Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    At 36-years old, whose going to be better ? Cano or Hamilton ? I'm gonna say Hamilton because he would still be able to hit homeruns.
    That's impopssible to quantify; we have no way of knowing which player would be best at age 36. Whose to say Cano won't be able to hit HR's at that age? Or hit for avg? Same goes with Hamilton.

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I've been saying this all along. For 4 years, you definetly have take a chance on Hamilton. With all these teams making more money you wont see a free agent like hamilton again because teams are locking up their stars. Thats why you see guys like Pegan getting 4 yr 10M+ deals.

We might get lucky here, the teams are working backwards this year. Instead of signing the big free agents first, they're over paying for role players.

Hamilton has Injury issues, but the guy can hit the ball. He's be hitting 50 Hr's every year in yankee stadium. With a guy like him in the middle of the line up, you can afford to have average players around him.

Trade Granderson, try trading Texiera.
    NO TRADE CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tex isnt going anywhere. live with it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    +1

He's a second baseman. His production can be replaced. We need pitching and youth.

Rid ourselves of Grandy and Cano. Add youthful pitching and Josh. All problems solved except catcher.
    How many second baseman hit like him or close to him. The team is losing power due decline and players leaving and you think his production can be replaced.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    This Blog is full of GM's...

When the Yanks spend, they win... We didn't get here by worrying about 8 yrs from now. Last I checked, we spent on CC, Tex, and AJ in one off-season, and guess what? We won another chip.

MONEY TALKS BABY..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

When the Yanks spend, they win... We didn't get here by worrying about 8 yrs from now. Last I checked, we spent on CC, Tex, and AJ in one off-season, and guess what? We won another chip.

MONEY TALKS BABY..
    and we are paying for it now................

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    I'm all for keeping Cano and having the Yanks make him the highest paid 2B in the league. Do you think he will accept a 4/85 deal? How about 5/100? Cano and Boras would laugh at both of those deals. These guys are looking for 7+ and $150+ million as their base. Do we really want a mid to late 30's 2B making $20+ million per season on this team?
    It wouldn't be that bad when he reaches mid to late 30s because most if not all of the long term contracts will be gone.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash

MONEY TALKS BABY..
    That was bringing in 3 new guys that changed the team (Swish also). Signing Cano changed nothing since he would not be new.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    and we are paying for it now................
    Really, how so? Is CC still producing...Is Tex producing? Is AJ still here? I have no idea what you're talking about. The only contract hurting Yanks is A-Rod....That's it...

you guys act like the Yanks are poor or out of cash.... Brainwashed I tell you.... BTW, I'm not saying Yanks should or shouldnt sign Hamilton...but if you think Yanks SHOULD trade Cano, I would have to disagree majorly to that. yanks shouldn't trade their best player..This isn't the A's
    Last edited by Bivory; 12-07-2012 at 11:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    It wouldn't be that bad when he reaches mid to late 30s because most if not all of the long term contracts will be gone.
    that would also stop us from other big deals though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    The goal is to not make the same mistakes. Signing guys in their 30's to long term deals.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Really, how so? Is CC still producing...Is Tex producing? Is AJ still here? I have no idea what you're talking about. The only contract hurting Yanks is A-Rod....That's it...

you guys act like the Yanks are poor or out of cash.... Brainwashed I tell you.... BTW, I'm not saying Yanks should or shouldnt sign Hamilton...but if you think Yanks SHOULD trade Cano, I would have to disagree majorly to that. yanks shouldn't trade their best player..This isn't the A's
    no problem with CC.......yet. guys pitched a ton of innings, i can almost gaurentee he falls apart before hos contract expires

AJ is not ehre, but we are still payin him. wasted money

Tex is prodiucing, but he is vastly overpaid. he's paid like on of the highest players in baseball and it can be argued he's not even top 5 at his postion offensively.

and then arod. cano has a decent chance to be arod at the end of his deal if we sing him for 8 to 10 yearsa t 32

vCash
    As far as Hamilton is concerned he is a .227/.295/.424 hitter in the postseason. 4 of his 6 HRs came against the Yankees in the 2010 ALCS.

Masahiro Tanaka

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    As far as Hamilton is concerned he is a .227/.295/.424 hitter in the postseason. 4 of his 6 HRs came against the Yankees in the 2010 ALCS.
    canos numbers in the playoffs outside the WS run arent that good either, yet you want to offer hm a contract double the length of hamiltons

vCash
    no problem with CC.......yet. guys pitched a ton of innings, i can almost gaurentee he falls apart before hos contract expires

AJ is not ehre, but we are still payin him. wasted money

Tex is prodiucing, but he is vastly overpaid. he's paid like on of the highest players in baseball and it can be argued he's not even top 5 at his postion offensively.

and then arod.
    These guys WON us a chip already. They've already paid for themselves. See, this is what I mean by being spoiled. Ask any GM if he would trade the cash the Yanks spent on those guys for a guaranteed chip and I bet he says YES,...all day long. But that's not good enough for Yankee fans. We think we deserve multiple championships for getting those guys...

All this talk of money when the Yanks built a 1.5 BILLION dollar stadium and charges me outrageous prices for right field seats...give me a break.

vCash
    that would also stop us from other big deals though
    Why would it do that. The Yankees haven't played in the free agent market since the 08 off season . I think if a guy like Felix hit the market(he's never going to) they would drop big money on him.

-Heat fan

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast