Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    That's where I think Cano's lackadaisical play that annoys us Yankees fans from time to time will help him. I understand that anyone can break down, but I think his body takes less of a beating when compared to others and he has a good streak of staying healthy already which a lot of players even just at his age can't say
    Alot of guys stay healthy til 30, its 32 and up where you really have to start worrying.

I don't think Cano's nonchalent style has anything to do with him staying healthy.

JH is a much safer gamble if we can get him at 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    What if you are wrong?
    Don't doubt it..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-07-2012 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    What are guys talking about Cano is 1yr younger than Hamilton and doesn't need to be babysat( so he does fall off the wagon---which he did last year). I'd much rather take my chances with Cano.

vCash
    I don't think cano will get an 8 year deal from anyone if the yanks don't pony up. I almost crapped myself when Wright got his. After albert and fielder last year, these guys have learned their lesson. Moreno has a huge ego and the tigers owner is like 99 years old and wants a championship.

Cano gets 6 at best.

vCash
    I was a big Swisher supporter until Josh could be had for 4, possibly 5 years with an option...for me, it was always about the length of contract. That being said, there is no reason the Yankees couldn't sign Hamilton, trade Granderson AND keep Cano long term.

Cano is NOT getting a 10/200 contract from anyone...times have changed.

The Yankees need both players moving forward after ARod, Jeter, Mariano, Pettite and Kuroda eventually leave...just be prepared for CHAMPAGNE-LESS celebrations for an already subdued, business-like clubhouse! Especially minus Swish!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    I don't think cano will get an 8 year deal from anyone if the yanks don't pony up. I almost crapped myself when Wright got his. After albert and fielder last year, these guys have learned their lesson. Moreno has a huge ego and the tigers owner is like 99 years old and wants a championship.

Cano gets 6 at best.
    I don't think Cano will get 8 either. For 5 or even 6 years I'd bring Cano back to the Yanks.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    10 years, $250 million. Do it Cashman.

/kidding

vCash

Cano gets 6 at best.
    Delusional..

Wright just got himself an 8 year deal.. and Cano is way better..
    Let's not kid ourselves on his contract and [pretend it will be team friendly.. 8 year MINIMUM..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-07-2012 at 11:25 PM.

vCash
    I suggest some of you get a life. Close thread. Hamilton isn't coming here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Delusional..

Wright just got himself an 8 year deal.. and Cano is way better..
    Let's not kid ourselves on his contract and [pretend it will be team friendly.. 8 year MINIMUM..
    Seriously. If Wright got 8, Fielder got 9, and Pujols got 10, Boras might as well start at 10-12 years and work his way down. He's not getting any less than 8 years, no matter what.

We'd be lucky if we can at least make that 8th year a team option or a vesting option triggered by number of plate appearances, etc. We'll likely get 3-4 prime-esque years and it'll be downhill from there. So with no rnd to the poor decision making in sight, be ready for a perpetual payroll crunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I suggest some of you get a life. Close thread. Hamilton isn't coming here.
    that's harsh
    "I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body." -Eric Cartman

vCash
    First, I am not sure I believe this. Sounds to me like an agent (who happens to represent Mr. Hamilton), knows that if the Yanks are NOT in the picture, their goals are not going to come close to fruition, so start word that they are....

This has happened before and will always happen as long as the Yanks have the largest salary in the game. Agents need to make other GM's believe that they are involved to get them bidding against themselves to up his price.

Then again, it could be the Yanks just kicking the tires to see how much is being asked... but no idea on true interest... The Yanks have been the most stealthy team in the post George years. So you never know.

vCash

Cano gets 6 at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    I was a big Swisher supporter until Josh could be had for 4, possibly 5 years with an option...for me, it was always about the length of contract. That being said, there is no reason the Yankees couldn't sign Hamilton, trade Granderson AND keep Cano long term.

The Yankees need both players moving forward after ARod, Jeter, Mariano, Pettite and Kuroda eventually leave...just be prepared for CHAMPAGNE-LESS celebrations for an already subdued, business-like clubhouse! Especially minus Swish!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I don't think Cano will get 8 either. For 5 or even 6 years I'd bring Cano back to the Yanks.
    Have none of you gentlemen heard about what's going on in Los Angeles and their ambitious ownership? If they want to they can get him, I just hope Cano has some sentiment and would like to stay at home rather than go for the money

vCash
    If we see an opening, it may not be a bad path. And Texas will need to replace Hamilton.

Rangers Acquire: Robinson Cano
    Yankees Acquire: Jurickson Profar, Martin Perez, Mike Olt, Jorge Alfaro

vCash

Cano gets 6 at best.
    Cano is the best 2nd baseman in baseball, if he hits the open market their will be teams lined up to give him at least 6-7 yrs. I especially would put anything past the Dodgers at this point. I will never get why so many people on here are so eager to get rid of 1 of the most feared hitters in the game that plays a ultra premium position. Grandy i get but not Cano

Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post

i don't think their a shot in hell we get Hamilton but i thought the same thing about Tex. I would bet his agent is using the Yanks name and obvious need to drive up the price for Seattle and Texas. I will say if we could get him for 3-5 yr i;d be very happy. Josh would absolutely rake in YS

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    If we see an opening, it may not be a bad path. And Texas will need to replace Hamilton.

Rangers Acquire: Robinson Cano
    Yankees Acquire: Jurickson Profar, Martin Perez, Mike Olt, Jorge Alfaro
    That a wet dream, their so high on Profar i doubt they would do that deal straight up. As good as Cano is theirs no way he's worth that much for 1yr

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast