Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Hence why Butler would be in left and you ship Duda out on a rail.
    Depends on the asking price, I would think the Royals would want Wheeler or Harvey in return.

He's a quality hitter with a team friendly contract.

vCash
    Also, just how good in Revere in CF? He picked up most of his defensive value playing RF, not CF. His arm is horrific and while he is extremely fast, his arm will hurt his defense.

Revere has a -4 DRS in CF in 1123 innings and 9.2 UZR/150, not elite by any means and pair that with his bat, and you have a pretty average player. Definitely wouldn't trade one of my better prospects and rotation starters for that. I'd much rather go get Bourjos who is a proven elite defensive CF.

vCash
    Stop embarassing yourself. When you have an opportunity to add 7 WAR with 2 players through trading fringe players and prospects, when your 2nd best everyday player is a 2 WAR player, you do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Stop embarassing yourself. When you have an opportunity to add 7 WAR with 2 players through trading fringe players and prospects, when your 2nd best everyday player is a 2 WAR player, you do it.
    No one is embarrassing themselves but you. Span and Revere are solid average players that make sense for teams that will be competitive. We need players that will make an impact. They made absolutely no impact on the Twins.

I would have gotten Span because he is a better CF, knows how to get on base, and has a little bit more power. I don't like Revere, and I don't think he is that great of a CF based on stats and his noodle arm.

vCash
    Revere would be the 2nd best every day player on our roster if added. Nothing else you say matters. So once again, you lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Revere would be the 2nd best every day player on our roster if added. Nothing else you say matters. So once again, you lose.
    What? lol

Ben Revere is not better than Ike Davis. Thats laughable.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    What? lol

Ben Revere is not better than Ike Davis. Thats laughable.
    He does have better rWAR and fWAR value than Ike.

Revere is the better player, there are a lot of 1st baseman in the major leagues like Ike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Singles hitter with an OBP of under .350. Not sure why we're getting worked up over this guy.
    We shouldn't. He is not good.

People need to be a bit more patient lol.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He does have better rWAR and fWAR value than Ikr.

Revere is the better player, there are a lot of 1st baseman in the league like Ike Davis.
    Yeah and Ike had a horrible first two months of the season that I doubt he duplicates ever again.

The idea that Revere is a better player than Ike is laughable. Seriously, we will be laughing at this comparison one day...quite possibly in the near future.

Ike finished with only a .305 OBP last year. That won't happen again. I'll bet you my house that he finishes with an OBP somewhere around .350 if not higher next year.

Second half of the season Ike had an OPS of nearly .900.

Ike >>>>>>>>>>> Revere

vCash
    Ike just had an awful April and May. After that he was rock solid...way better than Revere will ever dream of being.

vCash
    Ike just had an awful April and May. After that he was rock solid...way better than Revere will ever dream of being.
    Yes but what's a more valuable asset or for that matter easier to develop or acquire?

A .850 OPS first baseman or a quality CF?

Revere would have been a good acquisition same with Span, the problem is price.

vCash
    Let's see Ike put together a whole season before we declare him a clear #2. He's clearly slump prone and gets frustrated easily. Could easily keep him from entering that next tier of MLB first baseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but what's a more valuable asset or for that matter easier to develop or acquire?

A .850 OPS first baseman or a quality CF?

Revere would have been a good acquisition same with Span, the problem is price.

I think Worley is way overrated, and May looks like a bullpen power arm to me. The Phillies sold high on both guys. Minnesota will end up the big losers in this deal, take it to the bank.

vCash
    Yeah and Ike had a horrible first two months of the season that I doubt he duplicates ever again.

The idea that Revere is a better player than Ike is laughable. Seriously, we will be laughing at this comparison one day...quite possibly in the near future.

Ike finished with only a .305 OBP last year. That won't happen again. I'll bet you my house that he finishes with an OBP somewhere around .350 if not higher next year.

Second half of the season Ike had an OPS of nearly .900.

Ike >>>>>>>>>>> Revere
    this is the problem when people only use advanced metrics--they have their uses but if it were that easy we would be contenders already calm down this guy would be the best we have but thats not saying much on most teams he doesnt sniff the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    this is the problem when people only use advanced metrics--they have their uses but if it were that easy we would be contenders already calm down this guy would be the best we have but thats not saying much on most teams he doesnt sniff the field
    Revere or Span could be quite a bit of help on a contending team in need of a leadoff hitter not just a mediocre team like the Mets.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast