Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Trade Flores in a package for someone who actually has a position.
    Premature.

    The exception of course is we get blown away with an offer.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,979
    vCash
    1500

    Are we overvaluing our players?

    Fans usually alway over values some of their players, but specially their prospects.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Premature.

    The exception of course is we get blown away with an offer.
    It's not premature to say he doesn't have a position.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's not premature to say he doesn't have a position.
    He has a position. The Mets just don't have an opening there.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    The Mets overvalue all their players. Does anybody still remember Lastings Milledge? They acted like he was going to be the next Strawberry and instead he turned into the next Tito Landrum.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    The Mets overvalue all their players. Does anybody still remember Lastings Milledge? They acted like he was going to be the next Strawberry and instead he turned into the next Tito Landrum.
    What about Flop-Mart?

    People were talking that LM, Gomez and Floppy would be our future OF, only one has become a viable starter, and that was after years of development in Minny.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    The Mets overvalue all their players. Does anybody still remember Lastings Milledge? They acted like he was going to be the next Strawberry and instead he turned into the next Tito Landrum.
    I thought he was the next SnoopHound or whatever that guy's name is.

    Maybe he can do a duet with 'SpinMan.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's not premature to say he doesn't have a position.
    True. But it's premature to say he'll never have a position. Who's to say (other than Clayamtion) that he can't become a decent corner outfielder with a booming bat?

    I'm not shopping around Flores, and I'm certainly not exploiting his weakness (no defined position) unless someone make me a great offer for him.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,898
    vCash
    1500
    Acer got it. Flores can play third base and maybe first base, without having his defense take away from his offense. David Wright is now a Met for life. And Ike looked great in the second half. Now is the time to sell high on Flores, and I love Flores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Acer got it. Flores can play third base and really only third base, without having his defense take away from his offense. David Wright is now a Met for life. Now is the time to sell high on Flores, and I love Flores.
    Exactly, he does not have a position here, his value now is possibly as high as it will ever be. Sell high.

    We held onto Milledge and got shite back in the end.

    We held onto floppy and got absolutely nothing back.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Acer got it. Flores can play third base and maybe first base, without having his defense take away from his offense. David Wright is now a Met for life. And Ike looked great in the second half. Now is the time to sell high on Flores, and I love Flores.
    Sell high? How can we sell high on someone who has little value? He hasn't played above AA and the entire world knows he's a third baseman in an organization that already has a third baseman for the next decade.

    And he hasn't even played all that many games at third base.

    If we trade Flores now, we'll be selling low.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Sell high? How can we sell high on someone who has little value? He hasn't played above AA and the entire world knows he's a third baseman in an organization that already has a third baseman for the next decade.

    And he hasn't even played all that many games at third base.

    If we trade Flores now, we'll be selling low.
    The jump from A+ to AA is more difficult for a player than from AA to AAA. Flores really mashed in AA. Scouts have said that if he's going to be an infielder he'll be an adequate third baseman. Now, imagine next year Flores gets to AAA and gets hurt or for whatever reason stops hitting. His value would be lower then wouldn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    The jump from A+ to AA is more difficult for a player than from AA to AAA. Flores really mashed in AA. Scouts have said that if he's going to be an infielder he'll be an adequate third baseman. Now, imagine next year Flores gets to AAA and gets hurt or for whatever reason stops hitting. His value would be lower then wouldn't it?
    True, but his value won't be high as long as teams know the Mets have no room for him. That's called dealing from weakness, not strength.

    A better strategy would be to see if he can establish himself as an outfielder. Then teams would know they'd have to work hard to pry him from the Mets.

    The Catch-22 of course is if that should happen, you wouldn't want to trade him.

    That you do sort of illustrates my point.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    True, but his value won't be high as long as teams know the Mets have no room for him. That's called dealing from weakness, not strength.

    A better strategy would be to see if he can establish himself as an outfielder. Then teams would know they'd have to work hard to pry him from the Mets.

    The Catch-22 of course is if that should happen, you wouldn't want to trade him.

    That you do sort of illustrates my point.
    Sure it would definitely help for him to play more games at third base. Although I would counter by offering Mike Olt as an example. Olt is being offered for top tier pitching help. Olt is blocked by Adrian Beltre. It seems that his value is still high. Or high enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,898
    vCash
    1500
    Although yes, Olt is a much better prospect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •