Shaq on TNT
Just said that Dwight CAN be a 27-28 ppg guy. The formula to dominate is this:
1) Dwight must get atleast 3 shot attempts per quarter where you simply feed him the ball and let him go to work. 3 x 4Q = 12 shot attempts.
2) Of those 12 shot attempts, if Dwight makes 50% of those (6/12), that's 12 points.
3) Dwight needs to get and convert on 4 offensive putbacks a game. 4 x 2 = 8 points.
4) Dwight must convert on 3 drop plays (via Nash pick-and-roll, Kobe pick-and -roll, and Pau to Dwight High to Low). 3 x 2 = 6 points.
5) Dwight must get to the line 10 times and convert 50% of his FTs. That's 5 points.
12 + 8 + 6 + 5 = 31 pts.
This is Shaq's recipe for Dwight, and something that Kenny the Jet agreed with as well.
If you watched the segment, Shaq was actually urging and rooting on for Dwight to do this. He wants Dwight to become a legitimate dominant center on both ends of the floor and feels Dwight is very capable of doing so.