Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well that was exactly my point to STILLA, who is praising our FO as if getting Felton over Lin was our plan all along. if that were the case we could have Scola...easily.

It wasn't... we wanted Lin... we just lucked out that things worked out ok.

Not to mention if we had Scola there would have been no need for Camby and we could have used our S&T pieces for another piece like Foye.

I like Grunwald, but lets not paint him out to be a genius in this case now that Lin is struggling when he clearly wanted Lin back.
    after all the other reasons I posted the best I left out lol

You cant trade Lin for scola and you think for one second with the three contracts we have we were going to take Scola's ??

The amnesty provision, new to the collective bargaining agreement reached in November, allows a team to waive a player and not have the player's salary count against the salary cap. However, the team is still responsible for paying the player. Scola has two years and $19.6 million fully guaranteed left on his deal and a third year worth $11 million, of which only $1 million is guaranteed.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    after all the other reasons I posted the best I left out lol

You cant trade Lin for scola and you think for one second with the three contracts we have we were going to take Scola's ??
    Ya Scola would be a bad choice if we did got anyone back it would be ether Parsons, Peterson, or someone along those lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Ya Scola would be a bad choice if we did got anyone back it would be ether Parsons, Peterson, or someone along those lines.
    wasn't happening, you see what they are making?

You just can't throw names out there and give our FO more credit they know more than we do about cap, trades, and players.

Well most of us

vCash
    So why would Houston do that when they can keep their youngster and get Lin with cap space?

Knicks had zero leverage to force Houston into anything.

Plus keep in mind those players were to be held only for a superstar trade, not to be fleeced when it could be done for free.

Plus those kids don't make nearly enough to match the salary of Lin.

vCash
    Lets end this I just checked the salaries not one player and not even those two combined are a legal trade.

Its okay to admit your wrong in this case, there is no way a S&T would have happened or these two teams would let it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged QT View Post
    So why would Houston do that when they can keep their youngster and get Lin with cap space?

Knicks had zero leverage to force Houston into anything.

Plus keep in mind those players were to be held only for a superstar trade, not to be fleeced when it could be done for free.

Plus those kids don't make nearly enough to match the salary of Lin.
    These two posters don't really follow Houston till Lin got there:

Not being mean but the only reason they amnestied Scola was to make room for a trade for Howard using their picks and young talent.

This is a fact so there was not one scenario that anyone can say that the Knicks FO messed up.

The didn't..........

vCash
    These two posters don't really follow Houston till Lin got there:

Not being mean but the only reason they amnestied Scola was to make room for a trade for Howard using their picks and young talent.

This is a fact so there was not one scenario that anyone can say that the Knicks FO messed up.

The didn't..........
    Fully agree, the Scola situation was wide open common knowledge.

The only thing about Lin is the Knicks could have had him AND the current roster.....if that's a fault thats the only argument to be made.

The S&T factor is just poor revisionary thinking without regard to the cba or common business sense.

vCash
    I though Dragic was a lock for them he played great. They just wanted to cash in on Lin's market and are looking stooped now. No way we kept Z-bo. If we had Z-bo no Amare and then Maybe no Melo ether.
    I really don't think Melo cared that much about Amare.

I mean he was willing to go Brooklyn. I doubt Brook Lopez was enticing him there.

vCash
    Lets end this I just checked the salaries not one player and not even those two combined are a legal trade.

Its okay to admit your wrong in this case, there is no way a S&T would have happened or these two teams would let it happen.
    Your right I just checked. Those two combined wouldn't be enough. Didn't realize they were making so little. But what if we gave them Lin, Toney plus others in a package for Kevin Martin would that work?

And ya I was aware of the fact Houston was unloading to bring in Howard didn't have to follow Houston to know that fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I really don't think Melo cared that much about Amare.

I mean he was willing to go Brooklyn. I doubt Brook Lopez was enticing him there.
    Maybe but the whole point of unloading our contracts was to sign Lebron and another Star, which did not happen since we only signed Amare.

vCash
    Your right I just checked. Those two combined wouldn't be enough. Didn't realize they were making so little. But what if we gave them Lin, Toney plus others in a package for Kevin Martin would that work?

And ya I was aware of the fact Houston was unloading to bring in Howard didn't have to follow Houston to know that fact.
    TD and Jorts traded to Houston for Camby, so no not available.

There was no S&T no matter how you slice and dice it.

vCash
    TD and Jorts traded to Houston for Camby, so no not available.

There was no S&T no matter how you slice and dice it.
    If a sign and trade was done we would still have those pieces because the Camby trade would come after Lins S&T. So IMO Martin was obtainable if we still had Jorts and Toney along with other pieces. Martin is making around 11 million so that number could have been equaled. Much rather have Martin then Camby if that was possible.

vCash
    If a sign and trade was done we would still have those pieces because the Camby trade would come after Lins S&T. So IMO Martin was obtainable if we still had Jorts and Toney along with other pieces. Martin is making around 11 million so that number could have been equaled. Much rather have Martin then Camby if that was possible.
    And the Camby trade was deemed necessary because it was before anyone everyone including Wallace himself knew he was coming here. Camby was necessary at the time and still somewhat is. We were getting him regardless. Its clear part of the plan was loading up on veteran bigs. I think its time to give up this argument.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345