Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    A 25-year old Juan Pierre would be the best OF on our team. Not trading for Revere was stupid.

And Revere does have great speed, Not "some speed". He's very fast and takes outs away. With the amount of pitching that we have stacked in our system, a deal could have, and should have been done.
    Not for what the Phils gave up. I'm not trading Gee and Familia for a guy like Revere. Might as well see what den Dekker can do out there since he's a defensive wiz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Good for them. They addressed a need for starting pitching but then left them two outfielders short by getting rid of both Span and Revere.
    They'll be fine. Those guys were nothing special.

They still have Trevor Plouffe, Aaron Hicks, Darin Mastroianni, and Oswaldo Arcia. The Twins did real well and I can see them being competitive in 2014 and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

They still have Trevor Plouffe, Aaron Hicks, Darin Mastroianni, and Oswaldo Arcia. The Twins did real well and I can see them being competitive in 2014 and beyond.
    And with us signing Wright and doing nothing else thus far how do you see the Mets in 2014 and beyond?

vCash
    Not for what the Phils gave up. I'm not trading Gee and Familia for a guy like Revere. Might as well see what den Dekker can do out there since he's a defensive wiz.
    If you traded Dickey for Butler and stuck him in left having guys like Revere and den Dekker would cover up for Butler's defense. But we'll never know now.

vCash

Crap.

Twins did freaking terrible. A terrible team got rid of their 3rd and 4th best players on their ENTIRE 25-MAN ROSTER for speculative garbage.

vCash
    Yeah, those guys were nothing special. They were their 3rd & 4th best players on their team last year, and they would have become our SECOND and THIRD best everyday player on our team if we would have made a move for them. Keep talking out your ***. Our lineup is freaking garbage and we keep passing up moves that would improve this team. Grabbing those two guys would have been a 6-7 WAR improvement to our team.

vCash
    If you traded Dickey for Butler and stuck him in left having guys like Revere and den Dekker would cover up for Butler's defense. But we'll never know now.
    Butler can not play left field though.

There is no question about his bat but having Revere wouldn't completely cover the crappy LF Butler would play.

Butler wont come cheap spec wise either, I know Duda sucks but at least he has experience in the OF.

Den Dekker is no guarantee for an OF spot because there is still many questions about his bat at the major league level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

There is no question about his bat but having Revere wouldn't completely cover the crappy LF Butler would play.

Butler wont come cheap spec wise either, I know Duda sucks but at least he has experience in the OF.

Den Dekker is no guarantee for an OF spot because there is still many questions about his bat at the major league level.
    If this braintrust thinks Duda can make it in right then certainly Butler could've made it in left. If you get two solid fielding outfielders Butler's defense isn't magnified so much but if your corner outfielders are Butler and Duda with a guy like Baxter in center then these games will seem like an eternity.

vCash
    And with us signing Wright and doing nothing else thus far how do you see the Mets in 2014 and beyond?
    There is significant OF help out there in 2014 FA if the Mets are willing to spend.

I am on the phone but there are websites for 2014 FA help that includes the catcher spot.

We "should" have significant payroll flexibility with 2 players under contract currently. This offseason isn't over quite yet either.

vCash

An outfield of Butler, Revere and Kirk is just fine by me......for now until we can get somebody better in right.

vCash
    There is significant OF help out there in 2014 FA if the Mets are willing to spend.

I am on the phone but there are websites for 2014 FA help that includes the catcher spot.

We "should" have significant payroll flexibility with 2 players under contract currently. This offseason isn't over quite yet either.
    With Bay and Santana off the books that's like close to 50 million free. I laugh that the Stinkees and those contracts are catching up to them.

vCash
    If this braintrust thinks Duda can make it in right then certainly Butler could've made it in left. If you get two solid fielding outfielders Butler's defense isn't magnified so much but if your corner outfielders are Butler and Duda with a guy like Baxter in center then these games will seem like an eternity.
    RF in Citi Field is more difficult to play than left.

vCash
    Crap.

Twins did freaking terrible. A terrible team got rid of their 3rd and 4th best players on their ENTIRE 25-MAN ROSTER for speculative garbage.
    Yeah, Revere and Span made a huge difference for them. Both of their offense is pretty bad, and their pitching staff still had a 4.77 ERA so it's not like their defense had some huge impact. They won 66 games. Both guys are valuable because they can play CF and they cashed in. They are rebuilding.

Alex Meyer and Trevor May are high upside arms that their system lacks and Worley gives them a young decent starter that has shown success in a small park in Philly.

They still have Darin Mastroianni(who put up 1.5 WAR in 186 PA), Aaron Hicks, and Oswaldo Arcia(both very good outfield prospects)

Revere also had a -1.56 WPA and Span had a -0.91 WPA. So they contributed more to losses with their bad offense.

vCash
    RF in Citi Field is more difficult to play than left.
    Hence why Butler would be in left and you ship Duda out on a rail.

vCash
    Yeah, those guys were nothing special. They were their 3rd & 4th best players on their team last year, and they would have become our SECOND and THIRD best everyday player on our team if we would have made a move for them. Keep talking out your ***. Our lineup is freaking garbage and we keep passing up moves that would improve this team. Grabbing those two guys would have been a 6-7 WAR improvement to our team.
    Being the 3rd and 4th best players on a bad team is not an accomplishment, and I'm not saying I wouldn't have traded for one of those guys, just not for the cost equal or greater than what the Twins got in both deals.

While our speed and defense would have improved, out offense would not and we'd still be complaining about punchless hitters that hit singles and nothing else.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast