Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons win, Saints lose

    7 100.00%
  • Falcons win, Saints win

    0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints lose

    0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints win

    0 0%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 121
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Well.... this game didn't go as how I wanted it to..... to say the least.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atl
    Posts
    284
    vCash
    1500
    Roman,
    I think we came out wayyyy to flat for this game. It seems like our eyes were on the giants game, and we wanted to just stay healthy. yeah its a game and you play to win the game, but we knew the panthers wanted and were going to put up a fight. i think with the injuries on defense missing two starters, we just simply didn't bring it the first half and got smacked around. we came out playing falcons football in the 2nd half but it was key how much we missed having moore back there as the last line of defense. Its' just a game, but we didn;t show **** from the first half. either way if we scored in the first half we would have probably won this game. with all that i am saying i expect us to win against New York next week.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Well i actually didnt see the game. I just read all of your comments and i also saw the 16-0 score first half and didnt even care to look no more till i saw the final score of the game. I understand tapering down a bit to conserve energy for more meaningful games but when have we made a statement since the beginning of the season? We have never really dominated a game all season except for the SD and KC game, so it pisses me off that we didn't feel the need to dominate this game. Even after all the **** talking Carolina did, Atlanta still came out flat with no energy what so ever. Unless we win more then 1 playoff game this year, i think Mike Smith needs to be fired. Also, looking at the depth of this team, i wouldnt be mad if TD was fired either. (Never really was a big fan of his anyway) I know you all probably wouldnt agree with that but I think the Falcons need a change if we dont get it done in the post season this year.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atl
    Posts
    284
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    Well i actually didnt see the game. I just read all of your comments and i also saw the 16-0 score first half and didnt even care to look no more till i saw the final score of the game. I understand tapering down a bit to conserve energy for more meaningful games but when have we made a statement since the beginning of the season? We have never really dominated a game all season except for the SD and KC game, so it pisses me off that we didn't feel the need to dominate this game. Even after all the **** talking Carolina did, Atlanta still came out flat with no energy what so ever. Unless we win more then 1 playoff game this year, i think Mike Smith needs to be fired. Also, looking at the depth of this team, i wouldnt be mad if TD was fired either. (Never really was a big fan of his anyway) I know you all probably wouldnt agree with that but I think the Falcons need a change if we dont get it done in the post season this year.
    DEE279

    Its hard to really put this on smith n td if we don't win. they don't produce the numbers on the field. However u want to look at this game shouldn't be so judgmental as in proclaiming them a bust. Look they just played really flat on defense without 2 starters, and i am sure they had a victory hangover and were relaxed espically since carolina came into the game talking. Even anything i think it was good we got out of carolina without getting hurt. 1 loss doesn't hurt us especially if what i believe mike smith and td and arthur blank are thinking about it. we could have an easier route being the #2 seed depending on who is playing as 3-6 and 4-5, we had that **** happen with the packers 2 years ago, so maybe we try to maybe match up since it really is in our hands.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atl
    Posts
    284
    vCash
    1500
    go for the #2 seed if san fran is competing or #1 if gb is competing. either way i c it we win out as the # 1 seed.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Dimitroff has his misses but it's tough for me to blame everything on him in terms of personnel issues, when you have teams like, for example, the Bucs who have scored more points than the Falcons this year with less offensive talent and plenty of injured O-Lineman. Unlike the Falcons, Tampa knows what kind of team they want to be on offense and didn't waste time with a slow fumble-prone tailback when they had someone better as his backup. Sound familiar? Stuff like that falls on a head coach for not setting and maintaining one clear agenda from the day he arrived, demanding toughness, and getting rid of people who can't cut it. On defense, as far as I'm concerned, Nolan has been coaching his *** off all season without having much help on the D-Line (run stoppers or pass rushers).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-10-2012 at 08:07 PM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,312
    vCash
    1500
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of a gameplan Koetter uses for next game.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    DEE279

    Its hard to really put this on smith n td if we don't win. they don't produce the numbers on the field. However u want to look at this game shouldn't be so judgmental as in proclaiming them a bust. Look they just played really flat on defense without 2 starters, and i am sure they had a victory hangover and were relaxed espically since carolina came into the game talking. Even anything i think it was good we got out of carolina without getting hurt. 1 loss doesn't hurt us especially if what i believe mike smith and td and arthur blank are thinking about it. we could have an easier route being the #2 seed depending on who is playing as 3-6 and 4-5, we had that **** happen with the packers 2 years ago, so maybe we try to maybe match up since it really is in our hands.
    My statement was on more then just the Carolina game actually. But i respect your feedback. And actually the idea behind me wanting to fire Smith if we dont go deep in the playoffs is i just dont think he is good as putting his players in the right position consistently be it at the start of the game or at halftime and he really does get out-coached on a number of occasions. Also, about TD he has mad some hits but most of them were pretty much no brainers. He has too many misses in my eyes.
    Last edited by dee279; 12-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Dimitroff has his misses but it's tough for me to blame everything on him in terms of personnel issues, when you have teams like, for example, the Bucs who have scored more points than the Falcons this year with less offensive talent and plenty of injured O-Lineman. Unlike the Falcons, Tampa knows what kind of team they want to be on offense and didn't waste time with a slow fumble-prone tailback when they had someone better as his backup. Sound familiar? Stuff like that falls on a head coach for not setting and maintaining one clear agenda from the day he arrived, demanding toughness, and getting rid of people who can't cut it. On defense, as far as I'm concerned, Nolan has been coaching his *** off all season without having much help on the D-Line (run stoppers or pass rushers).
    Yea i kno it aint all on TD. Dats y i say Smith should go to. Smith before TD.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    21,663
    vCash
    1500
    Koetter's definitely getting too much credit this season. I feel like he's constantly bunched together with Nolan but I'd venture to say Koetter's playcalling has been just as bad as MMs.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,713
    vCash
    500
    Ryan is clearly our best play caller.




  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    75,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Koetter's definitely getting too much credit this season. I feel like he's constantly bunched together with Nolan but I'd venture to say Koetter's playcalling has been just as bad as MMs.
    Well at least he's letting Ryan throw and Turner has had his carries reduced by a lot. Ryan only has 50 less attempts from last year.
    #3in5


    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    The fact that Koetter introduced something as simple as the screen pass and gets Quizz inolved at all automatically puts him ahead of Mularkey, who wanted everything safe, simple and predictable. The bottom line is Smith isn't getting enough heat... it's the same pass Bobby Cox got all those years from my fellow Braves fans for treating every game the same and not motivating a team to hit another gear against tougher competition. Mike Smith is the constant over the last 5 years of this team limping to the finish line and blowing opportunities in January -- he beats up a lot of bad teams to have a nice regular season record, just like Bobby Cox did, but no one gives a **** about that because they're too busy laughing at their dumb decisions in the postseason and watching the team fold once again.

    When people say "same ol' Falcons" they're talking about a lack of toughness and a team that bows down against great teams... a soft mentality and approach to the game. That boils down to the man in charge, and in some cases, the team leader (quarterback). I felt the same way about Chipper Jones and a lot of Braves fans got mad that I was just being honest about their hero, but in the end, was proven right: He choked when his team (and fans) needed him the most. Will Ryan play like **** again down the stretch and in the playoffs or will he step up and be a leader? I mean, Mularkey and BVG are gone, so no one can use them as excuses anymore. Are we gonna keep blaming coordinators after watching the same movie 5 years in a row?

    Look at the teams who are catching fire right now: Packers, Patriots, Broncos, Giants. Elite QBs who are the unquestioned leaders of their teams, and TOUGH head coaches who don't put up with BS (I'm including Fox because he already got the Panthers to the SB). Smith and Ryan had plenty of chances to punch back against the Brees-Payton led-Saints, an elite team in their own division, and backed down nearly every time. It may not look good to fire a head coach with 5 straight winning seasons, but if he can't get them a win in January, the blame will fall on him and Ryan, as it should. Other teams find ways to overcome obstacles all the time.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-11-2012 at 01:47 AM.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    The fact that Koetter introduced something as simple as the screen pass and gets Quizz inolved at all automatically puts him ahead of Mularkey, who wanted everything safe, simple and predictable. The bottom line is Smith isn't getting enough heat... it's the same pass Bobby Cox got all those years from my fellow Braves fans for treating every game the same and not motivating a team to hit another gear against tougher competition. Mike Smith is the constant over the last 5 years of this team limping to the finish line and blowing opportunities in January -- he beats up a lot of bad teams to have a nice regular season record, just like Bobby Cox did, but no one gives a **** about that because they're too busy laughing at their dumb decisions in the postseason and watching the team fold once again.

    When people say "same ol' Falcons" they're talking about a lack of toughness and a team that bows down against great teams... a soft mentality and approach to the game. That boils down to the man in charge, and in some cases, the team leader (quarterback). I felt the same way about Chipper Jones and a lot of Braves fans got mad that I was just being honest about their hero, but in the end, was proven right: He choked when his team (and fans) needed him the most. Will Ryan play like **** again down the stretch and in the playoffs or will he step up and be a leader? I mean, Mularkey and BVG are gone, so no one can use them as excuses anymore. Are we gonna keep blaming coordinators after watching the same movie 5 years in a row?

    Look at the teams who are catching fire right now: Packers, Patriots, Broncos, Giants. Elite QBs who are the unquestioned leaders of their teams, and TOUGH head coaches who don't put up with BS (I'm including Fox because he already got the Panthers to the SB). Smith and Ryan had plenty of chances to punch back against the Brees-Payton led-Saints, an elite team in their own division, and backed down nearly every time. It may not look good to fire a head coach with 5 straight winning seasons, but if he can't get them a win in January, the blame will fall on him and Ryan, as it should. Other teams find ways to overcome obstacles all the time.
    Im glad someone agrees with me and i agree with what you saying there. We all wanted to blame MM and BVG(rightfully so) but no one cared to point the finger to Mike Smith who hired them, who has the first say in everything, who is too stubborn to let go when something isnt working. If BVG and MM didnt take other jobs, would they have even been fired? Mike Smith is just too soft IMO. He doesnt take charge when he should, caring way too much about a players feelings then winning football games. Also, He will get hot headed when a player makes a dumb penalty but will just hold his head down when we take a loss and it shouldnt be like that. We need a no nonsense, take no BS headcoach who wont allow us to keep blowing leads, play one half football, not finish off games, and wont allow us to just come out flat game after game and lay down when the playoffs come around. If all Mike Smith can do is lead us to close wins against bad teams, then a change needs to happen.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Koetter's definitely getting too much credit this season. I feel like he's constantly bunched together with Nolan but I'd venture to say Koetter's playcalling has been just as bad as MMs.
    OMG, did you watch the games last year? This years play calling has been WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. Come on guys... it was one game, the team came out flat and uninspired- it happens to EVERY TEAM. What is with all this "fire him or fire that guy". Jesus, fairweather fans if I have ever seen it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •