Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where Will Hamilton Sign?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Sox

17 9.55%
  • Rangers

40 22.47%
  • Yankees

29 16.29%
  • Mariners

37 20.79%
  • Orioles

10 5.62%
  • Other (specify)

45 25.28%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    why not? Who is to say what i can and can't like? jeffy like the cardinals and the rays for some reason, and i am not going to tell him to stop or call him on it.
    I believe the impression is that they are both rivals of one another.

A little easier to like two teams in different leagues that very very rarely play one another (interleague only, and on odd seasons where East plays Central, but that should change now).

But I would never care who roots for who of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    You heard it here... in a shocking move, the ANGELS will sign Hamilton out of nowhere.

They will then trade Bourjos, catching prospect Hank Conger to an unspecified team in exchange for pitching prospects.
    Could happen, you never know. Rangers fans thought with Cliff Lee it was only down to us or the Yanks, then PHI swooped in at the last second and snatched him up. Up until then, no one had PHI on the radar. There weren't any rumors in the media about PHI being interested in Lee. Moral of the story: Rangers fans shouldn't get too cocky about our chances with Hammy even if the local media says things are looking positive in that regard. Until it happens, don't believe it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    Could happen, you never know. Rangers fans thought with Cliff Lee it was only down to us or the Yanks, then PHI swooped in at the last second and snatched him up. Up until then, no one had PHI on the radar. There weren't any rumors in the media about PHI being interested in Lee. Moral of the story: Rangers fans shouldn't get too cocky about our chances with Hammy even if the local media says things are looking positive in that regard. Until it happens, don't believe it.
    It won't happen and yes I do know.

vCash
    You heard it here... in a shocking move, the ANGELS will sign Hamilton out of nowhere.

They will then trade Bourjos, catching prospect Hank Conger to an unspecified team in exchange for pitching prospects.
    I find that hard to believe. They just splurged last offseason with the signings of Pujols and Wilson. Then let go of Haren, partly I'm sure due to his back. I also don't believe they didn't make a strong push to get Greinke, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Their main need is pitching and I think they're probably more prone to spend money into the rotation than their offense.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash

While that is hard to believe, they might have the payroll room to do it.

Their outfield is a little busy though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I find that hard to believe. They just splurged last offseason with the signings of Pujols and Wilson. Then let go of Haren, partly I'm sure due to his back. I also don't believe they didn't make a strong push to get Greinke, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Their main need is pitching and I think they're probably more prone to spend money into the rotation than their offense.
    Don't forget that they're gonna want to lock up Trout sooner than later. They might want to be a tad bit fiscally conservative because Trout's contract is going to be huge if/when he hits FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    It won't happen and yes I do know.
    Think it's still smart that instead of making Hammy an overwhelming offer from the start we're waiting to see what other teams offer first. Remember Hicks jumped in and made that huge offer to A-Rod right off the bat, and then we found out no other team was offering even close to what we were. We could have landed him for a lot less money than we offered him. Basically we ended up bidding against ourselves and looking stupid.

It doesn't take an overwhelming offer to land someone, just the best one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Seeing as how they deleted that article I don't think it holds much weight
    Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash

Josh Hamilton to the Phillies???

Most of you have probably seen and heard various articles/rumors about the Phillies potential 3year-$80mil offer to Josh Hamilton... Do you think that it's going to happen and whether it would be a good signing for the Phillies?

Also.. Sorry if there's already a similar thread

vCash
    would definitely make philidephia forget about their eagles......
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I'm happy if he goes anywhere except Milwaukee.

vCash
    I hope he goes to Milwaukee.

vCash
    There's a Hamilton thread already mang.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The Blue Jays have had Roy Halladay, Carlos Delgado, Roger Clemens and now Joey Bautista, all Superstar - Hall of Fame type caliber players on their team.

Because of the constant losing or just mediocre seasons, the Jays could never really draw a big crowd.

Winning is all that counts and Josh Hamilton doesn't provide enough for the Mariners to truly contend.
    Do you know that for a fact? We won 75 last year. Hamilton adds 5. We should get at least 7-8 more from improving young players. Thats 88. Then add the specs that will be in a year or two, and thats 90.

Not saying its likely, but its possible.

And as I said before, I am getting **** for saying things close to what you guys are. Thats the mindset of the fanbase. They are Hamilton or bust, whatever it takes. I am somewhere in the middle.

I would invite you guys to come to the Ms forum and discuss it with the others who dont want to listen to anything I say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Do you know that for a fact? We won 75 last year. Hamilton adds 5. We should get at least 7-8 more from improving young players. Thats 88. Then add the specs that will be in a year or two, and thats 90.
    Honestly, the thing that came to mind when I read that was "This would be the Dayton Moore blueprint if he ran the Mariners". It's pretty sketchy.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast