Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    Has it occured to anybody that no matter how much he tries to run hard he can't. Some people just don't have that ability. I wonder if that is the case with him. He seems to have a hard time starting after he hits the ball, and to us it looks like he isn't trying.
    I think he can run hard but he's not a speed demon. He probably has average speed.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
    Cano will not be worth anywhere near his salary for probably the last 4 years of his contract.
    Is it really going to cripple us financially though? Highly doubtful. And I also doubt that he will not be "worth anywhere near" it either.

Sign Hamilton only if it means signing Cano long term too.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    With all of this being said...8 years would be a little bit too many for Cano I think.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Is it really going to cripple us financially though? Highly doubtful. And I also doubt that he will not be "worth anywhere near" it either.

It will if it turns out to be 7-8 year extension.

vCash

arod is crippling us right now. he's eating up 15% of tjhe budget and not even playing. cano could be the same way in 8 years
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Jeter was worth $11.1 million at age 36, $10.4 million at age 37 and $14.5 million at age 38 which may be one of the greatest seasons for a SS at that age is history.

Cano would be making probably at least $18 million per year on average. Do you honestly believe he would be that much better than Jeter?

vCash
    Nothing cripples us financially, we made our entire payrol in PROFIT last year, and that not even including YES proceeds, the austerity thing is nonsense.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash

Yankees Checking on Hamilton

Not a chance this happens

vCash
    Cano may not be a crippling contract. As he moves through it Jeter, Pettite, Rivera, etc will all be gone. And judging from the minor leaguerscurrently there won't be much need to give out a big contract to a young guy.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
    Jeter was worth $11.1 million at age 36, $10.4 million at age 37 and $14.5 million at age 38 which may be one of the greatest seasons for a SS at that age is history.

Cano would be making probably at least $18 million per year on average. Do you honestly believe he would be that much better than Jeter?
    And Zito made how much for the little he did last season? I'd argue Cano would be worth more or at least the same as him.

Comparing contracts between players and trying to attribute worth is a tough game especially when you start comparing past seasons.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    My offer would be 4 years $23M per, with an option for a 5th. Put a no-trade clause just so he can see he has security...

Yanks won't have to trade Cano, cause the goal is $189M by 2014. They can let him walk at free agency.

Also,

Yanks would be going for it if they sign Hamilton. It would be Pettitte's and Mo's last season as well.

Jeter-SS
    Granderson-LF
    Tex-1B
    Hamilton-RF
    Cano-2B
    Gardner-LF
    Ibanez-DH
    3B-
    C-

Hopefully the catcher or 3B is right handed and we can plug them in.

Where do I sign up for this?
    That's a ton of lefties, and there's no way we keep Granderson AND Cano if we get Hamilton. I'm all for trading both if we sign Hamilton, but I'd rather scrap the $189MM plan. The Yankees are going to make money regardless of the luxury tax.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    All this talk of age is absolutely moot.

Hamilton can be had and rid of by his mid 30's=far better than paying for more of the same out of Cano.

Regardless of Cano's prestige at the position, he has not been the catalyst for multiple championships ala a Derek Jeter, in fact he's probably been responsible for the loss of a couple. In essence everyone who keeps trying to argue that you have to bow low in fealty to the contractual demands of Robinson Cano makes me laugh when they are in fact arguing for paying a lot more to add absolutely nothing.

I am not an enormous fan of Hamilton but to be honest its time to go in a different direction.

If they can keep the years down then I would say take the gambler's chance that his drug use expected bodily attrition is mollified by his physique and that time might still be on his side.

Signing Cano for 8 years is a comedy show, plain and simple.
    This is weird... I actually agree 100% with Sauron on something!

Hamilton would be fantastic in Yankee Stadium. Easily 40+ home runs per year. Essentially blends Cano's contact and Granderson's power. Allows Gardner to move to CF, where he belongs, and allows us to trade one/both of Cano/Granderson, and completely re-stock the farm system.

Honestly, I'm all for trading both Cano and Granderson. I hate making specific trade proposals here, but obviously Seattle is looking for offense, so if we get Hamilton, I think we could send Cano to Seattle and get Ackley, Paxton, Jaso, and a few more pieces. That gives us a high-level, borderline elite LHP prospect, a switch-hitting, gold glove 2B with a high ceiling, and a fantastic lefty platoon catcher, and perhaps a few more prospects, all making league minimum.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    That's a ton of lefties, and there's no way we keep Granderson AND Cano if we get Hamilton. I'm all for trading both if we sign Hamilton, but I'd rather scrap the $189MM plan. The Yankees are going to make money regardless of the luxury tax.
    Do you know how to read? The $189M plan is not until 2014, not this season. It is virtually impossible to trade Cano or Granderson because they are in the last year of their contracts and we will only be able to trade with other contending teams. It is possible, but difficult. Having Grandy, Cano, and Hamilton is possible...just for this year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    And Zito made how much for the little he did last season? I'd argue Cano would be worth more or at least the same as him.

Comparing contracts between players and trying to attribute worth is a tough game especially when you start comparing past seasons.
    Ok, I'll put it this way. Name me 5 players in modern history to have seasons worth close to $18 million a year at that range of age.

Jeter was mentioned as an outlier.

vCash
    i don't wanna trade cano. granderson, yes, but not cano.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast