Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Hamilton has health issues. Cano doesn't. Hamilton has only two seasons with more than 134 games played. Cano doesn't.

Cano is better long term and provides way more offensive benefit than Josh. Plus you got that whole defensive side where Cano excels.
    I agree that it's a win win for me as I LOVE Robbie. But I am ready for a change and its perfect timing if he wants 8 years. I'm really excited to get back some mega talent in a trade. Kinda like the Pineda trade before he blew his arm to spaghetti.

vCash
    Yea, Rangers are treating Hamilton like ****.

vCash
    If they are serious about Hamilton and go more than 3 years I'd be pissed. Let him go to the Mariners. This guy will be doing blow in the village by May of next season, and he will probably be injured by June.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Bye Cano....
    Huh? You would seriously rather have Hamilton than Cano? Your crazy.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Let's trade our BY FAR best player, who is still young and in his prime, for an injury plagued OF that has a serious alcohol/drug past and bring him to NYC.
    I'm all for signing Hamilton, but not if it means getting rid of Cano.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Huh? You would seriously rather have Hamilton than Cano? Your crazy.
    this whole forum must be "crazy" then.

Josh with 4 year commitment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cano @7-8 year commitment.

vCash
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I love Hamilton, don't get me wrong. But to chose him over Cano would be outrageous.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I love Hamilton, don't get me wrong. But to chose him over Cano would be outrageous.
    obviously its not about choosing one player, its about not wanting to give Cano another megadeal like we did Arod.

I don't want Cano making $25m when he's almost 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Hamilton has health issues. Cano doesn't. Hamilton has only two seasons with more than 134 games played. Cano doesn't.

Cano is better long term and provides way more offensive benefit than Josh. Plus you got that whole defensive side where Cano excels.
    And yet there was one key defensive doubleplay that needed to be turned to prevent the tiebreaker and Cano held the ball. Not only did he hold the ball, the play couldve been made and he once again chose the lazy, safe route.

Cano for 8 years cannot be predicted. Hamilton for 3-4 is a gambler's chance with a heck of a lot less of risk of hamstringing team budget far into the future.

With Cano you are paying twice as much for more of the same. He will not bring double the stats for double the requested salary. Then this becomes an issue of what does he bring as an improvement towards winning championship gold. The answer to that is nothing.

So, as much as I lack a tremendous amount of faith in Hamilton, Cano offers nothing more than what he brings at the moment and his cost is about to double.

Trade him if nothing else.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Give me josh. Now!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    The problem for the Yankees has never been overpaying players, it has been the amount of time that they overpay them for. If you have to pay Hamilton $78 million over 3 years to get him to come versus 100 million over 5, you do it every time and twice on sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    How many times do some of us have to say that it doesn't matter how the contract is constructed, it's the average per year. Back loading Cano's contract won't help us lower the payroll. His average annual salary over the contract length will count toward our payroll, even if he only gets 10 mil in 2014, his average yearly salary of potentially 20 mil will be on the books for 2014.

I love Cano as he's my favorite player currently and if we trade him I'll be super bummed. I'm just coming to th inevitable realization that he has to be traded
    Why trade him or Granderson when we can keep them both and win a championship next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    obviously its not about choosing one player, its about not wanting to give Cano another megadeal like we did Arod.

I don't want Cano making $25m when he's almost 40
    Well no. You are putting it in terms of choosing Hamilton over Cano.
    I'd rather have Cano here in his prime, and possibly suffer (although I really don't see him losing much as he gets older with his swing, if anything he'll gain more plate discipline) for 1 bad year.
    Rather than have Hamilton instead, who will give us 120 games a season.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Couldn't disagree more.
    At the same price and years I agree.

But to have Hamilton for half the price and years as Cano you do it every time.

vCash
    Well no. You are putting it in terms of choosing Hamilton over Cano.
    I'd rather have Cano here in his prime, and possibly suffer (although I really don't see him losing much as he gets older with his swing, if anything he'll gain more plate discipline) for 1 bad year.
    Rather than have Hamilton instead, who will give us 120 games a season.
    Cano will not be worth anywhere near his salary for probably the last 4 years of his contract.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast