Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 113
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Suppose we let him go, who is going to replace him...Reece, Stewart, Goodson...who? None of those players are better than DMC at RB.
    Darren McFadden has run 150 times for 507 yards.

    Reece, Stewart and Goodson have run 101 times for 483 yards.

    Yes... I am precisely advocating what you seem to think is a foolish position. Use Stewart / Reece / Goodson as the rotation next season.

    F* that - use them as the rotation this year.

    FWIW, I've been banging my head against the wall hoping to see Mike Goodson getting additional carries since week 2.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,755
    vCash
    1500
    McFadden, Seymour, Kelly, Branch, Huff, and DHB shouldn't be on this team next year.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,926
    vCash
    1500
    Experiment over, lesson learned.

    I would like to say to his supporters that it really is a shame that he wasn't more durable, damned shame.

    Time to get back to the business of our future....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

    -John Madden

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,926
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Darren McFadden has run 150 times for 507 yards.

    Reece, Stewart and Goodson have run 101 times for 483 yards.

    Yes... I am precisely advocating what you seem to think is a foolish position. Use Stewart / Reece / Goodson as the rotation next season.

    F* that - use them as the rotation this year.

    FWIW, I've been banging my head against the wall hoping to see Mike Goodson getting additional carries since week 2.
    Rotations at RB make perfect sense, two/three guys that have different complimenting talents. Give me a speedy hands guy, a down hill pounder and a short yardage specialist.

    ....oh yeah, and an OC with enough imagination to mix it up a bit....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

    -John Madden

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    No, he's still seen as an elite 'talent' - and some team, somewhere, will trade for him.

    RB is the easiest position to fill, IMO. If you can't get "one" guy, you simply get two or three and use them in a rotation.

    Would anyone complain about Reece / Stewart / Goodson getting ~10 carries a piece in 2013?

    IMO, stick with the WCO/ZBS, pay Marty Mornhinweg a ton of money and try to get better with the foundation that's already in place.
    I was thinking about Mornhinweg the other day. I like that idea.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,682
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    McFadden isn't going anywhere! I understand everyone wanting to gut the team, but dang, you can't replace everyone. The fact is he's injury prone, but when and if they switch back to a power block scheme, then things might turn around for him.

    Suppose we let him go, who is going to replace him...Reece, Stewart, Goodson...who? None of those players are better than DMC at RB.

    Then you say draft a RB, well I think we have a ton more problems at other position, and cutting DMC to add to our problems isn't smart.
    Exactly...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,909
    vCash
    1500
    DMC is nothing but speed in space, he cant cut, no vision and is top heavy

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    14,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    DMC is done in Oakland.

    There's a team out there who will trade a second or third round pick for him.
    I hope so, we need to sell this guy now and get what we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    828
    vCash
    1500
    That all works if you have an O line that can block...we don't....case closed.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    2,083
    vCash
    1500
    McFadden and value should not be used in the same sentence. The Raiders will be lucky to get a Yugo in trade for him...running or not. Now that I think of it there is no difference between McFadden and a Yugo...neither one can run for very long.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    2,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    McFadden isn't going anywhere! I understand everyone wanting to gut the team, but dang, you can't replace everyone. The fact is he's injury prone, but when and if they switch back to a power block scheme, then things might turn around for him.

    Suppose we let him go, who is going to replace him...Reece, Stewart, Goodson...who? None of those players are better than DMC at RB.

    Then you say draft a RB, well I think we have a ton more problems at other position, and cutting DMC to add to our problems isn't smart.
    Didn't he also get injured in the power blocking scheme? What's the difference? This guy gets hurt turning around in an empty room. Sir step away from the bone.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,521
    vCash
    1500
    If he's traded I imagine it'll be for a 3rd and/or another pick yet to be given based on performance. Could even see Mcfadden back here next year at this rate.

    But I'd still try to trade him. Cut bait and get something rather than chance he and another back can get it done again next year. It's time to move on.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Altadena, CA
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    it's just sad becasue when he's healthy he's good... just ANOTHER piece we need to fix in the offseason...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,807
    vCash
    1500
    While I agree that all it takes is one jumpy GM to get things done, I'm doubting McFadden is worth much. I doubt he was worth much in April.

    The only one's who think he's worth a damn are those Raider faithful too blind to see.

    -Stork

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,081
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    While I agree that all it takes is one jumpy GM to get things done, I'm doubting McFadden is worth much. I doubt he was worth much in April.

    The only one's who think he's worth a damn are those Raider faithful too blind to see.

    -Stork
    I can't believe he still is backed up lol. The run game got better with reece a FB/TE/WR and a UDFA.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •