Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 115
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yes, you're right. The coach of the Toronto Raptors, who said that's what they are doing and why they are doing it, is clueless. Hopefully he has the interwebz so he can figure out how to coach basketball. There are a lot of experts waiting to help him out.
    yup. act like Casey's rotations haven't been a reason why our team has stunk. I didn't know Casey's word was gospel and he was an elite coach. News to me.

    Everyone and their grandmamas were pissed when Casey put Bargs back in cuz he wasn't doing jack ****. I love when ppl become hypocrites and act like they haven't criticizedd aathletes oor players before.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 12-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    yup. act like Casey's rotations haven't been a reason why our team has stunk. I didn't know Casey's word was gospel and he was an elite coach. News to me.
    Well seriously, lol, you said that anyone who didn't agree with you was "either clueless or didn't watch the game at all". Stretching the floor is as common as driving to the rim.
    Last edited by ink; 12-07-2012 at 04:59 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We all know how to coach better than Casey here apparently.
    He's an idiot. So what if he's right.

    Just for clarity's sake, it's not that people support Bargnani, it's that bad logic is bad logic and needs commenting on. When people say that stretching the floor is ******** that doesn't make a person a Bargnani fan, it makes a person a fan of actually making sense. It's a common practice.

    Whether it's going to continue to be a Raptors strategy depends entirely on how successful management's efforts are in trading AB.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    33,037
    vCash
    0
    To Lakers - Bargnani
    To Raptors - Williams
    To Timberwolves - Gasol

    Get it done.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Well seriously, lol, you said that anyone who didn't agree with you was an idiot. Stretching the floor is as common as driving to the rim.
    Never said idiot, said cluless.

    And yes, because Bargnani waasnt spreading **** last night with the amount of bricks he threw up. Lowry was getting to the rim fine when the raps made the run in the 3rd Q and Bargs was out. Casey clearly mismanaged that partt of the game, which has been The norm this year.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 12-07-2012 at 05:05 PM.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    He's an idiot. So what if he's right.

    Just for clarity's sake, it's not that people support Bargnani, it's that bad logic is bad logic and needs commenting on. When people say that stretching the floor is ******** that doesn't make a person a Bargnani fan, it makes a person a fan of actually making sense. It's a common practice.

    Whether it's going to continue to be a Raptors strategy depends entirely on how successful management's efforts are in trading AB.
    Yup, let's spread the floor with aa guy who's shooting 3/13 on the night, 38% on the season, and 32% from 3pt land! It makes pperfect sense! ! ! !! !!


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Never said idiot, said cluless.
    I went back and ninja fixed it. Yes, you said clueless or didn't watch the game. Since Casey's not clueless I figure he was looking at some chick in the first row across the court.

    And yes, because Bargnani waasnt spreading **** last night with the amount of bricks he threw up. Lowry was getting to the rim fine when the raps made the run in the 3rd Q and Bargs was out. Casey clearly mismanaged that partt of the game, which has been The norm this year.
    I've said it many times before, depending on a big as a jump shooter is a waste of a big. But there's nothing wrong with a big who can stretch the floor. Just because it didn't work for one game/one quarter/one half/three series/whatever doesn't mean it isn't a good strategy. Players go hot and cold. But personally I hate that AB has turned into a jump shooter. That's the real problem. He has abandoned his post game altogether at both ends of the floor.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Yup, let's spread the floor with aa guy who's shooting 3/13 on the night, 38% on the season, and 32% from 3pt land! It makes pperfect sense! ! ! !! !!
    Players go hot and cold. Even when he's cold he still opens the floor for the guards. Other players know well enough that he can still hit shots.

    Don't confuse that with supporting AB. Just pointing out bad logic again. This time, selective stats.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I went back and ninja fixed it. Yes, you said clueless or didn't watch the game. Since Casey's not clueless I figure he was looking at some chick in the first row across the court.



    I've said it many times before, depending on a big as a jump shooter is a waste of a big. But there's nothing wrong with a big who can stretch the floor. Just because it didn't work for one game/one quarter/one half/three series/whatever doesn't mean it isn't a good strategy. Players go hot and cold. But personally I hate that AB has turned into a jump shooter. That's the real problem. He has abandoned his post game altogether at both ends of the floor.
    One game/quarter/half? He's been brick the WHOLE SEASON

    Answer this. How much floor spreaading does Milwaukee hae with a Sanders/Henson/Gooden/SammyD frontcourt. Ilyasova is a perfect example of a big that "stretches the floor", but is nailed to the bench atm because he's playing like **** and chucking bricks. Yet the bucks are still winning games. That's a coach that displays ACCOUNTABILITY.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    can you find it? I'd like to read....
    here is the link to the article
    Link

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Players go hot and cold. Even when he's cold he still opens the floor for the guards. Other players know well enough that he can still hit shots.

    Don't confuse that with supporting AB. Just pointing out bad logic again. This time, selective stats.
    It isn't selective it fits this conversation perfectly. If a guys cold he's cold. Like I said Lowry was attacking fine with Davis out there in the 3rd, but you keep ignoring it. Its not bad logic to bench a guy if he's shooting terribly. Happens all the time on other teams with players who are volume shooters.


  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,477
    vCash
    1500
    BC will never bench Bargs think about it Jose makes 10 million and Bargs makes 10 million that's 20 million on the bench just from 2 players

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,860
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    BC will never bench Bargs think about it Jose makes 10 million and Bargs makes 10 million that's 20 million on the bench just from 2 players
    Overpaid guys get benched or demoted to a 6th man/bench role all the time...Rashard Lewis, Turkoglu, Biedrins, Amare could be next...


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    BC will never bench Bargs think about it Jose makes 10 million and Bargs makes 10 million that's 20 million on the bench just from 2 players
    Fair point. No doubt it factors in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    It isn't selective it fits this conversation perfectly. If a guys cold he's cold. Like I said Lowry was attacking fine with Davis out there in the 3rd, but you keep ignoring it. Its not bad logic to bench a guy if he's shooting terribly. Happens all the time on other teams with players who are volume shooters.
    Not necessarily. And coaches will keep a player in to get him going. It happens. Finally this is the first time you've brought up Davis to me anyway.

    Relax man, it's just basketball. There are reasons other than favouritism behind coach's moves.
    Last edited by ink; 12-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    It isn't selective it fits this conversation perfectly. If a guys cold he's cold. Like I said Lowry was attacking fine with Davis out there in the 3rd, but you keep ignoring it. Its not bad logic to bench a guy if he's shooting terribly. Happens all the time on other teams with players who are volume shooters.
    Yes Lowry was attacking just fine when Davis was in, but wasn't that because there was no shot blocker on the court at the time? or cause he was playing against second unit players? the threat of scoring (going back to what you and ink were talking about) is just as useful as scoring itself.

    You cant just simple abandon a player (if you're the opposing team) because he isn't shooting well, it only takes one shot to change the tide of a game and you never know when he'll hit that one shot.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •