Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 115 of 115
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    well according to Ganters story today Casey said that even if Bargnani isn't shooting well he likes him out there "to spread the floor". now i don't know if he truly believes that, i suspect he does not. but it's out there. now i hope you aren't going to tell me that other than "spreading the floor" and shooting the basketball that Bargnani offers a whole lot.
    That's the only factual quote I've seen too.

    Now let's get back to Valencunias.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    This is so silly and off topic. Let's move on.

    Isn't the thread about JV anyway?
    it's based on a story about the raptors moving him to the bench so it's just as much about who isn't being sent to the bench in this case as who is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    it's based on a story about the raptors moving him to the bench so it's just as much about who isn't being sent to the bench in this case as who is.
    By that logic all threads could be about what they're not about too. lol.

    Let's move on.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    It is a simple basketball strategy. Something this team has suffered from. How many times have the bigs been in the lane waiting for DeMar this season?
    It's a simple basketball strategy that hasn't worked for us period judging by our success offensively and record wise.


    Durant and Ibaka stretch the floor.
    What? Ibaka JUST started attempting jump shots last year and even then he's like Amir Johnson in that department. I wouldn't say he necessarily "spreads" the floor for Ibaka and Westbrook.

    Bonner and Diaw.
    Bonner rarely if ever plays during crunch time. Diaw is averaging 1 3 pointer a game, I don't see how that's a player whos stretching the floor consistently.

    Korver.
    I thought Korver is a SG??


    I am not sure what era you are talking about but I will say Brad Miller, Troy Murphy and David West.
    People say Bargs is a must because he stretches the floor for Derozan and Lowry. Your providing examples of guys of the bench with the exception of West who doesn't consistently do that. I can do the same and provide random bench names or guys who stretch the floor to.

    But I'm trying to make the point that we don't necessarily need one of our bigs to stretch the floor to be effective offensively.

    Gasol and Odom.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yes, you're right. The coach of the Toronto Raptors, who said that's what they are doing and why they are doing it, is clueless. Hopefully he has the interwebz so he can figure out how to coach basketball. There are a lot of experts waiting to help him out.
    Yes you mean the same coach that had us picking 8th last year and has us at a 4-12 or w.e it is record with a much more talented team?

    The same coach who continually runs out a 2 PG system on the floor when it defensively gets rocked and never works efficiently??

    Ya that coach

    Just because were on the internet criticizing doesn't mean were not capable, maybe getting into coaching isn't our thing?? Doesn't mean were completely incapable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We all know how to coach better than Casey here apparently.
    I don't think that's a secret at all.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Just because were on the internet criticizing doesn't mean were not capable, maybe getting into coaching isn't our thing?? Doesn't mean were completely incapable.
    It's a given. Fans are the absolute inverse of athletes and professionals. No ice water in their veins and no desire whatsoever to look at the big picture. Otherwise though, we'd all make perfect coaches. lol.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    How are we not looking at the big picture??
    Wth is the big picture so far aside from the he stretches the floor argument no one has provided any legitimate reasoning whatsoever defending Bargnani.

    He's overpaid, he's crap defensively and this stretching the floor crap by a big is a myth.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    How are we not looking at the big picture??
    Wth is the big picture so far aside from the he stretches the floor argument no one has provided any legitimate reasoning whatsoever defending Bargnani.

    He's overpaid, he's crap defensively and this stretching the floor crap by a big is a myth.
    So you've said. Saying it doesn't make it true. There are lots of factors in play.

    Do we need to trade Bargnani? Yup. Will it happen? Who knows. Is his value high? Nope. Did we miss our opportunity? Probably.

    Is this thread about Bargnani? Nope.

    It's about Valencunias.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    I know what the thread is about, I'm responding to comments made in this thread about Bargnani.
    You were involved in them to, so if you want to keep it on topic, be a role model and set an example and we'll all follow.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I know what the thread is about, I'm responding to comments made in this thread about Bargnani.
    You were involved in them to, so if you want to keep it on topic, be a role model and set an example and we'll all follow.
    I've been trying to get the thread back on topic for a couple of pages. Cheers. Thanks for helping.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    It's a simple basketball strategy that hasn't worked for us period judging by our success offensively and record wise.
    Well of course it hasn't worked, have you seen Bargnani's shooting percentage? If he was hitting his shots then we would be winning a lot more ball games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    What? Ibaka JUST started attempting jump shots last year and even then he's like Amir Johnson in that department. I wouldn't say he necessarily "spreads" the floor for Ibaka and Westbrook.
    I disagree, I remember Ibaka stepping out 2 seasons ago and hitting jumpers. He isn't a 3-point shooter but he is making those mid-range to long jumpers and has forced defenders to either let him make the shot or to cover him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Bonner rarely if ever plays during crunch time. Diaw is averaging 1 3 pointer a game, I don't see how that's a player whos stretching the floor consistently.
    There whole team beyond maybe 4 players are based on hitting 3-pointers and stretching the floor. Just because the shooters aren't always the big men doesn't mean that the rest of the team isn't spreading the floor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I thought Korver is a SG??
    He is. Was I suppose to only list big men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    People say Bargs is a must because he stretches the floor for Derozan and Lowry. Your providing examples of guys of the bench with the exception of West who doesn't consistently do that. I can do the same and provide random bench names or guys who stretch the floor to.
    Korver was a starter last year wasn't he? West, Ibaka, Durant are all starters. Diaw started for the Spurs last year. Odom startred a bunch of games for the lakers too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    But I'm trying to make the point that we don't necessarily need one of our bigs to stretch the floor to be effective offensively.
    I still disagree. With DeMar's lack of shooting ability, I wouldn't want to have a starting line-up with only two players able to hit 3-pointers. Especially since I like Lowry having the ball in his hands. If DeMar was a good 3-point shooter then maybe I could agree with you (although we would still be hindered when Demar posts up) but he isn't.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •