Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Anyone Else Think...

woodson gonna see more time at safety rest of the season? i know we talked bout it before season started, now with hayward and house proving capable, and shields coming back, maybe its best to put woodson at safety where he can afford to give up a step and ballhawk a lil more?

vCash
    I think that was the plan all along. I still think they will rotate McMillian and Jennings in at safety and maybe give Woodson some plays off. I am not really interested in seeing him play at CB unless he has to due to injuries.

vCash
    Agreed.. We are great at corner.. With Wood and Shields returning we will be good.. But Matthews back is what we need.. Man can we get dangerous.

vCash
    we need clay and neal more than woodson IMO but yeah woodson would most likely play more safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I think that was the plan all along. I still think they will rotate McMillian and Jennings in at safety and maybe give Woodson some plays off. I am not really interested in seeing him play at CB unless he has to due to injuries.
    jennings has played decent, gotta give him credit. but there have been too many big plays given up for us to be content

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    jennings has played decent, gotta give him credit. but there have been too many big plays given up for us to be content
    There hasn't been to many big plays given up in the secondary compared to last year. I really don't think there has been a game this year that we were beat cause we gave up a bunch of big plays in the secondary minus the game against the Colts and maybe the Lions. Last week we gave some up to AP but that was on the defense as a whole IMO.

The nice thing about getting Woodson back is that he is a pretty darn good at getting to the QB for a CB

vCash
    I agree with cheese the big plays aren't really the secondarys fault you have to give that up to the lack of pass rush. I would have to say this is the best secondary we have had in awhile. I think we get cmiii back platoon Moses and walden and generate a pass rush again I d can be top notch
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    defiently once sheilds is healthy
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Woodson was playing Safety when he got hurt...
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I think he stays at safety. Man, if everyone on D can stay healthy and get in a grove they'll be a great unit to watch.

Remember last year when every possession was simply a matter of whether they'd give up a FG or a TD?

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    I wonder where he'll fit in. He really isn't a natural safety though either. He does excell at reading the qb which is nice from a safety, but I'm not sure he's really an effective centerfielder safety like an Ed Reed is. Woodson more excels at sitting in the slot/up in the box and falling off of his guy in man to jump a route on someone else. Or something like anticipating a certain route and cutting underneath it. That's not really something you do a ton of in certain safety spots.

As dumb as it sounds, I almost think he may be more of an OLB. We like to move Clay around a ton and let him rush from the middle and outside and things a lot, so having Woodson line up almost like an OLB in clear passing situations can be beneficial since he is a great blitzer for a DB, but can hold his own covering tight ends better than most OLBs. So obviously its not an every down position for him, but that's the type of role I could see him carving out. Not necessarily a traditional S or CB. Clearly he wouldn't be in place of a guy like Moses or Walden on running downs, but that's a great spot for him to allow Dom to get more creative with schemes against obvious passing teams.

vCash
    Wood was at safety, but played slot on 3rd down and obvious passing downs.. With the emergence of Casey, Wood can play full time.

vCash
    Woodson was at safety.

Since everyone else said it I wanted to too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Woodson was at safety.

Since everyone else said it I wanted to too
    yea we know, but dont forget he was at safety!