Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 203
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,374
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Gee > Worley.
    I agree, but not in the baseball world. Gee never had a season like Worley's in 2011.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    You're as wrong as him pal. You two know next to nothing about baseball.
    Sure, and if you were in charge, we woulda traded Ike Davis for Revere and you'd be blind enough to think we got the better deal.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Worley's Career stats.

    K/9 - 7.71
    BB/9 - 3.18
    FIP - 3.57
    xFIP - 3.83
    GB% - 42.9%
    LOB% - 75.6
    HR/FB - 8.4
    SIERA - 3.92
    ERA - 3.50
    ERA+ - 112

    Gee's career stats.

    K/9 - 6.76
    BB/9 - 3.41
    FIP - 4.26
    xFIP - 4.19
    GB% - 48.4%
    LOB% - 71.5%
    HR/FB - 10.7
    SIERA - 4.21
    ERA - 4.06
    ERA+ - 93

    Gee is 26 years old and will be 27 when next season comes along. Worley just turned 25 in September.


    I dunno how anybody could come up with the conclusion that Gee is better than Worley, fact is Worley has been better and is a year and a half younger than Gee.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Ok, I don't know who would except that. 30+ homerun guys with gold glove potential don't grow on trees.
    Maybe you missed the conversations going on a few pages back, but MetsWon and WrightStuff were making arguments that we'd be better off with Revere than Ike. One guy actually said Revere was better and WrightStuff just thinks whoever has the better WAR, is the better player.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    The one thing that is in Gee's favor when comparing the two is that Gee has been getting better and Worley has been regressing since they made their debuts.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Worley's Career stats.

    K/9 - 7.71
    BB/9 - 3.18
    FIP - 3.57
    xFIP - 3.83
    GB% - 42.9%
    LOB% - 75.6
    HR/FB - 8.4
    SIERA - 3.92
    ERA - 3.50
    ERA+ - 112

    Gee's career stats.

    K/9 - 6.76
    BB/9 - 3.41
    FIP - 4.26
    xFIP - 4.19
    GB% - 48.4%
    LOB% - 71.5%
    HR/FB - 10.7
    SIERA - 4.21
    ERA - 4.06
    ERA+ - 93

    Gee is 26 years old and will be 27 when next season comes along. Worley just turned 25 in September.


    I dunno how anybody could come up with the conclusion that Gee is better than Worley, fact is Worley has been better and is a year and a half younger than Gee.
    Good post... every time i mention Worley being better than Gee, all the big time homer Mets fans come out to say I'm crazy and they go on overvaluing out players like usual. Pretty annoying actually. Worley has had a better career so far and is younger. Not sure how anyone would really prefer Gee over Worley.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,480
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Worley's Career stats.

    K/9 - 7.71
    BB/9 - 3.18
    FIP - 3.57
    xFIP - 3.83
    GB% - 42.9%
    LOB% - 75.6
    HR/FB - 8.4
    SIERA - 3.92
    ERA - 3.50
    ERA+ - 112

    Gee's career stats.

    K/9 - 6.76
    BB/9 - 3.41
    FIP - 4.26
    xFIP - 4.19
    GB% - 48.4%
    LOB% - 71.5%
    HR/FB - 10.7
    SIERA - 4.21
    ERA - 4.06
    ERA+ - 93

    Gee is 26 years old and will be 27 when next season comes along. Worley just turned 25 in September.


    I dunno how anybody could come up with the conclusion that Gee is better than Worley, fact is Worley has been better and is a year and a half younger than Gee.
    Which direction are they both going? Case closed. Worley best year is better than Gee's, but I wouldn't bet on him duplicating that. Gee's stuff is simply better at this point. Gee was way better than him last year before his artery problem, despite being very unlucky with HRs.

    Would you trade Gee for Worley right now?

  8. #143
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,480
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Good post... every time i mention Worley being better than Gee, all the big time homer Mets fans come out to say I'm crazy and they go on overvaluing out players like usual. Pretty annoying actually. Worley has had a better career so far and is younger. Not sure how anyone would really prefer Gee over Worley.
    You are crazy, and it wasn't a good post. At this point, Gee is better than him, period. I'm not sure how anyone would really prefer Worley over Gee right now. I think it's asinine.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Stop embarassing yourself. When you have an opportunity to add 7 WAR with 2 players through trading fringe players and prospects, when your 2nd best everyday player is a 2 WAR player, you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Revere would be the 2nd best every day player on our roster if added. Nothing else you say matters. So once again, you lose.
    This is so embarrassing. You're actually saying that Revere is better than Ike Davis. What's wrong with you? Because Revere had the higher WAR?

    FYI, Darwin Barney had a higher WAR than Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, Dustin Pedroia, Edwin Encarnacion, Joe Mauer, Matt Holliday.... oh and there's plenty more..

    I don't understand why these teams are offering these top players for Darwin Barney straight up.... he has the higher WAR so he's obviously the better player, right?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    No, because is a lateral move with no purpose as to improving the team.

    Again I mention that Gee has gotten better while Worley has regressed but even with that said their year last year was pretty similar.

    Just as anybody could say that they do not think Worley can duplicate his success, well I have my doubts about Gee duplicating what he did last year in his 100 innings going forward.

    Bottom line is 30 out of 30 teams likely would value the guy with the better stats who is younger.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    You are crazy, and it wasn't a good post. At this point, Gee is better than him, period. I'm not sure how anyone would really prefer Worley over Gee right now. I think it's asinine.
    Ok, so when facts and stats prove your point wrong, then that person is crazy?

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He could give the Mets more speed, but with all that speed he had 13 doubles and 6 triples. So it isn't like he was doing those extra things that Reyes could. The one thing he did do was steal bases after hitting those singles. In turn that makes it an extra base hit.

    Gee or Familia wouldn't have beat the Phillies package. If Gee and Familia are seen as the same type of package we would have to hope they valued our package more. If not we would have to of added to the deal and then it makes it even more of a LOL moment to do the deal.

    I want this team improved just like the next guy. I also understand they want to see what they get back for Dickey if they trade him to move on. I will be pissed if we end up keeping Dickey, don't improve by trades, and have to sign some bums to play the OF.

    It was my understanding though that at least 1 of Kirk and Duda were going to be in the OF anyways to start the year.
    Until Kirk can prove he can stay healthy he can't be depended upon and Duda slumps way too long for stretches that you have to take that along with his piss poor defense in right. They need a defensive minded outfielder who can give them something at the top of the lineup and from what I see out there Revere, Bourn and Bourjos fit the bill but now Revere is in Philly, Bourn is way out of their price range and I don't really think the Angels want any of our garbage except for Dickey and Niese and Bourjos hasn't proven enough to where I would trade either of those two guys for him straight up.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,008
    vCash
    1500
    Revere had a grand total of 19 extra base hits last year. Ike may double that in HR's alone. How is this even a discussion? Oh yea, because WrightStuff says Revere would be the second best player on the team it must be true.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,170
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Until Kirk can prove he can stay healthy he can't be depended upon and Duda slumps way too long for stretches that you have to take that along with his piss poor defense in right. They need a defensive minded outfielder who can give them something at the top of the lineup and from what I see out there Revere, Bourn and Bourjos fit the bill but now Revere is in Philly, Bourn is way out of their price range and I don't really think the Angels want any of our garbage except for Dickey and Niese and Bourjos hasn't proven enough to where I would trade either of those two guys for him straight up.
    Well now you see why they are trying to trade Dickey for an OF.

    And in IMO Bourn is a poor investment for the money he is asking for.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Maybe you missed the conversations going on a few pages back, but MetsWon and WrightStuff were making arguments that we'd be better off with Revere than Ike. One guy actually said Revere was better and WrightStuff just thinks whoever has the better WAR, is the better player.
    I read those but I have posted there is no way I trade a 30+ homer gold glove caliber first baseman for Revere straight up, no way. I wanted Revere but for somebody like Gee or Familia. Revere will help Philly offensively better than what people are giving him credit for. If Rollins has any type of heartbeat offensively in 2013 he'll be around if not over 100 RBI if Revere improves on his plate discipline.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •