Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff push

vCash
    Nice article! Im glad the players are focused on the next weeks game and nothing else. This team is glowing with character and it is great the core will be together for the next few years at least. I say they are ready to go fight for the division and beat Houston. I didn't expect them to get pounded on MNF but I would say we put up a better showing against NE than the Texans did.

vCash
    The colts did look really bad in the first half but rallied to win in the 2nd half like so many games this season. I have to admit the game didn't look too good and then they came out in the 3rd and played a lot better. The secondary was a lot better and V. Davis finally showed signs of being worthy of the 2nd round pick we gave up for him. The bad call on the int made this a lot closer game than it should've been. The game was ugly, a win, but ugly nonetheless [is that all one word?]. I find it hard to believe the colts arent watching the playoff race especially since coach may be there. After the texans monumental loss to NE the seedings are far from being set, I actually like it that way because it's more exciting and every game has a lot more meaning. The AFC north is going to be exciting to watch the rest of the way. The ravens could've distanced themselves from pitt and cincy but failed to do so. Now houston seems like they could lose out on the #1 seed and showed they are very beatable. I still think the colts will be very lucky to win the south but if I've learned anything they do have Luck on their side. I really hope after the denver game the ravens can pull it together and get and keep the 4 seed and play the colts, a game I truly believe they could win. I also think no matter who wins the north the colts could hang w/ the other 2 teams as well, I just think the ravens defense is not that good and we match up with them really well. Any thought on who you guys [or gals] would like to be the first playoff matchup to be? I just hope they can get healthy and make the most of it. I have to say just getting this young team some experience in the playoffs, whatever the outcome, will be a great learning experience for a young team. Houston does look vulnerable after that blowout tonight so I could see the colts possibly splitting the 2 games, I would'nt have thought that 2 days ago. I will say this If indy does'nt go all the way then I want Peyton to win it all, I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way [or not just speculating]. After tonights game I really believe the pats and Broncos are the 2 top teams in the AFC. I think it's very likely the Broncos have a 1st round bye and will have home field if they do face the pats in the AFC championship. After the Broncos earlier loss to denver they have come a long way and I think they could be headed for the superbowl. Please don't think I've given up on indy, I haven't but if Indy can't do it I'd certainly love to see Peyton take it all. I will always see Peyton as a Colt and will always root for him but he's not our QB any longer so untill the colts are out of it or Manning if playing someone else I'll be cheering him on.

vCash
    Well the Texans didn't step up to the challenge of basically all but putting the division away against a really good team.

How will they come out against us? I posted this earlier but this Texans team has never really been challenged in this way and stepped up. They have beat some really good teams this year so I'm not talking about that.L

ast year when they finally won the division they also lost their final 3 games against us, Tenn, and Carolina and barely took it from Tenn when they probably could have ended with the top seed and should have at the very least the #2 seed and a bye...granted they did lose Schaub but they did find a way to win a playoff game without him so they weren't a hapless team without him...which we were.

In the past they have had injuries which they do not have this year...but everyone deals with injuries granted not always to their star WR, RB or QB like the Texans have...I'm really excited to see how both teams handle the pressure of being up against it and having everything to play for...since we control our own destiny and Houston is looking for the Division and the top seed in the AFC...

Personally I think we take this first game if for no other reason than Luck seems to excel with the weight of the team on his shoulders....and Houston has a history of folding with pressure the few times they have had it.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-11-2012 at 09:04 AM.

vCash
    The #Colts cannot clinch a playoff spot this week.

- Kuharsky

We need to beat KC next week.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    ^^^^^ unless steelers and jets lose.. Steelers already lost soo pray for the titans to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinCollie17 View Post
    ^^^^^ unless steelers and jets lose.. Steelers already lost soo pray for the titans to win
    No, i read that even if the Jets lose, we still don't clinch.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    #Colts will have to wait week to try to clinch wild-card playoff spot unless Steelers, Jets both lose.
    From Phil wilson

vCash
    Wait, never mind. Colts cannot clinch. Stepping away before my brain implodes.
    - Stampede blue

Clinch Postseason Berth Win OR
    Tie plus Bengals loss (or tie) OR
    Tie plus Steelers loss (or tie) OR
    Tie plus Ravens win OR
    NYJ loss or tie plus Bengals loss OR
    NYJ loss (or tie) plus Ravens win plus Bengals tie plus Steelers tie

<3

vCash
    Nvm lol we're close

vCash
    I've got to start out by saying how much I hate the Pats. Now they are sitting in 3rd in the AFC seeding. I hope Indy can win 1 more game and hopefully lock up the 5th seed which looks like it'd be a matchup with the AFC north winner. I really believe they're best chance to advance is by facing the ravens/bengals/steelers [whoever wins the division]. I really don't want to see Indy have to go back to NE so that makes this next game a must win for the 5th seed, hopefully they won't be in a situation where they must win both. I do think they will give the texans a better game at home and would love to see them kick the crap out of 'em. I think if they beat KC then they'll get the 5 seed because the rest of the teams aren't good enough to win out. [hope im not proven wrong]. If Indy can get a playoff win that could get them on a hot streak and possibly go deeper. I love the colts and would love to see them go to the superbowl, I do not think that'll happen this year, I do think it's not too far off. If Indy isn't the team, then like many of you, I want to see Peyton Manning win his 2nd SB. I really can see Peyton, with that defense, beating pretty much anyone. They have won the last 9 games [ longest win streak in the NFL] and the 3 losses were to 3 of the best teams in the league and Peyton came back to make it close in the end. Now that Peyton has got back in the swing of it and the team has had time to gel they look unbeatable. I know this is a colts thread but to me if Indy doesn't win I will want Peyton to go all the way. How do guys feel about it? which 2 teams do you think goes to the SB?

vCash
    Ya, def don't want to see us go back to NE in the Wild Card round.

vCash
    I think we can beat any AFC North team.. i really like where we're at right now.

<3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12