Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Glen Grunwald GM of the year?

Is it possible?

We're much better this year despite the unpopular move of not keeping Lin. Grunwald had to be really creative with the roster after being whipped hard last year in Miami and now he has.

Ppl say our roster is too old but we're experienced and it shows.

Who would have thought he could get Kidd, felton and all these veterans for almost the same costs of paying Lin's salary!!!

So what do you guys think? GM OF THE YEAR?????!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_bladen View Post
    Is it possible?

We're much better this year despite the unpopular move of not keeping Lin. Grunwald had to be really creative with the roster after being whipped hard last year in Miami and now he has.

Ppl say our roster is too old but we're experienced and it shows.

Who would have thought he could get Kidd, felton and all these veterans for almost the same costs of paying Lin's salary!!!

So what do you guys think? GM OF THE YEAR?????!!
    lol read my post huh

If the season ended today its not even a discussion and i'm not going to repeat everything I said in the GT, too long lol

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lol read my post huh

If the season ended today its not even a discussion and i'm not going to repeat everything I said in the GT, too long lol
    yup i definitely read it !! which is why i think this is thread worthy !!

definitely should be having this discussion!!!

although we still gotta give credit to walsh for giving us the foundation ..

imo grunwald and walsh need to share the prize together !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_bladen View Post
    yup i definitely read it !! which is why i think this is thread worthy !!

definitely should be having this discussion!!!

although we still gotta give credit to walsh for giving us the foundation ..

imo grunwald and walsh need to share the prize together !
    I 50% agree with you, any moron could have cut cap, it was giving candy away for free.

Amare came as his third choice and only team to take him with no insurance.

Melo came for the entire team and would have gone to Brklyn.

So what did Grun do?

Picked Iman
    got Linsanity and Novakaine
    made a great move letting insanity go and get Felton and Thomas for JJ lol
    got Sheed and Camby
    went for Pablo, great move for a third pg
    got brewer with only vet min available
    retained JR after getting him from europe
    amnestied Billups and got Chandler
    has end of the bench players in Cope and White who actually can produce

I was a huge Donnie advocate and then put things in perspective with his two yr plan that really never happened. And to say we need cap for FA's well duh every poster here said that after the decade of Isiah and all those moves.

Can't give donnie the least bit of credit and he did hire Mike to boot.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I 50% agree with you, any moron could have cut cap, it was giving candy away for free.

Amare came as his third choice and only team to take him with no insurance.

Melo came for the entire team and would have gone to Brklyn.

So what did Grun do?

Picked Iman
    got Linsanity and Novakaine
    made a great move letting insanity go and get Felton and Thomas for JJ lol
    got Sheed and Camby
    went for Pablo, great move for a third pg
    got brewer with only vet min available
    retained JR after getting him from europe
    amnestied Billups and got Chandler
    has end of the bench players in Cope and White who actually can produce

I was a huge Donnie advocate and then put things in perspective with his two yr plan that really never happened. And to say we need cap for FA's well duh every poster here said that after the decade of Isiah and all those moves.

Can't give donnie the least bit of credit and he did hire Mike to boot.
    You can't sell short how difficult it is to acquire two stars in this league. I don't think its fair to give credit for acquiring role players who directly came because of the stars and none for acquiring two stars after inheriting a 100m+ payroll team.

vCash
    If we can keep it up and finish the season strong I see no reason why he won't be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If we can keep it up and finish the season strong I see no reason why he won't be
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    If the Lakers don't go on a beastly run he's gotta be the frontrunner. All of our moves were so under the radar though, no major splashes, just picture perfect role players.

vCash
    Too early.... lets see....clippers gm...has a better shot ...Memphis has a even better shot than both...so no.

vCash
    It's early, but with the Knicks' team chemistry and the way all the pieces (all the way down the bench) fit together, he has to be the frontrunner by a wide margin. In other words, "without no doubt".
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    I think he's the front runner right now. He got a lot of crap for not re-signing Lin but its worked out 100 times better that way. We are top of the East and we are playing complete basketball. That has everything to do with Glen because he added the depth necessary to make us so successful.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    I mean he's off to a good start, but let's see how the rest of the season plays out. We haven't even player 25 games yet...

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    walsh drafted iman. grunfield has been spectacular though. i think, because of the melo trade and the chandler signing that we are going to be able to put a cast together like this rather easily for years to come. I mean think about it, when Kidd retires, we have Baron Davis ready to come back and fill in that roll. It will always be easy to fill in roll players in a market like NY because players like playing here so much. There will also never be any lack of vet players chasing rings. I think Grunwald understands the type of players you need to establish a winning culture and fortunately, woody seems to be the man for the job. I can definitely see Woody being our coach for the next 10 years or so, maybe more. Cheers to Grunwald and Cheers to Walsh, Together they have built a great time, one that, when fully healthy, can make a serious run this year. If we beat Chicago on Saturday and somehow then beat Denv on the 4th game in 5 nights at home, we have a fairly easy schedule coming up.

vCash
    simple answer is HECK YES!!
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Fleet Wulf is an honorable member of Society of American Military Engineers

Fleet Wulf is a Project Management Professional (PMP). PMP is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. PMP is demanded and recognized all over the world. It shows an engineer's level of education, experience and competency to direct and lead projects. He is also a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional. LEED has rating systems for the construction, design and operation of high performance homes, green buildings and neighborhoods.

http://www.slideboom.com/presentatio...-Of-Experience

http://fleetwulf.blogspot.in/

http://www.lookuppage.com/users/fleetwulf/

http://www.slideshare.net/fleet01/fleet-wulf-15172184

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast