Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    All this talk of age is absolutely moot.

Hamilton can be had and rid of by his mid 30's=far better than paying for more of the same out of Cano.

Regardless of Cano's prestige at the position, he has not been the catalyst for multiple championships ala a Derek Jeter, in fact he's probably been responsible for the loss of a couple. In essence everyone who keeps trying to argue that you have to bow low in fealty to the contractual demands of Robinson Cano makes me laugh when they are in fact arguing for paying a lot more to add absolutely nothing.

I am not an enormous fan of Hamilton but to be honest its time to go in a different direction.

If they can keep the years down then I would say take the gambler's chance that his drug use expected bodily attrition is mollified by his physique and that time might still be on his side.

Signing Cano for 8 years is a comedy show, plain and simple.

vCash
    your a fool if you can get hamilton for 3 or 4 years and you DON'T

vCash
    How about Cano to KC for Myers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Its not a question of Hamilton is better than Cano. I take Cano anyday over Hamilton. Its the lenght of the contract you have to sign him for. He is asking 8 yrs. so his conract will end when he is 40. Hamilton can be had for 4 yrs. I take the risk for 4 rather than 8 if the production is about equal. Plus, the Yanks need an outfielder and they have David Adams ready to step in for 2nd base. Its all about numbers and lenght of the contract. Enough long term contract stuff unless you do it early (like when they are 26-28).
    Of course.

But, josh can carry a team to October. Cano cannot.

Josh for five years is better than cano for 7. Heck. Josh vs Cano for five each and I still take josh.

vCash
    You guys are crazy, outfielders are plentiful, but to finda second baseman who hits like that!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Of course.

Josh for five years is better than cano for 7. Heck. Josh vs Cano for five each and I still take josh.
    Are you sure Josh can do that?

Cano was on fire last year leading up too the playoff's. Then died, but he helped get them there.

Josh? Non-existent.

vCash
    Of course.

Hamilton has health issues. Cano doesn't. Hamilton has only two seasons with more than 134 games played. Cano doesn't.

Cano is better long term and provides way more offensive benefit than Josh. Plus you got that whole defensive side where Cano excels.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Josh is reportedly bringing all offers he get's back to texas front office, seeing if they will match it, clearly he isn't getting anything huge and want's to stay in texas

Please don't sign this guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Are you sure Josh can do that?

Cano was on fire last year leading up too the playoff's. Then died, but he helped get them there.

Josh? Non-existent.
    Not sure about anything but, josh on fire has alot more power than Cano. IMO.

I think when cano loses a half step, he doesn't have the work ethic to get that back and make up for it. And I love cano but I think it's time we stock our staff. We don't need him. And he is our best trade piece. Imagine him in the national league, wow. Dodgers or nationals.

vCash
    Not sure about anything but, josh on fire has alot more power than Cano. IMO.

I think when cano loses a half step, he doesn't have the work ethic to get that back and make up for it. And I love cano but I think it's time we stock our staff. We don't need him. And he is our best trade piece. Imagine him in the national league, wow. Dodgers or nationals.
    Cano's worth ethic, as far as his time he spends in the batting cages..is outstanding.

However..he doesn't run hard. That's my beef with him. But I'd still take cano over josh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Cano's worth ethic, as far as his time he spends in the batting cages..is outstanding.

However..he doesn't run hard. That's my beef with him. But I'd still take cano over josh.
    Has it occured to anybody that no matter how much he tries to run hard he can't. Some people just don't have that ability. I wonder if that is the case with him. He seems to have a hard time starting after he hits the ball, and to us it looks like he isn't trying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackals View Post
    your a fool if you can get hamilton for 3 or 4 years and you DON'T
    Perfectly stated. End of story.

vCash
    Cool.

Yes that bugs me too about cano. IMO we have seen the best of bob players. I think Robbie will break down soon. Last year told me alot. He is wearing down. Josh's injuries were not from wear down. They were from freak plays. The cold streak cano went thru last playoffs was scary. Very scary. I tho k josh was hurting late last year too.

I think I am just ready for a change. A change of faces and attitudes. Lets have some new blood and josh is hungry. So close but never made it. I like him alot and hope he stays clean. Such a perfect story for the yanks. Huge PR move and money maker. Hamilton already the #1 shirt sold in MLB. Robbie will want 8 years. We simply cannot give it to him. No way. He will break down so badly. The next 4-5 years is our window while CC is a stud.

Josh can replace an Arod in any lineup.

vCash
    Texas don't want him they want Justin Upton. If I was Hamilton I would sign with a different team. They just don't want to loose out on him if they can't get Justin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Has it occured to anybody that no matter how much he tries to run hard he can't. Some people just don't have that ability. I wonder if that is the case with him. He seems to have a hard time starting after he hits the ball, and to us it looks like he isn't trying.
    I don't know how you can really defend it. He chooses not to run hard to first base. To say that he can't run hard is just flat out wrong.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast