Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    This.

He's there to give Derozan and Lowry more opportunities. Lowry and Derozan will be stuck attempting more jumpers if they have 2 inside players for most of the game.
    But they can hit jumpers.....

Derozan just drives in hoping for a foul most of the time and the refs won't give them to him. He is a great mid range shooter though, so why not let him focus on where he is actually very effective. He is athletic enough to attack the basket when there is an opening. He has put up solid numbers in the past when Bargnani was out due to injury, saying he needs Bargnani out there to be effective is just an excuse imo...and not a very good one.

Lowry has played most of his career with 2 bigs playing in the paint and still been very effective at getting to the basket and creating offense. He definitely doesn't NEED a PF who plays outside the 3pt line to be effective.

I could see the extra spacing being needed when we didn't have a SF who could spread the floor, and we didn't have a PG who could create for himself. Now that we have Pietrus and Lowry though, I don't think we NEED to have a big playing out at the 3pt line to be effective at scoring the basketball.

I think our team could use 2 big men who can protect the rim and rebound more then we need one standing at the 3pt line shooting around 30% from behind the arc. JV has almost twice as many bpg as anyone on our roster in under 24 mpg. He is our best shot blocker, our best low post player, and one of our best rebounders.

I don't even think Bargnani being out there keeps defenses honest right now. They leave him and let him shoot most of the time...and he still only shoots 30%.

Lowry and Pietrus can shoot the 3, and Derozan is shooting it just as well as AB so far this season. What we need are guys who can bang down low to finish off defensive possessions, and guys who can get us extra ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Derozan just drives in hoping for a foul most of the time and the refs won't give them to him. He is a great mid range shooter though, so why not let him focus on where he is actually very effective. He is athletic enough to attack the basket when there is an opening. He has put up solid numbers in the past when Bargnani was out due to injury, saying he needs Bargnani out there to be effective is just an excuse imo...and not a very good one.

Lowry has played most of his career with 2 bigs playing in the paint and still been very effective at getting to the basket and creating offense. He definitely doesn't NEED a PF who plays outside the 3pt line to be effective.

I could see the extra spacing being needed when we didn't have a SF who could spread the floor, and we didn't have a PG who could create for himself. Now that we have Pietrus and Lowry though, I don't think we NEED to have a big playing out at the 3pt line to be effective at scoring the basketball.

I think our team could use 2 big men who can protect the rim and rebound more then we need one standing at the 3pt line shooting around 30% from behind the arc. JV has almost twice as many bpg as anyone on our roster in under 24 mpg. He is our best shot blocker, our best low post player, and one of our best rebounders.

I don't even think Bargnani being out there keeps defenses honest right now. They leave him and let him shoot most of the time...and he still only shoots 30%.

Lowry and Pietrus can shoot the 3, and Derozan is shooting it just as well as AB so far this season. What we need are guys who can bang down low to finish off defensive possessions, and guys who can get us extra ones.
    Would you want them jump shooting most of the time or driving to the basket. Casey is playing them to their strengths, which is driving.

vCash
    Looks like "Stop Watching the Raptors for the Season Day" has come early this year.

vCash
    i'm gonna hold off on that. watching the live boxscore i mean, i'm not watching the games anymore. but i won't switch off entirely if Jonas is still getting the same minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Am I the only one that saw this line "But the Raptorsí ability to protect their paint has reached crisis proportions" and just shook their head thinking Andrea.
    Reached crisis proportions, was Bargnani not starting prior to reaching crisis proportions.

Jonas is just not strong enough currently to contain his man one on one. Every team with a decent big man has isolated Jonas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    As long as Jonas gets minutes, I am happy. What worries me is that you take a guy who has really good floor-chemistry with Jose, Amir, and replace him with someone who has really poor floor-chemistry with Jose.

At least we'll see longer runs of Ed and Jonas playing together.
    I like the pairing of Bargnani & ED.

Ed is the best shot blocker & rebounder on the team.

My 2 rotations

Bargnani
    Ed
    Peitrus
    DeRozan
    Lowry

Jonas
    Amir
    Klieza
    Ross
    Calderon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Agreed. If Bargs is only out there as a decoy, why not find a cheap stretch 4 that actually hits the occasional shot and doesn't mind grabbing a rebound? Our biggest offensive threat shouldn't be out there as a smoke screen. Playing 4-on-5 ball on purpose is one of the dumbest cover-ups I've ever heard. If he's out there, get him the ball where he can be comfortable and score. If you only want to use him as a spot-up shooter, that's a waste of talent and he should be traded.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    This organization is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    This organization is a joke.
    Haha, are you like 94 years old? ...cuz you're pretty grumpy my man.

It's been a brutal season, and it sucks that "news" is that the guy we started at C during some of our worst years has been put back in the starting lineup, I agree. But it builds character, and when we win that championship in 2038 we'll be able to say we stuck by our team the whole time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Haha, are you like 94 years old? ...cuz you're pretty grumpy my man.

It's been a brutal season, and it sucks that "news" is that the guy we started at C during some of our worst years has been put back in the starting lineup, I agree. But it builds character, and when we win that championship in 2038 we'll be able to say we stuck by our team the whole time.
    **** man, i'm hoping Guelph has received an expansion team by then

wait, what guy are you talking about?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    **** man, i'm hoping Guelph has received an expansion team by then

wait, what guy are you talking about?
    Amir.....no Amir hate, but Tmath seemed not to really care for him starting, or just saw it as a completely sideways move. Or just doesn't give two *****. I dunno.

and yeah it crossed my mind that we might not even have a team for super long. How brutal would it be if we supported a perpetual loser that got moved before we ever even saw them succeed? What's worse is that I'll for sure never see a team in Calgary. This city is glued to the lockout news. They all say that they're so pissed about the players and owners and won't support it when they come back, but they're still walking around in Flames hats and stuff. The first game back will be a wild sellout.

vCash
    Floor spacing > accountability.

Sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post

Sad.
    That's just it. Plus we're only talking about spacing on one side of the court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post

Sad.
    x100000

although i get why it's Jonas. the defense sucks and he's one of 3 very soft spots defensively in our starting lineup, and he's 20 years old. it's the easiest to explain to the fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    That's just it. Plus we're only talking about spacing on one side of the court.

Amen brother. Amen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast