Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael's 63

19 67.86%
  • Kobe's 81

9 32.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    63 is better because vs Celtics and playoffs.
    Doesn't mean Kobe's 81 isn't amongst the greatest individual scoring performances ever. Just because it's against a bad defensive team doesn't mean scoring 81 isn't impressive. Shouldn't call him a ballhog based on this game because you don't score that many without taking a good amount of shots. Not to mention his team was losing for most of the game and he just wanted to take over because he did play with one of the worst supporting casts of all time.

vCash
    Nice damn Kobe can't get respect even for 1 single thing when they compare him to Jordan! Kobe's was more impressive second highest scoring total I mean are u serious? Not to mention Jordan scored those 63 with overtime included and I believe it was a loss

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Kobe scored essentially 20 more points in 11 less minutes, at the rate kobe was going with 11 more mins he could've hit 100 and also had better efficiency...and it came with a WIN, unlike jordans in a losing effort in overtime. Gimme Kobe's performance not only better than jordans 63, but as the best performance in NBA history, Kobe's 62 points in 3 quarters literally outscoring the entire mavs team by himself comes close. I think after Kobe retires people will finally start to realize his greatness, much like Jordan himself after he retired.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 76
    Yards: 1,093
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Kobe scored essentially 20 more points in 11 less minutes, at the rate kobe was going with 11 more mins he could've hit 100 and also had better efficiency...and it came with a WIN, unlike jordans in a losing effort in overtime. Gimme Kobe's performance not only better than jordans 63, but as the best performance in NBA history, Kobe's 62 points in 3 quarters literally outscoring the entire mavs team by himself comes close. I think after Kobe retires people will finally start to realize his greatness, much like Jordan himself after he retired.
    yes I think that 62 game is better than his 81. Because when you say which was more impressive, I also think context. 62 vs western conference champions (eventually that year) or 81 against a silly Raptors team, though they were losing the 1st 3 quarters. Doesn't mean 81 isn't impressive, because it's certainly one of the best single game performances ever. But his 62 was just out of this world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HYFR View Post
    MJs was in a playoff game and Kobe's was against the raptors. Need I say more?
    was gonna say the same thing.

vCash
    Jordan easily. If people remember Jordan missed most that season with a broken foot. He only played in 18 games. Some people wondered if he would be as explosive a player coming off that injury. Many people wondered if Jordan should even play that season at all. Jordan did not look as dominant when he played in those 18 regular season games. Also there was talk the Bulls would be better not making the playoffs and getting a better draft pick. The Bulls only won around 30 games that season. Jordan would have none of that talk. He wanted to play and he wanted to make the playoffs. In that series vs Boston he played 1 against 3 at times and still scored 63.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Jordan, but because it was the Playoffs.

I think that the argument about Kobe doing it against the Raptors in silly - because "if it was against a bad team like the Raptors" why can't anyone else do it?
    Obviously what Kobe did was historic stuff, but it is a fair argument to use when considering the fact that Jordan did this against what many view as the greatest defensive team of all time, in the Garden, during the postseason after he just returned from a broken foot, no less.

vCash
    MJ's was in a playoff game...but the Bulls lost that day! Kobe's was in regular season but they won...however he did score 81, which is pretty unreal. However Jordan did it against a STUD Celtics team. Slight edge to Jordan bc it was a playoff game and bc of his opponent.
    El Presidente

vCash
    David Robinson had a big scoring game versus the Clippers also that was not made in to a big deal because that regular season game wasn't meaningful. Drob was trying to win that years scoring title. Many people forget he won it that year. Kobe had a really great regular season game against Toronto but its not the same as what MJ did.

That MJ playoff game was incredible. Larry Bird who I feel is often underrated on PSD said that he thought it was God disguised as Micheal Jordan.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    David Robinson had a big scoring game versus the Clippers also that was not made in to a big deal because that regular season game wasn't meaningful. Drob was trying to win that years scoring title. Many people forget he won it that year. Kobe had a really great regular season game against Toronto but its not the same as what MJ did.

That MJ playoff game was incredible. Larry Bird who I feel is often underrated on PSD said that he thought it was God disguised as Micheal Jordan.
    that's because they were force feeding him and the opposing team just stopped playing in the fourth quarter after the Spurs were up by like 20. Where in Kobe's case, Lakers were losing in the first 3 quarters.

vCash
    Don't think MJ could.even.dream about scoring 81 in a game. That's saying a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12