Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We're better off dealing Cano to the Dodgers for Billingsley, Puig(OF) and Gordon(2B/SS). Yeah they just dropped money on Greinke, but Billingsley is due 11mil. so thats only a 4 mil. Dollar difference between Cano and Billingsley And the Dodgers have Kershaw,Greinke,Beckett,Lilly 1-4 and with Crawford,Ramirez,Kemp,A.Gon. And Eithier they wouldn't be able to say no. Then dealing Granderson to Texas for Olt(3B),Martin(OF) and Perez(LHP) as Seattle' best prospects are pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    I agree. Youth is the way to go at this point. I just don't see us as a real contender unless we re-tool and get younger. Too many up and coming teams. Since we can't spend money, we need to be sellers and re-emerge as spenders in 2-3 years.

Our furture SS and 3B is a nice start. Don't know much about the other guys.

Now that Grienke is off the board, Texas will be interested in an ace to pair with Darvish. How about Sabbathia for the above (assuming no-trade clauses can be worked out)?

Then we have an option to either resign Cano or see if we can piece together a three team deal for Stanton.

Either way, Granderson can also be sold for some young positional talent to add to our farm. How about Seattle? They have a strong farm and are looking for some power.

lol's

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com hears that the Yankees are "not involved" with Josh Hamilton at this point and would consider him "only if he fell into their lap."

We all knew the Yankees weren't going to sign Hamilton to multipul years. But, still, Ninja-Cashman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    We're better off dealing Cano to the Dodgers for Billingsley, Puig(OF) and Gordon(2B/SS). Yeah they just dropped money on Greinke, but Billingsley is due 11mil. so thats only a 4 mil. Dollar difference between Cano and Billingsley And the Dodgers have Kershaw,Greinke,Beckett,Lilly 1-4 and with Crawford,Ramirez,Kemp,A.Gon. And Eithier they wouldn't be able to say no. Then dealing Granderson to Texas for Olt(3B),Martin(OF) and Perez(LHP) as Seattle' best prospects are pitchers.
    Yeah, because Texas would hang up the phone if the Yankees asked for that in return for Granderson. Get out of MLB The Show mode.

vCash

Smile

Since Grienke signed with LA, I'm thinking that Texas is more likely to trade Olt to the Mets for Dickey than to the Yankees for Granderson, if at all.

vCash
    Wow...overvaluing grandy. Since Texas need pitching, i can see a package of Grandy and Hughes for Olt and Martin. And the only reason i would get rid of Hughes s because he is a FA after 2013.

And thats a terrible package for Cano. Why would you want Billingsley? I would ask for Etheir and Puig or Gordon.

vCash
    Why is everyone so quick to want to trade Granderson? We have holes as it is right now that have yet to be filled. Why trade away another 40 homeruns? I get the point being that its his last year and he more than likely is not coming back next year but is everyone just throwing this year away?

vCash
    People think that NY isn't a good place for Hamilton because of his issues but I think it's the exact opposite. In NY, he'll have a ton of other things to do other than party whereas if you put him in the sticks, whatelse can he do besides get crazy??

I don't think he's behaving because of a lack of options. If you want trouble, you can find it anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Why is everyone so quick to want to trade Granderson? We have holes as it is right now that have yet to be filled. Why trade away another 40 homeruns? I get the point being that its his last year and he more than likely is not coming back next year but is everyone just throwing this year away?
    What's the point of keeping him for a year, and losing him?

Might as well get something back for him, then just let him walk away. Every other team in the league does this, why not us?

Already have a ton of holes, might as well start looking a few years ahead, start filling them without having to spend a fortune on overpriced FA's that aren't worth it. That's what got this team into this mess in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    People think that NY isn't a good place for Hamilton because of his issues but I think it's the exact opposite. In NY, he'll have a ton of other things to do other than party whereas if you put him in the sticks, whatelse can he do besides get crazy??

I don't think he's behaving because of a lack of options. If you want trouble, you can find it anywhere.
    Don't disagree with this. Besides plenty of stuff to do, there are tons of places he can go to get support if necessary. No matter how much you help him, or babysit him, he has to want to do the right thing. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of it, what would make us think he couldn't still?

vCash
    Wasn't there an incident just this past year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    What's the point of keeping him for a year, and losing him?

Might as well get something back for him, then just let him walk away. Every other team in the league does this, why not us?

Already have a ton of holes, might as well start looking a few years ahead, start filling them without having to spend a fortune on overpriced FA's that aren't worth it. That's what got this team into this mess in the first place.
    I understand that we should get something for him rather than just letting him walk away. But my point was that would just create another hole in the outfield and we dont have any kids that are "ready" as it is. And if they are using this year as a revuilding year, why bring back Andy, Mo, and Kuroda? You cant tell me this team right now has a legit chance to win. Compete? Yes. Win a championship? No

vCash
    Screw Hamilton.

Chris Dickerson 2013!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

Seattle and Dallas are major cities... It's not like he's signing with some backwoods team in Mississippi.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Alot of guys stay healthy til 30, its 32 and up where you really have to start worrying.

I don't think Cano's nonchalent style has anything to do with him staying healthy.

JH is a much safer gamble if we can get him at 4 years.
    I guess we just have different views of the players. I don't trust Hamilton for 4 more years. My point about Cano is I don't feel like his body takes near the impact of other players because honestly he can be pretty lazy, but I think it might have unintended effects on his longevity.

I also just think Cano has a ceiling he has not quite hit yet and I think Hamilton has hit his

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast