Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He does have better rWAR and fWAR value than Ike.

Revere is the better player, there are a lot of 1st baseman in the major leagues like Ike.
    Oh come on. This is an example of good numbers gone bad. Using Ike's numbers for the entire 2012 season to define him as a player is misleading and out of context.

Trust me, by early June, Ike won't be hitting .123 this time around.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Yes but what's a more valuable asset or for that matter easier to develop or acquire?

A .850 OPS first baseman or a quality CF?

Revere would have been a good acquisition same with Span, the problem is price.
    Revere is barely a quality CF. His offense is not quality at all.

I'd take the .850 OPS first baseman in a heart beat. Especially if that first baseman is a great defender.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Oh come on. This is an example of good numbers gone bad. Using Ike's numbers for the entire 2012 season to define him as a player is misleading and out of context.

Trust me, by early June, Ike won't be hitting .123 this time around.
    Come FOC u know WAR values are different based on position.

Ike's value is more similar to many other 1st baseman unlike Span or Revere.

There are a lot of 1st baseman with Ike's strengths and specific peripherals that make him valuable. That's not the casewith Span or Revere.

I love Ike but I wouldn't expect his traditionals like BA to be any better than .250 next year.

His glove also regressed last year.

Saying that, no I wouldn't expect him to hit .158 into June next year so of course he should be better in 2013.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Really though. People think that Revere is better than Ike.

LMAO!
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    You are overrating Revere lol

Thats the problem.
    DUDA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    You are overrating Revere lol

Thats the problem.
    The numbers don't lie.

If Ike is more consistent next year with similar power of course he is the better player.

Ike has to be more like the second half Ike over the whole year, that's tough to do over a whole season with Ike's specific offensive skillset.

He still doesn't hit lefties, strikes out too much, is very streaku, and again hasn't taken that next step yet.

Saying that, he certainly could next year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    The valley fever certainly played a part in his slow start last year but how much we will find out next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    this is the problem when people only use advanced metrics--they have their uses but if it were that easy we would be contenders already calm down this guy would be the best we have but thats not saying much on most teams he doesnt sniff the field
    Please. What a load of crap. Revere could start for 22-24 teams in this league.

vCash

vCash
    The numbers don't lie.

If Ike is more consistent next year with similar power of course he is the better player.

Ike has to be more like the second half Ike over the whole year, that's tough to do over a whole season with Ike's specific offensive skillset.

He still doesn't hit lefties, strikes out too much, is very streaku, and again hasn't taken that next step yet.

Saying that, he certainly could next year.
    I'm on your side regarding Ike. Everything you have said about him is spot on.

What you may not realize (and I found out the hard way) is that you cannot bring up any criticism on this forum regarding Ike.

vCash
    So are we ignoring stats now? Revere has -4 DRS in over 1100 innings in the big leagues and 9 UZR/150 in his career in CF. So overall he's an average/slightly above average defensive CF with good range but an atrocious arm.

Add that with his pretty bad offense and you have an average player. The Twins sold high on two overrated former 1st round picks. Solid players, but not players I'd trade significant pieces for unless I'm desperate.

Revere is not better than Ike Davis. Lets be real here. We trade Ike for Revere straight up and we'll suck way more.

vCash
    Come FOC u know WAR values are different based on position.

Ike's value is more similar to many other 1st baseman unlike Span or Revere.

There are a lot of 1st baseman with Ike's strengths and specific peripherals that make him valuable. That's not the casewith Span or Revere.

I love Ike but I wouldn't expect his traditionals like BA to be any better than .250 next year.

His glove also regressed last year.

Saying that, no I wouldn't expect him to hit .158 into June next year so of course he should be better in 2013.
    His whole game regressed last year because for the most part he wasnt himself. But when he's right, he's more of an impact player than Revere could ever be.

At any rate, using Ike's numbers from last season to define him is just wrong.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I'm on your side regarding Ike. Everything you have said about him is spot on.

What you may not realize (and I found out the hard way) is that you cannot bring up any criticism on this forum regarding Ike.
    Ok, I'm reporting you for that remark! Guards!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    So are we ignoring stats now? Revere has -4 DRS in over 1100 innings in the big leagues and 9 UZR/150 in his career in CF. So overall he's an average/slightly above average defensive CF with good range but an atrocious arm.

Add that with his pretty bad offense and you have an average player. The Twins sold high on two overrated former 1st round picks. Solid players, but not players I'd trade significant pieces for unless I'm desperate.

Revere is not better than Ike Davis. Lets be real here. We trade Ike for Revere straight up and we'll suck way more.
    Same old Stuna. Cherry Picking stats to prop up his terrible, dumbfounded arguments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Same old Stuna. Cherry Picking stats to prop up his terrible, dumbfounded arguments.
    Prove me wrong then instead of calling my arguement stupid. All you've said so far is "zOMG two 7 WAR players instant upgraid!!!!"

16. 12-07-2012, 10:12 PM
    Reason
    Avoiding filter and insults

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast