Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Revere Should Have Been Obtained

I guess that's why Philly stays competitve. I can't see why the Mets couldn't have traded for him unless Bourjos is in the cards by trading Dickey to Anaheim. Revere is a very nice pick up for the Phillies, cheaper and younger than Bourn. We need a guy who can cover alot of ground in the outfield and Revere would have fit the bill. Not an offensive juggernaut by any means but has much needed speed and is an excellent defender.

vCash
    1. PHL seriously overpayed for Revere

2. They aren't the Anaheim Angels anymore but you keep calling them that just playin with ya

But seriously, what offer would you have made thats better then what PHL gave up?

vCash
    They traded a very solid starter for him.. we don't have the luxury of doing that.

vCash
    Revere is a solid ball player. I think the Phillies did fine. Worley is not a good pitcher. I would have parted with Familia (plus another prospect if necessary) for Revere in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Revere is a solid ball player. I think the Phillies did fine. Worley is not a good pitcher. I would have parted with Familia (plus another prospect if necessary) for Revere in a heartbeat.
    Agreed, so would I, but I also don't think that would be better than what PHL sent.

vCash
    Familia+Duda might have gotten it done.

Sorry, Vance Worley isn't a hot commodity. He doesn't throw that hard. He's a backend 4+ ERA starter in the NL with no further ceiling to grow. He'll get dinged up in the AL.

vCash
    ^maybe you didn't notice, but Duda sucks and they wanted pitching. Familia is still just a prospect and not a very high ranked prospect. He BARELY cracks the top 100.

Taylor May isn't far behind Familia, plus they got Worley who isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. He had a good 2011 season and his 2012 season is very similar to the seasons Niese had in 2010 and 2011, Not completely terrible but not that great either.

Familia+Duda wouldn't have been better for MIN than Worley+May. Every analyst I've read or seen talk about this trade say PHL overpaid.

Anyways, I'm glad we didn't get him based on what PHL had to send. If it cost less, then sure I woulda taken Revere. I like what he brings.

vCash
    Would anyone have given up Gee + Fulmer?

I don't think I would.

And that seems pretty close to Worley + May.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

I don't think I would.

This is a better comp.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash

Revere Should Have Been Obtained

I was thinking that Gee and Familia/Mejia was a good comp more than Fulmer, but even that might be an overpay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I was thinking that Gee and Familia/Mejia was a good comp more than Fulmer, but even that might be an overpay.
    Exactly my thinking. Gee and Familia seems like an accurate comp, and I would definitely NOT make that deal.

vCash
    Yeah, I'd rather hold onto the solid starters we have now than overpay for a guy who just had his first good season, even though he is under control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

I don't think I would.

Gee is the last guy in the rotation…totally replaceable

Fulmer…2nd level prospect/suspect if that. Totally replaceable

Mets need 3 outfielders. Even if we are overpaying a little (and it doesn't sound like we would be), this is a 4th/5th place team. Take a little chance here.

If this deal could have been made for Gee and Fulmer you do it. The Gees and Fulmers are always out there.

vCash
    I think Alderson does not see the Mets in a position to overpay for a player. The Phillies are trying to win now. The Mets are trying to build a better team, but not at the expense of later. Also, SA might perceive Rivere as more easily replaceable than a young 5th starter.

In order to acquire Rivera, meeting the Phillies offer with a matching comp might not have been enough, and SA would have to exceed it marginally at least.

We don't know the Twins perception of the players they received from Philly or their perception of equitable players the Mets might offer. That could go either way.

Does anyone remember Bombo Rivera? The name just snuck up on me. **** Im old.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...iverbo01.shtml
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    IDK its A LOT to give up. I just don't think we had the pieces to get it done. Also there is no way I trade Dickey for Bourjos. Maybe Dickey for Bourjos and Cowart but its time to face the facts that Bourjos is 26 years old and hasn't reached anywhere near his potential.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast