Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Revere had a grand total of 19 extra base hits last year. Ike may double that in HR's alone. How is this even a discussion?
    It is a reaction because we haven't done anything yet.

I don't understand how anyone in this thread can be OK with trading Familia along with another player for this guy. If it was like Gee straight up or with a lower rated pitching prospect then go ahead.

I just see Familia ending up being very successful for this team in either the pen or rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Worley's Career stats.

K/9 - 7.71
    BB/9 - 3.18
    FIP - 3.57
    xFIP - 3.83
    GB% - 42.9%
    LOB% - 75.6
    HR/FB - 8.4
    SIERA - 3.92
    ERA - 3.50
    ERA+ - 112

Gee's career stats.

K/9 - 6.76
    BB/9 - 3.41
    FIP - 4.26
    xFIP - 4.19
    GB% - 48.4%
    LOB% - 71.5%
    HR/FB - 10.7
    SIERA - 4.21
    ERA - 4.06
    ERA+ - 93

Gee is 26 years old and will be 27 when next season comes along. Worley just turned 25 in September.

I dunno how anybody could come up with the conclusion that Gee is better than Worley, fact is Worley has been better and is a year and a half younger than Gee.
    I personally think that 2011 was a fluke for Worley, and the pitcher he really is is the pitcher we saw in 2012. He got incredibly lucky with called strikeouts and his stuff just isn't that good.

Gee on the other hand has shown the ability to miss bats with all of his pitches and get more grounders, so I think he's the better pitcher moving forward. However, like I said Worley has more value because of the season he had in 2011.

vCash
    This is so embarrassing. You're actually saying that Revere is better than Ike Davis. What's wrong with you? Because Revere had the higher WAR?

FYI, Darwin Barney had a higher WAR than Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, Dustin Pedroia, Edwin Encarnacion, Joe Mauer, Matt Holliday.... oh and there's plenty more..

I don't understand why these teams are offering these top players for Darwin Barney straight up.... he has the higher WAR so he's obviously the better player, right?

Fact: OF Revere+1B Duda would win more games than OF Duda+1B Davis.

Sorry if you don't like facts, but they are what they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Ok, so when facts and stats prove your point wrong, then that person is crazy?
    Facts, stats, and context haven't stopped you in this argument, so just continue rambling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Well now you see why they are trying to trade Dickey for an OF.

And in IMO Bourn is a poor investment for the money he is asking for.
    But there are no established OF's worth trading a Cy Young Award winner for straight up. There is Justin Upton but I don't even think the Mets are in the conversation. If the Angels traded us Bourjos and a reliever like Jepsen then go for it but I seriously doubt they will part with both those guys for Dickey. If Dickey was eight years younger they'd be getting the moon offered for his services. And I agree 100% on Bourn, a very poor investment but you know as well as I do some idiot GM will bend over for Boras.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Fact: OF Revere+1B Duda would win more games than OF Duda+1B Davis.

Sorry if you don't like facts, but they are what they are.
    LOL you want a fact?

Fact: you saying it's a fact that Revere+Duda would win more games than Duda+Davis is impossible to call a fact.

What I do know is Revere is a decent fielding OF with a terrible arm and can only hit singles and steal bases. And in any given season, Ike Davis could double Revere's extra bases in HR's alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    But there are no established OF's worth trading a Cy Young Award winner for straight up. There is Justin Upton but I don't even think the Mets are in the conversation. If the Angels traded us Bourjos and a reliever like Jepsen then go for it but I seriously doubt they will part with both those guys for Dickey. If Dickey was eight years younger they'd be getting the moon offered for his services. And I agree 100% on Bourn, a very poor investment but you know as well as I do some idiot GM will bend over for Boras.
    Arizona wants a top SS prospect. That is why we can't get him.

Olt or Meyers should be the end game for Dickey. If Texas can't get Grienke they will over pay for Dickey.

vCash
    Why don't we just sign Nolan Ryan to pitch. I heard he was good once.

vCash
    LOL you want a fact?

Fact: you saying it's a fact that Revere+Duda would win more games than Duda+Davis is impossible to call a fact.

What I do know is Revere is a decent fielding OF with a terrible arm and can only hit singles and steal bases. And in any given season, Ike Davis could double Revere's extra bases in HR's alone.

When Ike puts together a full-season of solid ABs and doesn't go into repeated slumps, let me know. Until then, he's nothing more than an mediocre/average first basemen in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I personally think that 2011 was a fluke for Worley, and the pitcher he really is is the pitcher we saw in 2012. He got incredibly lucky with called strikeouts and his stuff just isn't that good.

Gee on the other hand has shown the ability to miss bats with all of his pitches and get more grounders, so I think he's the better pitcher moving forward. However, like I said Worley has more value because of the season he had in 2011.
    Philly hyped Worley up. If they really felt like he was going to be something special as their fourth starter they would not have parted with him, not for Revere. Minnesota thinks they got the better end of the deal but mark my words if Revere is indeed hitting leadoff he will score 100+ runs with about 50 steals not to mention win a gold glove in center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

Again, both had similar years in 2012, so to say that Gee is better than Worley is making a false statement. So far I heard the words "I Think" used to make an argument, well that does not sound like a reasonable argument to prove a point. Age and performance on the field favor Worley as of now. Can it change going forward? Impossible to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Philly hyped Worley up. If they really felt like he was going to be something special as their fourth starter they would not have parted with him, not for Revere. Minnesota thinks they got the better end of the deal but mark my words if Revere is indeed hitting leadoff he will score 100+ runs with about 50 steals not to mention win a gold glove in center.
    See this statement is not reasonable either because it could be that the Phils GM is just not a good one and his record so far since taking over is not great by any means. Ask Philly fans what they think of him.

vCash
    Until he got hurt, Gee was clearly better than Worley in 2012. That's not even debatable except in Fantasy Land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    When Ike puts together a full-season of solid ABs and doesn't go into repeated slumps, let me know. Until then, he's nothing more than an mediocre/average first basemen in this league.
    Not many mediocre first basemen hit 30+ homeruns and play solid defense. He started off slow coming back from injury but if he's healthy starting the season and gets off to a solid start like the in 2011 he can hit around .300 and it seemed like he started taking more walks in the second half last season so maybe he's on the right track at the plate.

vCash
    ...but I stand by my previous statement, if the Mets would of dangle Gee and Mazzoni for Revere, then I would of pulled the trigger, maybe they did talk and the Twins asked for more than that and the Mets balked. Or maybe Alderson was just too busy dealing with the whole Dickey situation.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast