Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Falcons win, Saints lose

7 100.00%
  • Falcons win, Saints win

0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints lose

0 0%
  • Falcons lose, Saints win

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) vs. Carolina Panthers (3-9) | L, 30-20

_

___ATLANTA FALCONS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS

Sunday, December 9th
    1:00 PM EST

Bank Of America Stadium

Quarterbacks:
    ___MATT RYAN-----CAM NEWTON
    _____

94.9-----QB RATING-----85.8
    3590-----PASS YARDS-----2933
    22-----PASS TDS-----14
    13-------INT-------10

Runningbacks:
    MICHAEL TURNER-----CAM NEWTON___
    _____

675-----YARDS-----524
    180-----CARRIES-----95
    3.8-------YPC-------5.5
    7-------TD-------6

Wide Receivers:
    RODDY WHITE-----STEVE SMITH
    _____

1023-----YARDS-----890
    68-----RECEPTIONS-----53
    15.0-----YPR-----16.8
    4-------TD-------2

DEFENSIVE LEADERS:

SACKS:
    __JOHN ABRAHAM-----CHARLES JOHNSON
    _____

10.0-----SACKS-----8.5
    4-------FF-------6

TACKLES:
    WILLIAM MOORE-----LUKE KUECHLY
    _____

75-----TACKLES-----114
    2-------FF-------0

INTERCEPTIONS:
    ___THOMAS DECOUD-----HARUKI NAKAMURA
    _____

5-------INT-------2
    37-----YARDS-----39
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-07-2012 at 02:18 AM.

vCash
    Been waiting for this GT to post this:

Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan had a strong – and profane – message near the end of the Falcons’ come-from-behind victory against the Panthers in Week 4.

On Wednesday it was the Panthers’ turn.

Preparing for this week’s rematch against the NFC South-champion Falcons, several Panthers’ players said they haven’t forgotten Ryan’s sideline comment and hope to make him pay for it Sunday at Bank of America Stadium.

After Matt Bryant’s 40-yard field goal gave the Falcons a 30-28 lead with five seconds left, the Fox cameras caught Ryan saying: “Get the (expletive) off our field!”

Defensive end Charles Johnson said the Panthers heard Ryan’s comment on a highlight show on the team bus en route to the Atlanta airport after the game.

“I think we marked this day down since (then),” Johnson said. “He had all due respect to say that. Hey, you got to come in our house now.”

Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn said Ryan’s remark left a bad taste with the Panthers.

“I can’t repeat it to you. That’s how bad it was,” Munnerlyn said. “He totally disrespected us. They won the game. They came all the way back and beat us. But to say what he said, I don’t think it was called for. He could have handled it a different way. But he said it.”

The Falcons (11-1) are tied with Houston for the league’s best record and wrapped up the division with four games remaining. The Panthers (3-9) have lost five in a row to Atlanta – giving up at least 30 points in each – and are within a game of the NFL’s worst record.

Yet, Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy believes Carolina has the better team. Not just during the Week 4 loss, but overall.

“Both,” Hardy said. “I’m really not a fan of the team down the street.”

Hardy said he would delight in spoiling the Falcons’ goal of earning home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

“I’m trying to mess up their whole playoff experience. I want them to go home sick in the stomach, mad about life, a couple depression issues, all types of things,” Hardy said. “It’s going to be a long day from my point of view. I’m coming.”

The Panthers set a team record by sacking Ryan seven times in the first meeting, the most the Falcons have allowed in Ryan’s five seasons. They led 28-27 and had Atlanta backed up at its 1-yard line with 59 seconds left.

But Ryan completed a 59-yard pass to Roddy White to set up Bryant’s game-winner, stunning a Panthers’ team that went on to lose its next three games and five of six.

“The thing that hurt us the most was we had the game. We let it slip away, man. And when we saw (what Ryan said), we were like, ‘Wow,’ ” Munnerlyn said. “That’s why this game to (Johnson) and some of the Georgia (natives), it means so much to them. He said some harsh words. So it’s going to be a fight out there.”

The Falcons racked up 426 yards in the first game, the second most given up by the Panthers this season. Ryan threw for 369 yards and three touchdowns, White caught eight passes for 169 yards and two scores, and Michael Turner ran for 103 yards.

Hardy said the Falcons have more explosive players than any team in the league. But he expects the Panthers to win Sunday.

“They’re a good team,” Hardy said. “They’ve got receivers that can catch, but they can be stopped. They’ve got linemen that can block, but they can be beaten. They’ve got a quarterback who’s going to be on the ground, and that’s where he belongs because he’s a quarterback. That’s going to happen.”

Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams said he didn’t need Ryan’s comment to get fired up to play the Falcons.

“Everything about the Atlanta Falcons sits wrong with me. Anybody in our conference or division, they all sit me wrong with me, whether they’re talking or not talking,” Williams said. “It’s not like it adds any more fuel to the fire. They’re the Atlanta Falcons coming in here. We had them on the ropes and we let them off the last game. We’ll see who will be saying what at the end of this game on Sunday.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...an-tirade.html

vCash
    This game won't be easy. This is Carolina's superbowl.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Yeah, this game is going to be tough. I wish I could trust whatever piece of garbage is going to be blocking Charles Johnson.

vCash
    Jonathan Stewart (ankles) didn't participate in Wednesday's practice.

Stewart said Monday he's "getting better," but he's well on track to miss his second straight game. DeAngelo Williams should handle feature-back duties against the Falcons after totaling 68 yards on 13 touches in Week 13.
    In addition to turf toe, Brandon LaFell also has a chipped bone in his foot.

Held out of practice again on Thursday, LaFell is "limping noticeably" at Panthers headquarters. The turf toe is more of a hindrance than the chipped bone at this point. LaFell hasn't ruled out playing versus the Falcons, but concedes his return is looking "probably more like next week."
    rotoworld

vCash
    Code:
    Name 	     Position 	Injury 	         Wed. 	Thu. 	Fri. 	Game Status
    Jerry, Peria 	DT 	Quadricep 	LP 	LP 	LP 	questionable
    Moore, William 	S 	Hamstring 	DNP 	DNP 	DNP 	questionable
    Samuel, Asante 	CB 	Shoulder 	DNP 	DNP 	DNP 	questionable
    Turner, Michael 	RB 	Elbow 	LP 	LP 	LP 	questionable
    Source

vCash
    They need to be cautious with Samuel. Get Bobby Mac and Owens more reps when you can, but we don't want to face the same problem as last season, missing our top corner in the playoffs.

vCash
    I hope we beat the piss out of them. They're 3-9 and all of a sudden your the best team in the division? Losing close games is a sign of a good team, but at some point you have to show what you're made of and pull a win out. Maybe after we beat them decisively, they can shut the hell up.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    No Willy Mo but Asante is active.

vCash
    Atlanta's Week 14 inactives, in addition to [William] Moore, are QB Dominique Davis, WR Tim Toone, OT OG Phillip Manley, G Harland Gunn, DE Lawrence Sidbury, and DT Travian Robertson.
    rotoworld

This hurts a bit. Moore is our only DB I trust tackling in the open field...

vCash

Stupid defense.

vCash
    Looking ugly against the run already.

vCash
    For the most part, it feels like TEs get whatever they want against this defense all season.

vCash
    They really do. We need some sort of answer as long as we play in a division with Graham and Olsen. DeCoud and Moore are good but they are not man coverage guys.

vCash
    DeCoud just got owned on that one.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast