Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeemule4life View Post
    That's impopssible to quantify; we have no way of knowing which player would be best at age 36. Whose to say Cano won't be able to hit HR's at that age? Or hit for avg? Same goes with Hamilton.
    Hamilton has insane power off his bat. Cano, I can see, gaining weight and rolling on ground balls to second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tex isnt going anywhere. live with it
    I hate Tex.
    What pisses me off is that he gets no Criticism even though he makes 23M a year. He gets away with batting .240. We didnt give him that contract to bat .240, we thought we were signing the our #3 hitter for years to come. If he was playing the way he was supposed to, we wont be talking about Hamilton right now, we'd easily get under the 189 mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    canos numbers in the playoffs outside the WS run arent that good either, yet you want to offer hm a contract double the length of hamiltons
    What are you talking about?

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    The goal is to not make the same mistakes. Signing guys in their 30's to long term deals.
    Well then they are going to miss out on a lot of players because they aren't taking 3-4 yr deals. Despite Hal's desire the Yankees aren't going to be the Rays.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Well then they are going to miss out on a lot of players because they aren't taking 3-4 yr deals. Despite Hal's desire the Yankees aren't going to be the Rays.
    So let them pass on deals where guys are already in their 30's and looking for massive long term contracts.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    These guys WON us a chip already. They've already paid for themselves. See, this is what I mean by being spoiled. Ask any GM if he would trade the cash the Yanks spent on those guys for a guaranteed chip and I bet he says YES,...all day long. But that's not good enough for Yankee fans. We think we deserve multiple championships for getting those guys...

All this talk of money when the Yanks built a 1.5 BILLION dollar stadium and charges me outrageous prices for right field seats...give me a break.
    Lol it's funny when you think about it the biggest franchise in sports is in a number crunch. I'm not saying they should spend just to spend but c'mon folks this is a ll about lining their pockets. They even cut back going over slot in the draft and that was before the new rules kicked in.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    This Blog is full of GM's...

When the Yanks spend, they win... We didn't get here by worrying about 8 yrs from now. Last I checked, we spent on CC, Tex, and AJ in one off-season, and guess what? We won another chip.

MONEY TALKS BABY..
    Except that those signings were an increase over what we had fielded the year before.

What you are in essence arguing is to overpay the same kind of money for more of the same with no increase.

Unless, of course, you feel Cano is going to bring another 30+ HR's over his current seasonal pace ala Teixeira when they "overpayed" for that signing.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    So let them pass on deals where guys are already in their 30's and looking for massive long term contracts.
    Well then you better hope they start developing studs in the minors over the next 1-2 yrs.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Uuuhh, that would be most of the good players in the league. Guys in their early 30's are just reaching their prime...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Well then you better hope they start developing studs in the minors over the next 1-2 yrs.
    I hope you realize that most of the big FA become FA in their 20's not 30's.

Masahiro Tanaka

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Hamilton has insane power off his bat. Cano, I can see, gaining weight and rolling on ground balls to second.
    But the only stated "fact" here is that hamilton has insane power off the bat, that's it. You can SEE someone declining, or SEE that someone is going to gain weight, but that's not factual. There's no way to accurately predict which will be the better player at age 36; you can make an assumption with trends, but not based on whether someone may or may not gain weight...

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    It seems clear that we have two sides in this forum when it comes to the Yankees:

1. Spend but do so in a smarter way. Try and develop more talent from within and make smart moves in the FA market. After all the Yanks will always be one of the top spenders but do not need to go overboard.

2. Spend whatever it takes to sign a player and think about now rather than later. If Cano wants $200 million just give it to him. If the payroll hits $250 million then so be it.

Masahiro Tanaka

vCash
    I hope you realize that most of the big FA become FA in their 20's not 30's.
    Cano 31 next yr
    Albert was already in his 30s
    Hamilton 31
    Guys like Tex, Manny, and Holliday hit the market at 29 and then turned 30 later that yr.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeemule4life View Post
    But the only stated "fact" here is that hamilton has insane power off the bat, that's it. You can SEE someone declining, or SEE that someone is going to gain weight, but that's not factual. There's no way to accurately predict which will be the better player at age 36; you can make an assumption with trends, but not based on whether someone may or may not gain weight...
    That's it ? Hamilton can hit for average. Also, Hamilton has a fit physique. Cano is a little big around his legs.

vCash
    Doesn't it seem odd that with the A-Rod scourn, talks and questions about extending Cano 8 + years, that the opportunity to sign an MVP type player in his prime for 3 years is available and the Yanks aren't jumping at it.

Sign him for 3 yeas at 30 million - who cares - its 3 years. The Tex and A-Rod contracts are killing long-term development because of their duration. If Tex or A-Rod would have been 3 year contracts they would be off the books now and everyone would say they were good signings. Its the thought that we have them well past their prime that is troublesome. You won't have that with Hamilton. Grandrson, Mo, Pet, Kuroda will equal over 45 millions next year. If you have faith in young guys coming up next year signing Hamilton is very do-able

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast