Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    For all of you "get rid of or trade Cano" guys, I wonder what the hell you're talking about. You've all let the Yankee brass brain wash you with this 189Mill dollar cap talk. You're talking about getting rid of one of the most feared hitters in the game.

This is the talk of a spoiled Yankee fan with little appreciation of the skills Cano brings to the table. When is the last time the Yanks had THE BEST second baseman in the world and Yankee fans asked that he be "traded"? You guys can do better than this.
    Who has a long history of lazy, unfocussed October play.

2011 was an abberation. Is it not also 'spoiled' to retain a guy well beyond his value matrix simply to lay claim to having "the best second baseman in the game?"

Whatever "skills" Cano brings to the table are compromised by his attitude, approach and focus. That is why he will never be a Yankee legend, only a numbers-hanger who had a high ceiling.

Cano's piss poor postseason play (again, excepting last year) could be tolerable if not for the petulant, lack of hustle that accompanies it.

THIS is a player primed to be a contractuial albatross on the downward slope of his probable guarenteed years.

Trade him.

And trade him now.....
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Bye bye Grandy by next year. Trade Cano by next year.

We can get Hamilton easily. Would you rather have Josh in Right Field with two role players backing him up or a trio of mediocrity at 15-18 m per year?

We just hope for no injury.

Sign josh for four. Trade Grandy for youth and trade Cano for a # 2 starter with some youth. A James Shields type dude.

I am thinking Hamilton in pinstripes is a very real possibility. And I love the idea. Yankee Universe loves stores like his. Straw, Doc, Howe, Giambi etc. he would become a favorite and his numbers in NY would be bodacious. Crazy addition to our lineup.

vCash
    Yanks are trying to move Grandy for some pitching. Then sign josh.

Cano gets traded for a front line starter in a blockbuster deal. Seattle loves cano and would be a perfect fit. Anyone familiar with their pitchers other than Felix?

I will guess that Grandy and Cano end up in Seattle and Josh is in NY. Grandy and Cano are gone. Perfect timing.

Sign Josh
    Trade Grandy
    Trade Cano

That's our future. I'm in.

vCash

----------------

He does???
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Bye bye Grandy by next year. Trade Cano by next year.

We can get Hamilton easily. Would you rather have Josh in Right Field with two role players backing him up or a trio of mediocrity at 15-18 m per year?

We just hope for no injury.

Sign josh for four. Trade Grandy for youth and trade Cano for a # 2 starter with some youth. A James Shields type dude.

I am thinking Hamilton in pinstripes is a very real possibility. And I love the idea. Yankee Universe loves stores like his. Straw, Doc, Howe, Giambi etc. he would become a favorite and his numbers in NY would be bodacious. Crazy addition to our lineup.
    People need to stop thinking trading Grandy and Cano is so easy. They will both be free agents by the end of next season. Who will trade valuable players for a 1-year rental? Cano will be looking for a $200M + deal.

It is not easy, and I doubt it happens. We will most likely just let them walk as FA's after next season.

vCash
    +1

He's a second baseman. His production can be replaced. We need pitching and youth.

Rid ourselves of Grandy and Cano. Add youthful pitching and Josh. All problems solved except catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post

2011 was an abberation. Is it not also 'spoiled' to retain a guy well beyond his value matrix simply to lay claim to having "the best second baseman in the game?"

Whatever "skills" Cano brings to the table are compromised by his attitude, approach and focus. That is why he will never be a Yankee legend, only a numbers-hanger who had a high ceiling.

Cano's piss poor postseason play (again, excepting last year) could be tolerable if not for the petulant, lack of hustle that accompanies it.

THIS is a player primed to be a contractuial albatross on the downward slope of his probable guarenteed years.

Trade him.

And trade him now.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    I like Cano and want him to stay.but I don't think the Yankees are going to do another 10 year deal. Also I read somewhere that he is not taking home discount because he already took one on the last contract.
    He will required too much money.
    I'm sick of hearing this. If you're not gonna pay a very healthy, best at his position in the game player, who the heck are you gonna pay? The guy is NEVER hurt, which Hamilton is, and you're ready to give up om him because you see a decline coming? I want both and if I can only have one, give me the healthy guy with no risk of him falling off the wagon...no offense

Robbies swing is like poetry in motion and it's not going anywhere. All this talk about MONEY is because Yankee brass has BRAIN WASHED you..lol. The 189mill nonsense has gotten to you. My tix go up every year and the Yankee payroll goes down every year. Where's the disconnect??? I call BBUUUULLLLSSSHHHIIII... You have to pay the BEST player on the team and that's Cano. Some here talk as if we're a small market team like the A's..

vCash
    I'm sick of hearing this. If you're not gonna pay a very healthy, best at his position in the game player, who the heck are you gonna pay? The guy is NEVER hurt, which Hamilton is, and you're ready to give up om him because you see a decline coming? I want both and if I can only have one, give me the healthy guy with no risk of him falling off the wagon...no offense
    Plus that history Josh has. Heaven forbid he go through a slump in NY, fans rip him a new one. Next thing ya know he's snorting mountains of cocaine. Plus all his injuries will continue and not get batter. A former drug addict and alcoholic doesn't magically get healthier as they age more into their 30s. Gets worse folks.

I'd rather sign a guy like Ludwick to put into the RF spot.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Yanks offer Josh Hamilton 5yrs and $45 million......

Wow! They are out of money....

Just kidding.
    Nick

vCash
    For all of you "get rid of or trade Cano" guys, I wonder what the hell you're talking about. You've all let the Yankee brass brain wash you with this 189Mill dollar cap talk. You're talking about getting rid of one of the most feared hitters in the game.

This is the talk of a spoiled Yankee fan with little appreciation of the skills Cano brings to the table. When is the last time the Yanks had THE BEST second baseman in the world and Yankee fans asked that he be "traded"? You guys can do better than this.
    I'm all for keeping Cano and having the Yanks make him the highest paid 2B in the league. Do you think he will accept a 4/85 deal? How about 5/100? Cano and Boras would laugh at both of those deals. These guys are looking for 7+ and $150+ million as their base. Do we really want a mid to late 30's 2B making $20+ million per season on this team?

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Rid ourselves of Cano and Grandy?????hahahaha

This is craziness... This is the only team with fans hoping to trade an all-star gold glover and a 40 homerun guy on a 1yr deal...aiyaiyai

vCash

This is craziness... This is the only team with fans hoping to trade an all-star gold glover and a 40 homerun guy on a 1yr deal...aiyaiyai
    Right, because they won't be here next year unless we $$$$$$$.
    If reports of Hamilton for 4-5 years are true he is a BARGAIN in comparison to our recent history of crappy long contracts (Arod, Teix, etc). A BARGAIN in comparison to what Cano wants.

vCash
    At 36-years old, whose going to be better ? Cano or Hamilton ? I'm gonna say Hamilton because he would still be able to hit homeruns.

vCash

I'm no fan of Hamilton. However the "give Cano whatever he wants" supporters only care about now and not the future. Deal looks OK at the start but what about the last 3-4+ seasons? Yanks would have got Cano until age 31 if they let him walk after next season. They would have got the best years out of him and now some other team will sign him to a contact more than double what the Yanks paid him for a decline in production. Think about what $150+ million could be spent on (younger talent). If Cano was 27 it would be fine but he will be 31.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    I've been saying this all along. For 4 years, you definetly have take a chance on Hamilton. With all these teams making more money you wont see a free agent like hamilton again because teams are locking up their stars. Thats why you see guys like Pegan getting 4 yr 10M+ deals.

We might get lucky here, the teams are working backwards this year. Instead of signing the big free agents first, they're over paying for role players.

Hamilton has Injury issues, but the guy can hit the ball. He's be hitting 50 Hr's every year in yankee stadium. With a guy like him in the middle of the line up, you can afford to have average players around him.

Trade Granderson, try trading Texiera.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast