Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chad Ford: Colangelo was torn between Bargnani and Gay on draft night

unite them, meaning Bargs is staying....

if indeed the rumours are true of GAY for Ed Davis + Jose C somewhere why in the world would the raps do this. BC save his job? Davis has been a revelation and will never demand the 17 mill that GAY makes.
    Chad Ford
    (1:05 PM)

1. I think the "rumors" are more than rumors at this point. The two sides have been talking and have basically a rough framework for a deal dependent on them finding another team to take on Calderon. 2. The Raptors have been stuck in neutral for a while, they aren't landing a better play than Gay in free agency and while you're right Davis has been good, the Grizzlies aren't just giving Gay away for free. Grizzlies fans will argue that Memphis isn't getting enough. 3. Finally Bryan Colangelo has loved Gay since his college days. He was seriously torn between Gay and Bargnani on draft night. I think he feels like if he unites them, the Raptors instantly get better.
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 01-30-2013 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    that's logical.

didn't i tell you this guy had no idea on how to build a team?

of course Chad Ford could be totally pulling that out of his ***, there is always that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    that's logical.

didn't i tell you this guy had no idea on how to build a team?

of course Chad Ford could be totally pulling that out of his ***, there is always that.
    Thats almost certainly what hes doing here imo

Just making up random crap to fit in with rumours

vCash
    I thought he was torn between Aldridge and Bargs. I know he considered Gay and maybe Morrison (that might have been a smokescreen) but I thought it was between the big men.

vCash
    I remember during the off-season there were several people suggesting a Jose, Davis/Amir and Ross for Gay and most were all over that now people don't want to do a Gay for Jose/Davis deal, I'm one of them but it show's how easily fan sway there opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I remember during the off-season there were several people suggesting a Jose, Davis/Amir and Ross for Gay and most were all over that now people don't want to do a Gay for Jose/Davis deal, I'm one of them but it show's how easily fan sway there opinion.
    One of the things that has changed is that DeMar has improved his game and Gay seems to have hit his peak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    One of the things that has changed is that DeMar has improved his game and Gay seems to have hit his peak.
    i hope not. I really hope he is just transitioning or in neutral right now. stuck in a gear.

Gay has all the attributes to take himself to the next level: length, shooting ability, athleticism, clutch, great handles for a SF. entering his prime. everything is there for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    i hope not. I really hope he is just transitioning or in neutral right now. stuck in a gear.

Gay has all the attributes to take himself to the next level: length, shooting ability, athleticism, clutch, great handles for a SF. entering his prime. everything is there for him.
    He almost looks younger than his actual age. Maybe he's blessed with good genetics, might be able to spend an extended number of years in his prime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Yeah maybe or maybe people are to eager to say he peaked after a below average half season. According to many (not me) Demar hasn't improved at all.

vCash
    Still very on the fence with all of this... I think Gay does help our team its not hard to deny but how much is very debatable... I don't like losing Davis but just how much more does he help us and how much will we have to pay him after this rookie deal is up...

In the end I support the deal because I think Gay, is better now than DeMar will be in the future... I support DeMar fully but he can't dribble and once teams force on him he disappears (15 PPG in January).... I also think that there's a great chance JVal will be able to show a lot of the skills that Davis shows now in the near future...

If this trade does happen I think it won't be long before Bargs and DeMar will need to find a new hom, as well

vCash
    Wow, because BC liked both Bargnani and Gay it makes sense that they'll be good together?? That is the most twisted logic I've ever heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Wow, because BC liked both Bargnani and Gay it makes sense that they'll be good together?? That is the most twisted logic I've ever heard.
    i think he was just joking about that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Anyone think Lowry will start playing nasty with full time pg duties?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    BC is just trying to get everyone from the 2006 **** draft. His next move will be to get Tyrus Thomas on board to fill in the space left by the departure of Ed Davis, followed by the signing of Brandon Roy, and then a trade for Aldrige. With that amount of PF's I think we will finally be in a good position to potentially compete in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Sports are a very "what have you done for me lately?" kind of industry.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast