Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    That's it ? Hamilton can hit for average. Also, Hamilton has a fit physique. Cano is a little big around his legs.
    Even with that fit physique he gets injured a lot. we have no idea when the years of drug use will catch up with him.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Cano 31 next yr
    Albert was already in his 30s
    Hamilton 31
    Guys like Tex, Manny, and Holliday hit the market at 29 and then turned 30 later that yr.
    Pujols signed an extension that paid him $116 million.
    Hamilton has well known drug problems that kept him out of the league
    Holiday started playing when he was 24
    Teix signed when he was 28 and turned 29 the following season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Uuuhh, that would be most of the good players in the league. Guys in their early 30's are just reaching their prime...
    so when you sign them long term you ar epaying them prime dollars when they are past it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    That is true IF the yanks get Hamilton.
    Trade him to the Mariners, get Montero back and a **** load of prospects....IF WE SIGN HAMILTON

The Good Ole Days

vCash
    Getting rid of Cano would be a terrible idea. This guy will still be hitting well later on in his career because he has great vision, a great swing, and is just an all around great hitter. He's not A-Rod in any way. He will be a Jeter 2.0 late in his career and I don't mind that all. Not mention he's homegrown and is at the top of the 2B class. He also has high character and stays out of the tabloids so why not give this guy what he wants. Oh and I didn't even mention how well he is at fielding. All this talk about getting rid of Cano is because fans are use to seeing a splash made every year. You guys want to sign Hamilton who has a history with drugs and alcohol (fits well in NY), and had a huge slump in the middle of last season to a 5 year deal. He also has a history with injuries. Yet Cano who has been a great Yankee cant get a more reasonable 8 year deal? (He's not getting a ten year deal, 8 will be enough)

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    People need to stop thinking trading Grandy and Cano is so easy. They will both be free agents by the end of next season. Who will trade valuable players for a 1-year rental? Cano will be looking for a $200M + deal.

It is not easy, and I doubt it happens. We will most likely just let them walk as FA's after next season.
    I was about to say the same thing. No team is going to give up all that comes with getting a Cano type player if they dont think they will be able to sign him long term.

vCash
    I find it funny that people think Hamilton will age better than Cano. Power hitters don't age well, examples Arod and Teix. Cano is a contact hitter so he should be more productive than Hamilton in the future.

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I find it funny that people think Hamilton will age better than Cano. Power hitters don't age well, examples Arod and Teix. Cano is a contact hitter so he should be more productive than Hamilton in the future.
    i dont think people are saying that, i think thye are saying that will liekly occur near the very end or after his 5 year contract, where it will bein the middle of cano on a 8 to 10 year contract
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Getting rid of Cano would be a terrible idea. This guy will still be hitting well later on in his career because he has great vision, a great swing, and is just an all around great hitter. He's not A-Rod in any way. He will be a Jeter 2.0 late in his career and I don't mind that all. Not mention he's homegrown and is at the top of the 2B class. He also has high character and stays out of the tabloids so why not give this guy what he wants. Oh and I didn't even mention how well he is at fielding. All this talk about getting rid of Cano is because fans are use to seeing a splash made every year. You guys want to sign Hamilton who has a history with drugs and alcohol (fits well in NY), and had a huge slump in the middle of last season to a 5 year deal. He also has a history with injuries. Yet Cano who has been a great Yankee cant get a more reasonable 8 year deal? (He's not getting a ten year deal, 8 will be enough)
    Cano is no A-Rod alright. A-Rod hit .321/.412/.610 with 48 HR, 130 RBI and a 436 wOBA, 174 wRC+, 9.1 rWAR/9.1 fWAR at Cano's age. Was also the AL MVP.

vCash
    Its not a question of Hamilton is better than Cano. I take Cano anyday over Hamilton. Its the lenght of the contract you have to sign him for. He is asking 8 yrs. so his conract will end when he is 40. Hamilton can be had for 4 yrs. I take the risk for 4 rather than 8 if the production is about equal. Plus, the Yanks need an outfielder and they have David Adams ready to step in for 2nd base. Its all about numbers and lenght of the contract. Enough long term contract stuff unless you do it early (like when they are 26-28).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Its not a question of Hamilton is better than Cano. I take Cano anyday over Hamilton. Its the lenght of the contract you have to sign him for. He is asking 8 yrs. so his conract will end when he is 40. Hamilton can be had for 4 yrs. I take the risk for 4 rather than 8 if the production is about equal. Plus, the Yanks need an outfielder and they have David Adams ready to step in for 2nd base. Its all about numbers and lenght of the contract. Enough long term contract stuff unless you do it early (like when they are 26-28).
    I would hire you as GM for this statement alone. Well said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i dont think people are saying that, i think thye are saying that will liekly occur near the very end or after his 5 year contract, where it will bein the middle of cano on a 8 to 10 year contract
    I don't think Cano will get 8 to 10 years, even on the market. Hamilton asked for seven and isn't getting. I know the drug issues, but that was years ago. He's managed to stay out of major trouble since '07 so I think it's more of the age with Hamilton that teams are fearing him.

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    I don't think Cano will get 8 to 10 years, even on the market. Hamilton asked for seven and isn't getting. I know the drug issues, but that was years ago. He's managed to stay out of major trouble since '07 so I think it's more of the age with Hamilton that teams are fearing him.
    Not only age but injuries (something Cano has stayed away from). Cano plays a more valuable position than Hamilton. Hamilton still has problems more recent than 07.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    What posters are doing is making assumptions based on opinions, like "I could see Cano gaining weight". Based on what???? Anyone can just make a blind statement about a player.

"Player X has cankles, so i can project him gaining weight in 10 yrs". Facts please.

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    I cant say I agree with you on this. Following the winter meetings, all you hear is about the personality of Josh and how is requires a support system more so than his age. And Cano has Boras as his agent and there is no question he is #1 in his position. Given that information, Cano can give you a haul if you dangle him to a contender (i.e. Dodgers, Phillies, etc). If you can get a haul back which includes your SS and 3rd of the future, you have to think about that.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast