Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Any GM could have done what RAJ did for the Phills. They had a core set in place and he just went out and traded everything they had for lower market teams best players.

Most Phillies fans hate him because of the contracts he gives out and the fact he keeps making their team older.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    See this statement is not reasonable either because it could be that the Phils GM is just not a good one and his record so far since taking over is not great by any means. Ask Philly fans what they think of him.
    What's not reasonable about it? The Phillies outfield even with Victorino and Ibanez for the first half of last season was poor. Brown and Mayberry haven't showed yet that they are worth their weight in cow flop so instead of breaking the bank for Bourn and bowing down to Boras' demands they got a younger, cheaper outfielder who will help them in the field and leading off.

vCash
    Again they had similar years with similar innings pitch. Was gee slightly better? yeah, but again that is cherry picking stats to try and prove a point and hence why SSS is always a silly way to evaluate two players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Philly hyped Worley up. If they really felt like he was going to be something special as their fourth starter they would not have parted with him, not for Revere. Minnesota thinks they got the better end of the deal but mark my words if Revere is indeed hitting leadoff he will score 100+ runs with about 50 steals not to mention win a gold glove in center.
    I really, really, don't think Revere is that good. He has great range in the outfield, but his arm is atrocious and he literally needs to hit .300 every season to be below average with the bat.

vCash
    Again, both had similar years in 2012, so to say that Gee is better than Worley is making a false statement. So far I heard the words "I Think" used to make an argument, well that does not sound like a reasonable argument to prove a point. Age and performance on the field favor Worley as of now. Can it change going forward? Impossible to say.
    Worley has had more success so far in the big leagues, but I think Gee is the better pitcher. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I really, really, don't think Revere is that good. He has great range in the outfield, but his arm is atrocious and he literally needs to hit .300 every season to be below average with the bat.
    The way people were acting after he got traded you would think this guy was a young Carlos Beltran.

vCash
    ...but I stand by my previous statement, if the Mets would of dangle Gee and Mazzoni for Revere, then I would of pulled the trigger, maybe they did talk and the Twins asked for more than that and the Mets balked. Or maybe Alderson was just too busy dealing with the whole Dickey situation.
    Too busy dealing with Dickey to address the main problem on this team which is the entire outfield? I am sure Alderson could've have made a call with Minnesota and inquired to them seeing as they were shopping both Revere and Span.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    What's not reasonable about it? The Phillies outfield even with Victorino and Ibanez for the first half of last season was poor. Brown and Mayberry haven't showed yet that they are worth their weight in cow flop so instead of breaking the bank for Bourn and bowing down to Boras' demands they got a younger, cheaper outfielder who will help them in the field and leading off.
    No, the getting Revere to help them statement is not unreasonable, the statement saying that they got rid of Worley because they did not think much off him was.

I go by the old saying that to get something you have to give up something, so to get Revere who could be a solid player for them, they gave up Worley was a solid starter for them.

vCash
    Ike will NEVER hit .300 over the course of a full season. If we're lucky he'll become a regular .270/.360/.470, 30 HR guy, and as a first basemen that makes him about a 4 WAR player. That is best case dream scenario for Ike and he's yet to put that together.

As far as defensive goes, He is above average at picking out bad throws from the other infielders, but his overall range and fielding as a defensive first basemen is highly overrated on this forums. He's fairly average defensive glove at a position that is the least demanding position on the diamond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The way people were acting after he got traded you would think this guy was a young Carlos Beltran.
    He can be the next Juan Pierre with a better glove and I would certainly take that on this club.

vCash
    Word. This is not a player we should getting angry about. Honestly, I would have much rather get Span over this guy even though Span makes more money. He at least gets on base and plays a very good proven CF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Ike will NEVER hit .300 over the course of a full season. If we're lucky he'll become a regular .270/.360/.470, 30 HR guy, and as a first basemen that makes him about a 4 WAR player. That is best case dream scenario for Ike and he's yet to put that together.

As far as defensive goes, He is above average at picking out bad throws from the other infielders, but his overall range and fielding as a defensive first basemen is highly overrated on this forums. He's fairly average defensive glove at a position that is the least demanding position on the diamond.
    The SLG seems low to me. I see a .260/.350/.510 guy with great defense at 1B if everything goes right.

vCash
    Worley has had more success so far in the big leagues, but I think Gee is the better pitcher. We'll see.
    There goes those 2 words again.

vCash

Just a simple case of baseball novices who do not understand the winning value of repeatedly taking away outs from the other team.

vCash
    There goes those 2 words again.
    It's just my opinion dude. Fact is, Worley has been better, but I feel there is more evidence to show Gee will be better moving forward. You can disagree if you'd like.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast