Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good, they knew the backlash they'd get.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    he literally just has him stand on the three point line. id rather have a little less space and ed down there with a chance at an offensive rebound

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

Your logical talks aren't allowed around here sir, take them elsewhere:P

Floor spacing is the biggest BS I've ever heard in my life and the dumbest excuse you can hear on a regular basis. I been wanting to rag on this for a while but keep forgetting.
    It is a simple basketball strategy. Something this team has suffered from. How many times have the bigs been in the lane waiting for DeMar this season?
    Who is the big that stretches the floor for the Thunder when Durant and Westbrook drive all the time???
    Durant and Ibaka stretch the floor.

Last time I checked Tim Duncan nor whoever plays alongside him whether its Splitter, Blair they don't stretch the floor.
    Bonner and Diaw.

Who stretches the floor for the Bulls when Rose penetrates??
    Korver.

What about the Pacers??
    I am not sure what era you are talking about but I will say Brad Miller, Troy Murphy and David West.

When the Lakers had Gasol+Bynum and Kobe drove who stretched the floor for them?
    Gasol and Odom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    he literally just has him stand on the three point line. id rather have a little less space and ed down there with a chance at an offensive rebound
    what use is an offensive rebound if the ball doesn't make it to the basket?

vCash
    Horrible call to bench JVal.

The one who needs to be benched is Bargs. He hasn't proven anything this season to warrant a reserved spot in the starting 5. The logical move they should've made was to bench Bargs in favour of Davis. BC probably wants Casey to keep throwing Bargs out there despite his awfulness on defense. Not to mention his offense has been nothing special with Lowry running the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Looks like "Stop Watching the Raptors for the Season Day" has come early this year.
    Pfft. I've seen one half of Raptors basketball. This is a guy who used to call in sick to work so I could watch a ****ing Wednesday game against the ****ing Bobcats. Or would cancel plans so I could watch the game on the weekend. It dawned on me last year when myself and others dropped over $200 each to see a game and it was complete trash. I thought to myself why am I putting myself through this. I dont like management or the players. Im not wasting my time with them until I like the direction there going.

No BC, no Andrea and a rebuild is what will get me watching again. Its so sad that its actually kinda funny that we probably wont even get our pick this year and it could be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    BAHAHA no offense but that's one of the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.

forget actually making him work to get on the court. just trade him. up until then he can loaf around the court for 35 mins a game. that's accountability!?!

you make it sound like being traded to a better team is punishment.
    Lol, tell me about it. And you got facepalmed.

Your logical talks aren't allowed around here sir, take them elsewhere:P

Floor spacing is the biggest BS I've ever heard in my life and the dumbest excuse you can hear on a regular basis. I been wanting to rag on this for a while but keep forgetting.
    It might not be the most overrated term but it gets thrown around here way to much by Andrea supporters. Or people picked it up by listening to Leo ****ing spew it out there in his 1st 3 or 4 years in the league. Lol, every 3 with Andrea on the court even if he did nothing would result in them saying it was because of Andrea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    what use is an offensive rebound if the ball doesn't make it to the basket?
    Why wouldnt the ball make it to the basket?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Why wouldnt the ball make it to the basket?
    Increased ball pressure because of the lack of spacing could lead to more turnovers. Also we drive to the net and the shot blocker is waiting, he blocks the ball in the opposite direction of the guy he was suppose to be defending. That is usually how it works.

vCash
    Increased ball pressure because of the lack of spacing could lead to more turnovers. Also we drive to the net and the shot blocker is waiting, he blocks the ball in the opposite direction of the guy he was suppose to be defending. That is usually how it works.
    It doesnt seem to happen to every other team.

I havent watched any games this year but I didnt realize that we were that incompetent that we would be running into eachother and turning the ball over every time because we didnt have a big standing at the 3 point line. I guess were in worse shape than i thought. I heard the team has been playing well with Andrea on the bench though. And when he comes back in is when we blow the lead. Is this true? I have read it numerous times this year in the game threads. What happens to the Raps for them to get the lead?

And when there is a big near the basket, it also makes for an easier pass to him for a layup/dunk when his defender rotates over. That is usually how it works.
    Last edited by The Wise 1; 12-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Doesn't make sense. Also have you guys seen that article on him about his PER ratings. I think he's rank 42nd in the NBA or something like that.
    I haven't seen but would like to. Also looking at Davis's splits....

Code:
    Split	Value	G	GS	MP	FG	FGA	3P	3PA	FT	FTA	ORB	TRB	AST	STL	BLK	TOV	PF	PTS	FG%	3P%	FT%	MP	PTS	TRB	AST
    Minutes	20-29	8	1	179	29	49	0	0	15	23	25	68	7	3	5	9	24	73	.592		.652	22.4	9.1	8.5	0.9
    in the 8 games that he's played over 20 minutes he's avg. 22 min and put up 9.1pts, 8.5rbs on 59% shooting.

#FreeEdDavis
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    It doesnt seem to happen to every other team.
    A lot of other teams have better ball handlers and get more foul calls than us.

I havent watched any games this year but I didnt realize that we were that incompetent that we would be running into eachother and turning the ball over every time because we didnt have a big standing at the 3 point line. I guess were in worse shape than i thought. I heard the team has been playing well with Andrea on the bench though. And when he comes back in is when we blow the lead. Is this true? I have read it numerous times this year in the game threads. What happens to the Raps for them to get the lead?
    The team plays alright with Andrea on the bench. You are mis-informed on the bolded part. Nothing has been consist this season. When Andrea is on the bench, Amir spends a lot of time on the perimeter much like Andrea does (God this reminds me I hate the offence we are running, why is Val catching the ball on the perimeter and passing it around?).

And when there is a big near the basket, it also makes for an easier pass to him for a layup/dunk when his defender rotates over. That is usually how it works.
    It definitely is. But if you have both big defenders patrolling in the paint then the help will get their sooner and you have to remember, our wings are not good passers/ball handlers. These passes are the normal play but they are not easy plays for our wing players.

Watch a bit tonight, you will see somewhat what I am saying.

vCash
    Casey said he wants Jonas to play against 2nd units anyways so he gets more opportunities. He'll still get the mins he'd get as a starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    x10000

people who are saying Andrea needed to be out there because Lowry and Demar needed floor spacing are either clueless or didn't watch the game at all.
    Yes, you're right. The coach of the Toronto Raptors, who said that's what they are doing and why they are doing it, is clueless. Hopefully he has the interwebz so he can figure out how to coach basketball. There are a lot of experts waiting to help him out.

vCash
    We all know how to coach better than Casey here apparently.

vCash
    A lot of other teams have better ball handlers and get more foul calls than us. .
    Exactly. It's so obvious. We always talk about one player's deficiencies without realizing the other players' deficiencies.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast