap.. maybe with us throwing them a second round pick and them giving us a first in the 2014 draft..

maybe they do it thinking they will be better in 2013 with a healthy john wall, a high pick from next years draft, etc. and it improves our chances of getting wiggins, gives us a good defender who can help mentor jonas, and gets rid of barfnani.

i would be thrilled if something like this went down

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    i am a big fan of the okafor for bargnani swap.. maybe with us throwing them a second round pick and them giving us a first in the 2014 draft..

maybe they do it thinking they will be better in 2013 with a healthy john wall, a high pick from next years draft, etc. and it improves our chances of getting wiggins, gives us a good defender who can help mentor jonas, and gets rid of barfnani.

i would be thrilled if something like this went down
    Why would they give up a 2014 draft pick? They'll still be a lottery team in 2014.

vCash
    Bargnani and Field for Amar'e and 2 first round picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Bargnani and Field for Amar'e and 2 first round picks.
    don't you think 2 first rounds picks is a little excessive?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    don't you think 2 first rounds picks is a little excessive?
    They are a playoff team so it wouldn't actually amount to anything more than the 24th pick each time.

They have a habit of trading away their picks anyways and they need to get rid of Amar'e's bad contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They are a playoff team so it wouldn't actually amount to anything more than the 24th pick each time.

They have a habit of trading away their picks anyways and they need to get rid of Amar'e's bad contract.
    ya but that second part could probably be said about our motivation in this move as well... and that's a hefty gamble to assume you are a top team two years into the future, especially for a franchise that is just finally turning the corner after years of ineptitude. i sure wouldn't do it if i was new york.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTomSelleck View Post
    Yeah that seems fair. Maybe then just swap Lucas for Kemba and 10 years of bobcats first round picks, Alan Anderson for Luol Deng and Aaron Gray for 20 year old Michael Jordan. Yeah that seems fair.
    Way to be a complete *******...
    BJ has already said he would like to play in a bigger market, it's not like he's staying in Milwaukie anyways, he's going to want a lot of money too and he's not worth it. Again Milwaukie is not going to want to pay him that much money. Scott Skiles is a defensive coach to the extreme and T-Ross is a defensive player. Milwaukie struggles from their wing players and WOAH!! Ross is a wing player.
    Also, just read through your whopping 10 posts and all you do is tell people how stupid they are yet I've never seen you post anything intelligent.
    Last edited by I Rock Shaqs; 12-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    I've slowly become open to a gasol trade. Not for both Jose and Bargs though. Salaries work for Klieza and Bargs... 2 outside shooters that Dantoni can use. Add another positive piece to the lakers like Acy or something. I'd love to see Jose and Gasol together. With Val going down, we will need another post player. I know it's low balling the lakers... But I can see them scrambling to repair if Nash comes back and they still lose. After gasol met with Dantoni to clear the air.. If things stay the same... I could see him asking for a trade... Which devalues his position even more.

vCash
    I've slowly become open to a gasol trade. Not for both Jose and Bargs though. Salaries work for Klieza and Bargs... 2 outside shooters that Dantoni can use. Add another positive piece to the lakers like Acy or something. I'd love to see Jose and Gasol together. With Val going down, we will need another post player. I know it's low balling the lakers... But I can see them scrambling to repair if Nash comes back and they still lose. After gasol met with Dantoni to clear the air.. If things stay the same... I could see him asking for a trade... Which devalues his position even more.
    I force Fields on them personally over Kleiza. The price of us taking on Gasol's contract.

Then I hope that Kleiza and Lowry can be used as trade bait for something else. Mo Williams rental and a pick perhaps from Utah?

I was thinking,
    Kleiza and Lowry for Williams and 1st Round pick protected (aim for top 16 2013, top 10 2014, etc.) Makes it far more likely we get the pick in 2014. I heard they are shopping Williams and looking for a point guard. Lowry is a low cost trial. If they are really bad they keep the pick for a few years. I would be willing to surrender our 2014 2nd round pick in the deal to secure the 1st round pick. We would still have Sacramento's 2nd round pick which I think would be better than ours.

Williams is an expiring contract which is appealing. Makes the Gasol contract easier to handle. Hopefully this would get us a competitive team the rest of the way. No 1st round picks this year but two next year would be ideal I think.

The Lowry trade I would be willing to wait on to see how he can be worked back in. Bargs I prefer goes sooner rather than later. Especially if he can take Fields with him.

vCash
    Humphries isn't eligible to be traded

Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast