Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    get hamilton and move cano and grandy at the break in july to get the younger pieces we need to replace a rod and jeter moving forward a 85 win yankee team will cut fans at the stadium by 800000 they know this and need to make a splash now sign hamiliton he could 40 hr and drive in 135 for the next 3 yrs barring injury of course thats what insurance is for ala a roid

vCash
    I'll go five years for Hamilton.

vCash
    Hmm...even though I doubt it, I could see something like Hamilton being signed for 3 years, with Granderson being traded same day or later on. Free up 15 million there. Cano's contract after the season maybe gets slightly backloaded as to not affect the 2014 payroll. Gardner over to CF, and maybe sign Ichiro to a 1 year deal to play in left.

You'd still have a hole at 3rd, but if Youkilis signs for one year, that doesn't hurt the 2014 goal.

I miss The Boss.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    I'd rather have Cano than Hamilton. If they trade anybody to allow money to sign Hamilton then it needs to be Granderson.

If they do sign Hamilton, it better be no longer than a 4 year deal.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    My offer would be 4 years $23M per, with an option for a 5th. Put a no-trade clause just so he can see he has security...

Yanks won't have to trade Cano, cause the goal is $189M by 2014. They can let him walk at free agency.

Also,

Yanks would be going for it if they sign Hamilton. It would be Pettitte's and Mo's last season as well.

Jeter-SS
    Granderson-LF
    Tex-1B
    Hamilton-RF
    Cano-2B
    Gardner-LF
    Ibanez-DH
    3B-
    C-

Hopefully the catcher or 3B is right handed and we can plug them in.

Where do I sign up for this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Bye Cano....
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    ^

vCash
    For all of you "get rid of or trade Cano" guys, I wonder what the hell you're talking about. You've all let the Yankee brass brain wash you with this 189Mill dollar cap talk. You're talking about getting rid of one of the most feared hitters in the game.

This is the talk of a spoiled Yankee fan with little appreciation of the skills Cano brings to the table. When is the last time the Yanks had THE BEST second baseman in the world and Yankee fans asked that he be "traded"? You guys can do better than this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I'd be so happy if we just scrap the $189MM plan and get Hamilton and Greinke. But it won't happen.
    I dont know Leo (hey that rhymes). I want no part of an impending Greinke mental implosion that culminates with urinating all over himself on the mound.

No part.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Hmm...even though I doubt it, I could see something like Hamilton being signed for 3 years, with Granderson being traded same day or later on. Free up 15 million there. Cano's contract after the season maybe gets slightly backloaded as to not affect the 2014 payroll. Gardner over to CF, and maybe sign Ichiro to a 1 year deal to play in left.

You'd still have a hole at 3rd, but if Youkilis signs for one year, that doesn't hurt the 2014 goal.

I miss The Boss.
    i dont think ti works that way in regards to the luxury tax. i think that averages the contract
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Not going to happen. This is just the Yankees throwing the fans a bone.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I'd rather have Cano than Hamilton. If they trade anybody to allow money to sign Hamilton then it needs to be Granderson.

If they do sign Hamilton, it better be no longer than a 4 year deal.
    not if cano insists on ten years i dont
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    For all of you "get rid of or trade Cano" guys, I wonder what the hell you're talking about. You've all let the Yankee brass brain wash you with this 189Mill dollar cap talk. You're talking about getting rid of one of the most feared hitters in the game.

This is the talk of a spoiled Yankee fan with little appreciation of the skills Cano brings to the table. When is the last time the Yanks had THE BEST second baseman in the world and Yankee fans asked that he be "traded"? You guys can do better than this.
    I think the trade Cano talk is because guys like A-rod have declined and fans don't want to be in the same position again. When he came in 3rd in MVP voting two yrs ago everyone was excited to see him reach his potential but now it's trade Cano now before it's too late lol.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

I like Cano and want him to stay.but I don't think the Yankees are going to do another 10 year deal. Also I read somewhere that he is not taking home discount because he already took one on the last contract.
    He will required too much money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post

I miss The Boss.
    How many times do some of us have to say that it doesn't matter how the contract is constructed, it's the average per year. Back loading Cano's contract won't help us lower the payroll. His average annual salary over the contract length will count toward our payroll, even if he only gets 10 mil in 2014, his average yearly salary of potentially 20 mil will be on the books for 2014.

I love Cano as he's my favorite player currently and if we trade him I'll be super bummed. I'm just coming to th inevitable realization that he has to be traded

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast