Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons win, Saints lose

7 100.00%
  • Falcons win, Saints win

0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints lose

0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints win

0 0%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    OMG, did you watch the games last year? This years play calling has been WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. Come on guys... it was one game, the team came out flat and uninspired- it happens to EVERY TEAM. What is with all this "fire him or fire that guy". Jesus, fairweather fans if I have ever seen it.
    Its been 5 years, we have one of the best records since those years, but we have no playoff wins at all. You happy with that? We beat bad teams and lose to the elite teams. Again, are you happy with that? I know i am not.

vCash
    OMG, did you watch the games last year? This years play calling has been WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. Come on guys... it was one game, the team came out flat and uninspired- it happens to EVERY TEAM. What is with all this "fire him or fire that guy". Jesus, fairweather fans if I have ever seen it.
    While I will defend our coordinators and like them, it has been more than one game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    While I will defend our coordinators and like them, it has been more than one game.
    Way more. It has become a trend.

vCash
    I'm not going to keep blaming assistants if I keep seeing the same results year after year. Using my baseball analogy again: A large segment of Braves fans (who are actually Bobby Cox apologists) used to trash the team's hitting coaches for YEARS, blaming those guys for the team's offense going cold year after year in the postseason... and despite the Braves running through different hitting coaches, we kept seeing the same results.

Eventually fans just have to quit making excuses and looking for scapegoats, and accept that the culture around the team is what is wrong, and that starts with the leadership. If you've ever played an organized sport, you know the head coach (and best player) will almost always set the tone for everything in that locker room. That's why some teams stay on top no matter who else enters and exits, and why other teams cannot "take the next step" no matter how many OTHER changes they make.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.

vCash
    Wow this is an eye opening thread. We have the best Falcons team that has ever been assembled, 11-2 with a chance to clinch home field for the playoffs, a battle ready QB that has taken the next step, an electric offense and great playcalling coordinators on both sides of the team... and you are yelling "fire the coaches" after one loss to a meaningless game and meaningless team?

I'm sure the fans were yelling for Belichick to be fired after they lost to the Cardinals earlier this year. Or to fire Harbaugh on San Fran after losing a game to the Rams. Or to fire Kubiac on Houston because he lost yesterday.

Lets take yourself off the ledge, step back and realize we aren't the Titans or Panthers or Chiefs... we are 11-2 and in for a huge playoff run. I'm gonna take down the names of all these "fans" talking crap on this team and coaching staff, and when we go deep in the playoffs this year I'll be here to remind you that you had no faith. smh
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    The Saints are another relevant analogy. Their playcalling is still top notch but without Payton they are struggling. Norv Turner is another. No one denies he is one of the best playcallers and offensive minds but he is not a head coach in terms of motivation and preparation. I like the Cox analogy, just pointing out football ones

If we get embarrassed in the playoffs again then Smith needs to be told that he has one more chance. If we lose a close 1st round match-up he needs to be put on the hot seat. Of course, all IMO. Blank may not be so nice.

I think Dimitroff stays. I'm not a fan of GM=Coach. They work closely but if one is performing better than the other then there is no reason you cannot get rid of one.

vCash
    Wow this is an eye opening thread. We have the best Falcons team that has ever been assembled, 11-2 with a chance to clinch home field for the playoffs, a battle ready QB that has taken the next step, an electric offense and great playcalling coordinators on both sides of the team... and you are yelling "fire the coaches" after one loss to a meaningless game and meaningless team?

I'm sure the fans were yelling for Belichick to be fired after they lost to the Cardinals earlier this year. Or to fire Harbaugh on San Fran after losing a game to the Rams. Or to fire Kubiac on Houston because he lost yesterday.

Lets take yourself off the ledge, step back and realize we aren't the Titans or Panthers or Chiefs... we are 11-2 and in for a huge playoff run. I'm gonna take down the names of all these "fans" talking crap on this team and coaching staff, and when we go deep in the playoffs this year I'll be here to remind you that you had no faith. smh
    I think it is more of the fact this trend is continuing. Until it gets broken we are probably going to bad mouth the coaches/select players (I'm looking at you, Turner). Being the fan of a great regular season team isn't the worst thing at all, but it's also clear this team can be a dynasty and I think we all want it to reach that potential before we need to replace ours biggest stars who are running out of time fast (White/Gonzalez/Abe).

vCash
    I think it is more of the fact this trend is continuing. Until it gets broken we are probably going to bad mouth the coaches/select players (I'm looking at you, Turner). Being the fan of a great regular season team isn't the worst thing at all, but it's also clear this team can be a dynasty and I think we all want it to reach that potential before we need to replace ours biggest stars who are running out of time fast (White/Gonzalez/Abe).
    I see where you are coming from, and yes we do need to win as our big stars are getting older. The problem is who are you gonna find to replace Smith? Unless you want to try another college coach ( and we all know how Patrino worked out ), there really aren't too many great alternatives. After they fire Smith, take your chance with Norv Turner??? Hope to bring Gruden or Dungy back from retirement? You are really playing with fire here, all because players didn't perform after the coach sets them up for Playoffs every single year?
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-11-2012 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02
    We have the best Falcons team that has ever been assembled
    Respect your opinion, but I disagree. The 1998 team went 14-2 but was just on another level for 3 simple reasons.

1. Dan Reeves: A no-nonsense head coach, who didn't put up with the silliness that we see Smith allow on this current team (look at how the Ray Edwards situation was handled).

2. Jamal Anderson: We can say a lot of things about him, but the bottom line is Jam was a grinder on that field, not a tailback who tip-toes. Turner's age is part of the problem, but Anderson's physical running style gave the '98 Falcons an actual identity on offense, while the current team is still trying to figure out what they want to be.

3. Jessie Tuggle and that Front 7: Tuggle was a pro's pro and the unquestioned leader of those late '90s Falcons. The front seven wasn't filled with big names but they were TOUGH in all areas and didn't rely on just one guy (Abe) to make all the plays. Rich Brooks was the DC back then and I say he and Nolan are on the same level, but comparing the talent and toughness in that front seven to the one we have today? Not even close.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    Also, I'm not doubting that the Falcons can go on a run, I've been proven wrong before. But what I AM saying is, for that playoff run to happen, this team will have to show me something that I have yet to see over the last 5 years: A killer instinct... specifically against great teams. We've seen it with teams like the Pats and Saints, they HAMMER teams and embarrass them when the opportunity is there. When have you seen that from the Falcons under this regime? Again, it CAN happen... I'm just waiting for a sign, any sign, that it WILL happen.

vCash

Ok again with the one game thing. Its more then one game. Yes we are 11-2. Ok that is all well and dandy but only if you like fool's gold. The last 4 seasons that is all we had so far. If this team with Mike Smith at the helm can break the trend of turning around and bending over in the playoffs, well id be happy to hear you rub it in my face because i been waiting too long for us to get passed that hump but the way we have been playing(wins/losses included) i am not too optimistic that we have what it takes to win in the playoffs. Look at how we played in the first New Orleans game. Came out so stong. Got out to a lead just to let them come back in the game and win. Sound familiar? I think it does because that has happened alot in the Mike Smith Era. In the wins, i have maybe came out excited this season after the game 3 out of 11 times. We won too many games that really and truly we should have lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Also, I'm not doubting that the Falcons can go on a run, I've been proven wrong before. But what I AM saying is, for that playoff run to happen, this team will have to show me something that I have yet to see over the last 5 years: A killer instinct... specifically against great teams. We've seen it with teams like the Pats and Saints, they HAMMER teams and embarrass them when the opportunity is there. When have you seen that from the Falcons under this regime? Again, it CAN happen... I'm just waiting for a sign, any sign, that it WILL happen.
    Exactly what im saying.

vCash
    I see where you are coming from, and yes we do need to win as our big stars are getting older. The problem is who are you gonna find to replace Smith? Unless you want to try another college coach ( and we all know how Patrino worked out ), there really aren't too many great alternatives. After they fire Smith, take your chance with Norv Turner??? Hope to bring Gruden or Dungy back from retirement? You are really playing with fire here, all because players didn't perform after the coach sets them up for Playoffs every single year?
    Bill cowher would be nice but if 5 years and only the same result... It would be time for a change.

vCash
    The Saints are another relevant analogy. Their playcalling is still top notch but without Payton they are struggling. Norv Turner is another. No one denies he is one of the best playcallers and offensive minds but he is not a head coach in terms of motivation and preparation. I like the Cox analogy, just pointing out football ones

If we get embarrassed in the playoffs again then Smith needs to be told that he has one more chance. If we lose a close 1st round match-up he needs to be put on the hot seat. Of course, all IMO. Blank may not be so nice.

I think Dimitroff stays. I'm not a fan of GM=Coach. They work closely but if one is performing better than the other then there is no reason you cannot get rid of one.
    We all know you love TD but his misses needs to be counted for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    We all know you love TD but his misses needs to be counted for
    Every GM misses. His right-wrong ratio is good enough for me. He's aggressive, I like it a lot. I'd rather hit on Turner and miss on Edwards then sign guys like Rex Hadnot or Anthony Hargrove who may end up being pretty productive for an above-average cost but usually are role players.

But you're right, the only person who could convince me TD should be fired is TD if he messes up big time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast