Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The RB position

vCash

The RB position

Just want to know what you guys think. Jennings 3 carries for -1 yrd. who got benched for Parmele. Like our defense without Smith I think Greg Jones is just as important for our running game. Jennings to me hasnt look good this year but you can tell we def. miss G. Jones. Resign G. Jones is a must to be resigned just as much as Smith IMO . Should we draft a RB this year? Im hoping next year MJD will return and be one of the top backs in the game.
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 11-19-2012 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Just want to know what you guys think. Jennings 3 carries for -1 yrd. who got benched for Paralle. Like our defense without Smith I think Greg Jones is just as important for our running game. Jennings to me hasnt look good this year but you can tell we def. miss G. Jones. Resign G. Jones is a must to be resigned just as much as Smith IMO . Should we draft a RB this year? Im hoping next year MJD will return and be one of the top backs in the game.
    trade MJD who wants to be paid Big Bucks but clearly isnt the same player as he was last year. draft a rb or use Jennings in the role and hope he improves behind greg Jones or we draft Trey Millard from Oklahoma whos a Beast of a RB/FB/TE and play him at rb at 260 pounds

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Im thinking MJD stock is falling and he is realizing it. If it is and he understands and we can sign him for around what he is making now I would keep him. Unless of course we get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him which I dont think will happen.

vCash
    Im thinking MJD stock is falling and he is realizing it. If it is and he understands and we can sign him for around what he is making now I would keep him. Unless of course we get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him which I dont think will happen.
    hell i would take a 3rd round pick because im thinking when we let him walk(seems reasonable because we feel hes worth 1 thing and he wants another) we would get at best a 3rd round comp pick and more likely a 4th round comp pick. to our team the only positive he brings is National Exposure. we don't neccesarily need him. i wouldnt be upset at all trading him to the packers for a 2nd round pick.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    trade MJD who wants to be paid Big Bucks but clearly isnt the same player as he was last year. draft a rb or use Jennings in the role and hope he improves behind greg Jones or we draft Trey Millard from Oklahoma whos a Beast of a RB/FB/TE and play him at rb at 260 pounds
    And no I dont want to keep Jennings after the way he has played this season. Why do you want to resign and keep all these players that play poorly. You want to resign Britton who got benched for an undrafted player. You want to resign Jennings who has done nothing and just got benched for Parmele. You want to keep Prosinski who sucks and gives up big play after big play. You want to keep Gabbert who got benched for Henne. Why do you not want to improve this 1-9 team? I guess you like you team losing every week.

vCash
    The only one I would keep out of those is Gabbert is because he is still under contract and is young. But if Henne dont play good the rest of the season I would bring in a different vet like Orton, Campbell, trade for Flynn or something along those lines.

vCash
    In your case we minds well keep Ross as the starting corner too maybe he will get better. Keep the coaching staff too maybe they will get better at coaching, and keep the GM maybe he will get better at drafting talent. And Blackmon who just had a breakout game the owner is the one that wanted him not Gene.

vCash
    And no I dont want to keep Jennings after the way he has played this season. Why do you want to resign and keep all these players that play poorly. You want to resign Britton who got benched for an undrafted player. You want to resign Jennings who has done nothing and just got benched for Parmele. You want to keep Prosinski who sucks and gives up big play after big play. You want to keep Gabbert who got benched for Henne. Why do you not want to improve this 1-9 team? I guess you like you team losing every week.
    look at Parmeles average. its obvious that no Good FB has a huge impact on our offense. Jennings is More than Capable of being atleast a 3rd down back who has the best Hands on the team and is a decent KR.

I want to resign Britton so we dont lose depth along the offensive line. i dont think brittons capable of playing guard and is more of a RT. britton is better than whimper and should be kept.

i want to keep Prosinski cuz the guys still young and obviously needs some development but he hasnt had nearly the help other safeties in this league get in terms of CB Play.

yes i want to keep gabbert here for another year cuz all these top qb prospects in the draft this year suck. between henne and Gabbert we should be able to atleast get average qb play.

i dont want our team to be a perrenial loser but obviously u want us to have an 0-16 season cuz not resigning some guys to smaller deals is gonna make use even worse next year regardless of the GM and regardless of the coaching staff. was the Patriots built into a dynasty in 1 year. no they took like 4 years to be built and resigned some of their players because they know the system and how to play within the system all while not creating more holes on this teams roster.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    In your case we minds well keep Ross as the starting corner too maybe he will get better. Keep the coaching staff too maybe they will get better at coaching, and keep the GM maybe he will get better at drafting talent. And Blackmon who just had a breakout game the owner is the one that wanted him not Gene.
    **** no i want to get rid of ross. hes about as useful as boobs on a warthog

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    The only one I would keep out of those is Gabbert is because he is still under contract and is young. But if Henne dont play good the rest of the season I would bring in a different vet like Orton, Campbell, trade for Flynn or something along those lines.
    Orton<--weak arm and is atbest a backup QB whos a game manager.
    Cambell<--if he was any good some team would have signed him for more than a year. hes purely a backup quality player and game manager at best.
    Flynn<--he couldnt beat out Russell wilson whos worse than Gabbert.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    **** no i want to get rid of ross. hes about as useful as boobs on a warthog
    agreed ross is pretty bad.

and the running back position is set! we have rashad jennings who isn't greedy and is clearly better than maurice jones drew because mjd is a diva and selfish and he sucks now!!!!!

but seriously, i am all for trading mjd.. he deserves to have a chance to win in his career and it ain't likely to happen for him here.. trade him for the highest draft pick you can get and start a legit rebuild.

idk what the rb position will look like next year but i think as of right now, along with almost every other position on the team, rb needs a bit of an upgrade.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_T28 View Post
    agreed ross is pretty bad.

and the running back position is set! we have rashad jennings who isn't greedy and is clearly better than maurice jones drew because mjd is a diva and selfish and he sucks now!!!!!

but seriously, i am all for trading mjd.. he deserves to have a chance to win in his career and it ain't likely to happen for him here.. trade him for the highest draft pick you can get and start a legit rebuild.

idk what the rb position will look like next year but i think as of right now, along with almost every other position on the team, rb needs a bit of an upgrade.
    rb has good talent in the draft as i like most of the top 15 guys at the position as well as trey millard who in my eyes can be good atleast as good as Ex Bucaneer great Mike Alstott.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Just thinking of a guy we can get in the mid rounds. Here are the RBs I like. Not in any particular order

1. Montee Ball
    2. Jonathan Franklin
    3. Giovanni Bernard
    4. Eddie Lacy

Those are my 4 favorite that I think can be a everydown back, these guys are next.

1. Mike Gillislie
    2. Kenjon Barner

Any one of those top 4 I would be happy with if we could get them in the 3rd maybe. If we our GM can move around a little in the draft either trade up or back and get us an extra early 3rd. Im thinking one of those guys will be there. Jennings just isnt the answer at backup and he gets hurt too much anyway. I say this because the top 3 picks need to go on defense IMO. Saying this im hoping we fix the oline in free agency.
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 12-04-2012 at 04:08 AM.

vCash
    Rex Burkhead. If Gene is still around, he has a great shot at getting drafted by us. He does a lot of charity work and has a high character. And we all know how Gene loves his high character players.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    still showing that burkhead intrigue i see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast