Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where Will Hamilton Sign?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Sox

17 9.55%
  • Rangers

40 22.47%
  • Yankees

29 16.29%
  • Mariners

37 20.79%
  • Orioles

10 5.62%
  • Other (specify)

45 25.28%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The M's really should not sign him.

vCash
    ^ yea they should

vCash
    Yeah, I don't see them competing during the 4 years he is there. He himself isn't gonna push them over the top in a division with Oakland, Anaheim, and Texas. They could use that money to get multiple bats cause they need offense EVERYWHERE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    ^ yea they should
    And do what?

Win 80 games?

Hamilton for one, has gigantic holes in his swing, mainly outside fastballs, and he is very impatient with them. This was exposed this year, and if he doesn't take an adjustment, he is going to decline even more sharpely (and hit like he did in the second half), regardless of his injuries, off-field past issues, and anything else.

Oh, and the ball park, which will suppress his value, since his extra base hits are home runs, not doubles. And because he can't really play center field any longer. It does not bode well for him to play in Seattle full time.

He is the perfect recipe of a player the M's should stay away from, not go after.

And I didn't even preach on about how bad the M's are, and how Hamilton doesn't make them good enough for it to matter.

Save your money M's. Develop your young arms around Felix, and when the team is competitive, then spend your money on a slugger or two.

It's funny, when you look at the 2013 projected lineup of the M's, with Hamilton in it. It doesn't scare you at all. They need to save this money, and spread it around on several players, or save it for development when the team is going to be decent. They aren't going to win in 2013, even with Hamilton. They need several players, and Hamilton shouldn't go somewhere where his decline will be so easily noticeable.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 12-08-2012 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    Depending on the price, I would really love Hamilton in Milwaukee. I know the Brewers offense is really good, but I would rather see them spend money on Hamilton than overpay for a guy like Dempster, or Sanchez.

The FA pitching market is so overpaid this year.

A lineup of:

1. Aoki CF
    2. Weeks 2B
    3. Braun LF
    4. Hamilton RF
    5. Ramirez 3B
    6. Hart 1B
    7. Lucroy C
    8. Segura SS

Would easily be one of the Top 3 offenses in baseball. Let the young pitchers continue to develop, and go out and fix the bullpen, and I think this is a team that could win 85-90 games and be a threat in the NL Central.

But like I said, it all depends on the price. I wouldn't go more than 3/60-65 or 4/80 on Hamilton which probably wouldn't get the deal done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    Depending on the price, I would really love Hamilton in Milwaukee. I know the Brewers offense is really good, but I would rather see them spend money on Hamilton than overpay for a guy like Dempster, or Sanchez.

The FA pitching market is so overpaid this year.

A lineup of:

1. Aoki CF
    2. Weeks 2B
    3. Braun LF
    4. Hamilton RF
    5. Ramirez 3B
    6. Hart 1B
    7. Lucroy C
    8. Segura SS

Would easily be one of the Top 3 offenses in baseball. Let the young pitchers continue to develop, and go out and fix the bullpen, and I think this is a team that could win 85-90 games and be a threat in the NL Central.
    I don't know that that lineup is necessarily any better than the Cardinals or Reds though. But Hamilton would probably do well in Milwaukee. And since pitching is so far out of their reach at this point...it makes some sense.

vCash
    True, I guess it depends if Weeks returns back to his 2010/2011 form, or how he did last season.

But you have pretty much 5 players who can hit 25+ HR's in a season, and then Aoki who can get on base, Lucroy who hit over .300 last year etc.

I highly doubt Milwaukee goes after him though since they want the payroll to be around 80 M last year which gives them about 10-12 M to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    True, I guess it depends if Weeks returns back to his 2010/2011 form, or how he did last season.

But you have pretty much 5 players who can hit 25+ HR's in a season, and then Aoki who can get on base, Lucroy who hit over .300 last year etc.

I highly doubt Milwaukee goes after him though since they want the payroll to be around 80 M last year which gives them about 10-12 M to spend.
    And if they were going to spend 17+ million per year on a player, I assume they would rather land a starter at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    You must not be familiar with Jack Zduriencik. He has never made a desperation move and is adamant against them.

I think Seattle will sign him. Unless if goes past five years. I see them dropping out at five.
    He usually doesn't, but I get the feeling that if he doesn't make some type of bold signing to improve the offense, he could be out of a job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    And do what?

Win 80 games?

Hamilton for one, has gigantic holes in his swing, mainly outside fastballs, and he is very impatient with them. This was exposed this year, and if he doesn't take an adjustment, he is going to decline even more sharpely (and hit like he did in the second half), regardless of his injuries, off-field past issues, and anything else.

Oh, and the ball park, which will suppress his value, since his extra base hits are home runs, not doubles. And because he can't really play center field any longer. It does not bode well for him to play in Seattle full time.

He is the perfect recipe of a player the M's should stay away from, not go after.

And I didn't even preach on about how bad the M's are, and how Hamilton doesn't make them good enough for it to matter.

Save your money M's. Develop your young arms around Felix, and when the team is competitive, then spend your money on a slugger or two.

It's funny, when you look at the 2013 projected lineup of the M's, with Hamilton in it. It doesn't scare you at all. They need to save this money, and spread it around on several players, or save it for development when the team is going to be decent. They aren't going to win in 2013, even with Hamilton. They need several players, and Hamilton shouldn't go somewhere where his decline will be so easily noticeable.
    So we should just sit around and suck? Yeah, that makes sense when we were last in attendance. Don't try to improve just because the division is good.

And the 80 win projection is a little of base. Won 75 last year, so to assume 80 is to assume no one on the team improve whatsoever.

I think if we get Hamilton and trade for a bat, we have a shot at contention. We have one of the top MiL systems in the league too.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    You guys need a lot more than Hamilton if you wanna pass the Angels, Rangers, or A's. You'll probably be 4th regardless of what you do this off-season ahead of the Astros.

Hamilton is a good player, but he's a huge risk, and a risk that the Mariners SHOULDN'T take. Save the money for next off-season when the FA class should be a lot bigger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    So we should just sit around and suck? Yeah, that makes sense when we were last in attendance. Don't try to improve just because the division is good.

And the 80 win projection is a little of base. Won 75 last year, so to assume 80 is to assume no one on the team improve whatsoever.

I think if we get Hamilton and trade for a bat, we have a shot at contention. We have one of the top MiL systems in the league too.
    Well, you would like to see consistency first in your system. There are many players who have good seasons and regress the next (aka Sophomore slumps). You can not just assume they will be "better" from one season to the next until they establish themselves as solid players. I'm not familiar with the M's lineup besides Montero/Smoak. But those 2 players have to prove they can hit first before you go buying a player like Hamilton.

vCash
    They have Dustin Ackley as well, although he struggled quite a bit last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    So we should just sit around and suck?
    Someone has to be the doormat.

vCash
    Well maybe you should not act as though you know the team if you don't know the team.

No one is saying Hamilton is all we need. There have been a lot of trade rumors too. If we bring in Hamilton and someone like Morse, Butler or Myers, that's 4-5 wins from Hamilton and probably around 3 from whoever we trade for.

Plus improvements from the current guys. Say 1.5 from Montero, 1 from Ackley, and .5 or so from others. Add that to 75 from last year and what do you know, that's over 85 wins.

Then in a couple years the pitchers will be up, and that's even better.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast