Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He's never really had a chance. He came up and did fine for the most part in 2010. Was injured for most of 2011. And Valley Fever got the best of him last season.

We know what he is capable of doing. To your point, he hasn't been able to sustain consistency. But to my point, it's unfair to say unequivocally that he'll never be able to.

From my eyes there's every reason to believe he will if given time and a chance. But we'll see.
    No arguments here..

It will only be Ike's 4th major league season next season, he can still certainly grow into a more well rounded hitter/ player.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-08-2012 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    1. PHL seriously overpayed for Revere

2. They aren't the Anaheim Angels anymore but you keep calling them that just playin with ya

But seriously, what offer would you have made thats better then what PHL gave up?
    1. Worley prob a 4 starter at best IMO....

2. May is looking more and more like a bullpen guy (that could change, but he's headed that way...he just can't find strike zone)

3. WE have a young cost controlled centerfielder for years to come...He needs work getting on base a little more but he's only 24.

Good trade

vCash
    His bogus arguments? Please go back to some of my statements towards you and defend yourself. You make no sense at all.
    You're as wrong as him pal. You two know next to nothing about baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Being the 3rd and 4th best players on a bad team is not an accomplishment, and I'm not saying I wouldn't have traded for one of those guys, just not for the cost equal or greater than what the Twins got in both deals.

While our speed and defense would have improved, out offense would not and we'd still be complaining about punchless hitters that hit singles and nothing else.
    You couldn't possibly tell me that if the Mets acquired Revere that he doesn't instantly become the best outfielder on the Mets who had an anemic outfield last season consisting of the likes of Bay, Duda, Torres, Kirk, Baxter & Valdespin at times. Hairston was the best offensive outfielder we had but is a below average defender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djmar View Post
    1. Worley prob a 4 starter at best IMO....

2. May is looking more and more like a bullpen guy (that could change, but he's headed that way...he just can't find strike zone)

3. WE have a young cost controlled centerfielder for years to come...He needs work getting on base a little more but he's only 24.

Good trade
    An excellent trade for you guys IMO. Young and very talented. I have been clamoring for Revere since last trade deadline thinking that Minnesota was going fishing early that the Mets would be smart and pick up Revere but alas I was disappointed. Somebody mentioned on here that he is a 24 year old Juan Pierre and I couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Singles hitter with an OBP of under .350. Not sure why we're getting worked up over this guy.
    Revere sounds like Torres.

vCash
    So...........You'd obviously rather have this team;

Molina, LaRoche, Barney, Lawrie, Aybar, Hunter, Reddick, and Prado

than this team;

Mauer, Fielder, Pedroia, Zimmerman, Starlin Castro, Stanton, Holliday, and Josh Hamilton

Because that first team had a combined WAR greater than the second team,

So it's obviously the better team, right??

Oh, um.. you lose!
    Before Ike came up I was hoping the Mets would just sign LaRoche and most people on here called him a scrub. He was one of the main reasons the Nats won 98 games last season, won a silver slugger award and a gold glove. Not bad for a vagabond scrub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Revere sounds like Torres.
    Revere's left calf is actually intact though.

vCash
    You're the GM of the Mets. You get an offer of Ben Revere for Ike Davis straight up. Do you accept?

If the answer is yes, then just get the hell outta here cuz you're ridiculous.
    Ok, I don't know who would except that. 30+ homerun guys with gold glove potential don't grow on trees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    You are still underrating Ike and overrating Revere.

Revere is barely a quality starting CF. His offense is garbage. You can find better CFers out there. Its not that hard. He is decent, but not irreplaceably good. Lets not make him out to be a valuable commodity.

Ike on the other hand is just an average 1st baseman right now. This is correct. However, he still has massive upside and its more likely than not that he will begin to show what he can do sooner rather than later.

In this situation you just gotta use common sense and understand that Ike is a better player than the stats have indicated. He was good in the minors. He had a solid rookie year. He was off to a good start his sophomore year but got hurt. Then he struggled like hell for the first 2 months of last season. That could have been due to valley fever or pure rust, but he bounced back and actually played well from June on. Ike will be fine. He is vastly superior to Revere, who is barely a starting CF who only starts because he has speed and is decent in the field in a scarce position...but he makes very little impact at the plate at the end of the day.

There is no smart argument here. I'd rather have a gaping hole at CF and Ike at 1B than Revere and CF and someone like Duda playing 1B.

You will soon come to realize how unfairly you are underrating Ike, and how its ridiculous to make claim that Revere is a more valuable commodity.
    How is .294/.333/.342 with 40 Stolen basis out of your CF "garbage"? Do ever pay attention to players from other teams or do you never take off your blue and orage glasses?

You must've had studs in your outfield the last few years to find Revere's offense "garbage".
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quite simple Met fans, Sandy is the new M Donald Grant and Citifield is now Sandys tomb. Brought to you by the cheapo, Wilpons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No arguments here..

It will only be Ike's 4th major league season next season, he can still certainly grow into a more well rounded hitter/ player.
    And if he plays from start to finish it will be, for all intents and purposes, his first full season. For much of 2012, he had no business being in the major leagues.

But you and jomota are right in that we can't assume Ike will default to the player he is when he's doing well. He has to prove he can do that over the course of a full season.

I just like what I see.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetug View Post
    Quite simple Met fans, Sandy is the new M Donald Grant and Citifield is now Sandys tomb. Brought to you by the cheapo, Wilpons.

Wow. A fellow old timer!

But Sandy and M Donald are cut from different cloths. Sandy is a highly skilled business professional and communicator who has perfected the art of saying nothing while making it seem like something.

M. Donald was just an arrogant rich man who knew he held all the cards.
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Simply put, Revere would be the best outfielder on the Mets right now. But that isn't saying much. If it had only taken Gee to get him then I would do it. But I wouldn't trade Gee and Familia/Fulmer/Tapia for Revere. He's not enough of an impact player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Simply put, Revere would be the best outfielder on the Mets right now. But that isn't saying much. If it had only taken Gee to get him then I would do it. But I wouldn't trade Gee and Familia/Fulmer/Tapia for Revere. He's not enough of an impact player.
    I think the frustration here is that the Mets have a dire need for three major league outfielders and all we see is other teams like the Phillies trading for major league outfielders.

Hell, as bad as our outfield was last year it might even be worse in 2013 since we've already lost our best hitting outfielder, Scott Hairston.

Now THAT's pathetic.

That said:

Scott Hairston came out of nowhere these last two seasons. Nothing in his past suggested he would ever hit like he did in 2011 and 2012. I'm betting that he will be the next player to test positive.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast