Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Dodgers Talk to Time Warner Cable.

By Bill Shaikin
    December 6, 2012, 6:45 p.m.
    The Dodgers and Time Warner Cable have met to discuss a potential deal for the team's television rights, according to two people familiar with the talks but not authorized to comment on them.

The Dodgers are considering at least three options for their next television home: the Prime Ticket cable channel owned by Fox Sports, the SportsNet cable channel owned by TWC or a new channel owned by the team.

Fox and the Dodgers have discussed a contract worth at least $6 billion over 25 years, but the Fox exclusive negotiating window expired last week. The Dodgers must provide Fox with a final offer by Friday and give the company one month to accept or reject it.

The Dodgers are expected to emerge with a substantial ownership stake in whatever channel carries their games. The Fox offer to the Dodgers included a stake in Prime Ticket. The Dodgers also could partner with Fox on a channel independent of Prime Ticket, or with TWC on a channel independent of SportsNet.

The Dodgers will air on Fox next year, the final season under the current contract.

In 2014 and beyond, the Dodgers would like to present a team-branded channel with interactive game broadcasts and extended programming before and after games.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...,2158043.story

It would be cool to have the Lakers, Dodgers, and Galaxy on the same channel.

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    i enjoy the backstage lakers on sportsnet i'd like to have an all dodgers channel and all the billions that come with it

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    As long as DirecTV keeps it free like the Time Warner channel for the Lakers, i'm all good. I do enjoy the Lakers on DirecTV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    We should create our own network..it's best for the long haul.

vCash
    I wishing PBS picks them up

vCash
    **** FOX. That's all I have to say.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Fox ruined the dodgers

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    F Murdoch!!!

vCash
    which is the reason i dont want them to re-up with fox ^^^^

let fox have the B teams such as the clippers and gayngels

lakers & dodgers should be on sportsnet

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    I would like a separate 24/7 year-around Dodgers channel...so that when the Lakers are stinking it up against a team like Orlando, I can switch over and watch some rebroadcasts of classic Dodger games from the 70s and 80s.

Regardless if it is a Time Warner channel or their own network, FOX should never be involved with the Dodgers ever again.

vCash
    I don't mind if the Dodgers get their own network as long we don't pay extra for it. It better be a part of my package because i'm already paying so much as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    i don't care about the local broadcaster since i don't live in SoCal, what's more important to me is a dodger cable channel, a Dodger Entertainment Network, a DEN of sorts.

vCash
    Mlb season pass is where i watch most of the games

vCash
    Efff time warner cable!! I have dish... its seriously time to switch.. Dodgers possibly goin to TWC is the nail in the coffin.. DirecTV here i come..

vCash
    If they want extended coverage before and after the games, it could not be on TWC sports net because there would be several times in April-May where both teams would play on the same night at the same time. This is why Prime Ticket was useful for when there were simultaneous games. So is is unlikely that Dodgers / Lakers would be on the same exact channel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast