Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    yes, but having 3 top 5 picks in Jonas + this year + Next year could have set us up for an OKC type resurgence.

with that said even if the Raps do keep the pick this year, we will still have a chance at trading into the draft next year in hopes to land Wiggins dangling either Jonas or This years pick.
    Yes! and pies will be falling from the sky!

vCash
    I'm really not sure if this is possible to do, or if any team would be willing to do it. Is there a point in a losing season that a GM could assemble trades strictly around draft picks? ie. could you trade bargs and calderon for 2 first round draft picks? or Kleiza for a late first rounder? or do the trades have to have players attached to make the $$ work?

vCash
    Gortat and Beasley for Bargnani and Ross.

C-Gortat, Amir
    PF-Valanciunas, Davis
    SF-Beasley, Kleiza
    SG-Derozan, Anderson
    PG-Lowry, JL3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Gortat and Beasley for Bargnani and Ross.

C-Gortat, Amir
    PF-Valanciunas, Davis
    SF-Beasley, Kleiza
    SG-Derozan, Anderson
    PG-Lowry, JL3
    not a big fan of that trade. really don't want to give up Ross.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Include Calderon and Dudley to the deal. Ross' potential would be something like what Dudley is right now anyways.

vCash
    Include Calderon and Dudley to the deal. Ross' potential would be something like what Dudley is right now anyways.
    that makes it less appealing to me!

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Ehh. Surprised someone like Ross is holding up the deal when the proposal gets a top 10 center AND a player that career would be similar to that of Ross.

vCash
    Ehh. Surprised someone like Ross is holding up the deal when the proposal gets a top 10 center AND a player that career would be similar to that of Ross.
    i haven't seen enough of Ross to be confident in that evaluation.

vCash
    I suppose. Coming into the NBA, that was his likely potential IMO. For the most play, I assumed it wouldn't improve by that much.

vCash
    I suppose. Coming into the NBA, that was his likely potential IMO. For the most play, I assumed it wouldn't improve by that much.
    and for some reason i'm just not that big of a fan of Gortat

no idea why

vCash
    I would've thought you would be a fan. He's the opposite of Bargnani. Valancuinas' could possibly end up like Gortat if he doesn't get to reach superstar level.

vCash
    I would've thought you would be a fan. He's the opposite of Bargnani. Valancuinas' could possibly end up like Gortat if he doesn't get to reach superstar level.
    i don't like his skull. reminds me of skeletor.

vCash
    I never understand why people for one always want to trade bums from the raptors and think they will get proven players in return, but then when a trade with the raptors trading a young unproven player for an already proven player pops up, you guys all just say well player A might turn into an all star or a solid player in the future! Same people who complain about losing all the time, yet they still want to stick with unproven players every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    I never understand why people for one always want to trade bums from the raptors and think they will get proven players in return, but then when a trade with the raptors trading a young unproven player for an already proven player pops up, you guys all just say well player A might turn into an all star or a solid player in the future! Same people who complain about losing all the time, yet they still want to stick with unproven players every year.
    fair enough - if you can convince Phoenix to keep Beasley in that trade i'll take it. i'm trying to get rid of one knucklehead in Bargnani why would i want to take another back in Beasley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    fair enough - if you can convince Phoenix to keep Beasley in that trade i'll take it. i'm trying to get rid of one knucklehead in Bargnani why would i want to take another back in Beasley.
    I wasn't really directing anything towards you lol, just read some posts earlier on in the thread. Yeah I agree though Beasley and Bargnani are both no nos but if I had to pick one it would be Beasley.

Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast