Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Man, we all keep talking about how A-Rods contract is killing us. How about Tex at 22.5M per for another 4 seasons..

Too early to start thinking about finding a taker for him too?
    No trade clause. He's staying put.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    No trade clause. He's staying put.
    Ugh..well then maybe figure out a way to get him to OK a deal LOL

Going to hurt to be paying that kind of cash to a guy who's numbers continue to decline across the board. I'm all for good defense, but that can only take us so far

vCash
    I still think Tex has a lot to offer. If he would go back to hitting for average instead of thr HR ball, then he will be fine. Plus, he still in his prime. He is not the problem.

vCash
    Nice to just say if he goes back to hitting for average he'll be fine but its been 3 full years since he actually hit for average. His OBP and OPS have both been falling pretty drastically those 3 years too. Tex is a very real problem.

vCash
    And he's literally shown nothing to make us think he can be close to the hitter he was his first year here. So I don't really see where the hope is with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Nice to just say if he goes back to hitting for average he'll be fine but its been 3 full years since he actually hit for average. His OBP and OPS have both been falling pretty drastically those 3 years too. Tex is a very real problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    And he's literally shown nothing to make us think he can be close to the hitter he was his first year here. So I don't really see where the hope is with him.
    Exactly what I'm thinking (not like it's that hard to see)..

Not saying he is horrible or anything, but, well, at 22.5M, we aren't getting much of a bang for the buck. After a good first season, declining numbers across the board don't make me feel too confident. Doesn't seem like he has figured out what to do with the shift, either. Hard for me to just say "ahh, he's good, he will figure it out". Keep waiting for him to make an adjustment, and it hasn't happened. Also hasn't exactly lit it up in postseason play, either. Going to be stuck with a few albatross level contracts, and then faced with paying Cano, and then paying an aging Jeter. Going to be 100M tied up in infielders that may or may not be top-level hitters at their positions, and most likely not worth anything near what they are earning.

Not looking too good..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    I still think Tex has a lot to offer. If he would go back to hitting for average instead of thr HR ball, then he will be fine. Plus, he still in his prime. He is not the problem.
    Nothing has hinted towards that happening again. Tex is in decline.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234