Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hamilton would be a "Beast" at the plate in Yankee Stadium. I worry about the drug and alcohol issues but to have this guy hit 4th in that lineup would be scary. Get it done Cash!

vCash
    I'd rather give Hamilton 4 years vs giving Cano 7 years.

Trade cano & Curtis for prospects or solid, under control players and get Hamilton who is a better player than Cano anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I'd rather give Hamilton 4 years vs giving Cano 7 years.

Trade cano & Curtis for prospects or solid, under control players and get Hamilton who is a better player than Cano anyway.
    I agree with the trading but Hamilton is not better than Cano as a baseball player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    I agree with the trading but Hamilton is not better than Cano as a baseball player.
    its debatable, but i think Josh is capable of 300/40/120 playing in yankee stadium.

vCash
    And defense?

vCash
    Agree Cano is better.

vCash
    Plus, those number you said Josh is capable, Cano has achieved.

vCash
    Cano at his best is not on the same level as Josh at his best and I'm a big Cano fan.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Hamilton can replace Cano's offense

vCash
    I know this all just for interesting conversation but the Yanks arent even actively shopping Cano so Im not sure why people keep talking about it. Granderson is the one who is being shopped.

vCash
    Plus, those number you said Josh is capable, Cano has achieved.
    Cano has never hit 40 HR's, heck he's only hit 30 once. And he's never driven in 120.

his average season is .308/22/89, Hamilton .304/27/92 with higher OBP, SLG and OPS in less games player per year.

vCash
    Its not a question of Hamilton is better than Cano. I take Cano anyday over Hamilton. Its the lenght of the contract you have to sign him for. He is asking 8 yrs. so his conract will end when he is 40. Hamilton can be had for 4 yrs. I take the risk for 4 rather than 8 if the production is about equal. Plus, the Yanks need an outfielder and they have David Adams ready to step in for 2nd base. Its all about numbers and lenght of the contract. Enough long term contract stuff unless you do it early (like when they are 26-28).
    Oh my!

Someone making sense.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    All this talk of age is absolutely moot.

Hamilton can be had and rid of by his mid 30's=far better than paying for more of the same out of Cano.

Regardless of Cano's prestige at the position, he has not been the catalyst for multiple championships ala a Derek Jeter, in fact he's probably been responsible for the loss of a couple. In essence everyone who keeps trying to argue that you have to bow low in fealty to the contractual demands of Robinson Cano makes me laugh when they are in fact arguing for paying a lot more to add absolutely nothing.

I am not an enormous fan of Hamilton but to be honest its time to go in a different direction.

If they can keep the years down then I would say take the gambler's chance that his drug use expected bodily attrition is mollified by his physique and that time might still be on his side.

Signing Cano for 8 years is a comedy show, plain and simple.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Cano has never hit 40 HR's, heck he's only hit 30 once. And he's never driven in 120.

his average season is .308/22/89, Hamilton .304/27/92 with higher OBP, SLG and OPS in less games player per year.
    The offesive production is similiar but the comparing defense is where you see the huge gap. You keep missing that.

vCash
    Well according to MLB trade rumors, Hamilton's camp is still seeking 6-7 years at 25 per. I know what he is seeking is different than what he will get but I wouldnt expect to see him signing anytime soon.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast